HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 27, 2012, 01:50 PM
USA, CA, Westlake Village
Joined Sep 2004
1,790 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DropTank View Post
Yep I saw it. I would need a $14.99 adapter for my DX8 and my charger won't charge LiFe batts. If my charger would charge LiFe batteries, I would do it.
Ugh...really? They don't provide adapters for different transmitters? I have a DX8... Seems silly not to include adapters for mainstream brands unless you're just trying to make a few extra bucks off of your customers...
lovespicyfood is offline Find More Posts by lovespicyfood
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 27, 2012, 02:10 PM
Joined Sep 2004
1,790 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovespicyfood View Post
Ugh...really? They don't provide adapters for different transmitters? I have a DX8... Seems silly not to include adapters for mainstream brands unless you're just trying to make a few extra bucks off of your customers...
Read the specs more closely and it does require a cable for the DX8. However, it does come with a cable for a DX7 so I will use my old tx for this Anylink module...

Pete
Old Nov 27, 2012, 03:36 PM
"Unappreciative tosser"
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Oct 2011
546 Posts
Anyone know of any shops selling these for around $99. I'm interested in a spare and don't need another Anylink. Cheap shipping to Canada also a bonus.

Thanks
eltreato is offline Find More Posts by eltreato
Old Nov 27, 2012, 06:54 PM
LETS GO UTES!!
United States, UT, Salt Lake City
Joined Mar 2011
201 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixinarow View Post
I saw the $60 Sabre and showed the wife. She says, "get it!". So, I did!
My wife said the saaaaame thing.... and so did I HAHAHA! WIN!
Just got my first flight in today. Love this little bird.
TheyCallMeUTAH is offline Find More Posts by TheyCallMeUTAH
Old Nov 27, 2012, 09:48 PM
The Last Question
United States, UT, West Valley City
Joined Oct 2006
528 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micubano View Post
Time Flys Hobbies in Dickson City PA had these on sale for $50 on Black Friday, so now I own one. The guys at the store slapped a $599 ($699 MSRP) sticker on the box for me as a joke to play on my wife. I will never play that joke on her again. To make up for it, I have to wait until Christmas to open it.
Hahahaha that's hilarious. Sorry to hear about your punishment though.

I can't wait to fly mine. What a deal. So many times I almost bought this at the LHS...

And if I get bored with the speed I'll put in my custom motor I wound for it when this jet first came out. It screams on 2s compared to the ammo inrunner. I might rewind it though with thicker wire since I have a bit more room. Always tinkering...
Entropy76 is online now Find More Posts by Entropy76
Old Nov 28, 2012, 09:54 AM
Joined Sep 2004
1,790 Posts
Got mine yesterday. Got it "bound" on my DX7 and I am hoping to maiden it in between a couple rainstorms we are supposed to get thru the next few days. I have to say, I am impressed with this thing! It looks great and appears to work well! Especially for the insane price of $60!
Old Nov 28, 2012, 02:49 PM
United States, GA, Acworth
Joined Mar 2011
4,313 Posts
Hey guys just picked one of these up during the sale tower had. I am using it on the anylink attached to my Hitec Aurora9. I have it bound up and every thing works, however whenever i use the ailerons or rudder they jitter like crazy. Anybody seen this or do i need to be contacting tower about this
shadow102 is online now Find More Posts by shadow102
Old Nov 28, 2012, 03:53 PM
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Joined Sep 2004
63 Posts
Jittery F-86

Dumb advice but worth checking:

Sure that the batteries are charged (TX and Lipo)?
Are all servo and battery connections tight?
Correct binding/model?

After that, if still jittering a call to Tower seems in order.

Best of luck.

DRS
JustFlyIt is offline Find More Posts by JustFlyIt
Old Nov 28, 2012, 03:56 PM
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Joined Sep 2004
63 Posts
New F-86

Just bought one for the crazy Thanksgiving sale price too. What a deal! Really good timing too...I just drove my last one into the ground like a small pile driver.

Not pretty!

DRS
Old Nov 28, 2012, 03:59 PM
United States, GA, Acworth
Joined Mar 2011
4,313 Posts
Looks like its something wrong with the plane itself just tried it with my Turnigy 9x and i get the same jittering
shadow102 is online now Find More Posts by shadow102
Old Nov 28, 2012, 04:05 PM
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Joined Sep 2004
63 Posts
Jittery F-86

Yep, sounds like a call is in order. My friends and I have had several and have not had that problem.

DRS
Old Nov 28, 2012, 07:48 PM
Joined Sep 2004
1,790 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow102 View Post
Hey guys just picked one of these up during the sale tower had. I am using it on the anylink attached to my Hitec Aurora9. I have it bound up and every thing works, however whenever i use the ailerons or rudder they jitter like crazy. Anybody seen this or do i need to be contacting tower about this
I'm sure they'll replace it, but I'm also sure if you have DeOxit around, shooting it into those servos will solve your problem. This is a well known trick with MCPX and Nano servos and I usually have to shoot DeOxit in them when they start jittering which is usually ~50 or so flights...

Though your servos are new, I have seen this happen out of the box some times...

Good luck!

Pete
Old Nov 28, 2012, 08:07 PM
The Biscuit is optional
United States, GA, Bulloch
Joined Nov 2012
37 Posts
Well, as with many folks here, I found the sale and called the wife over. She said, *sigh*, get it. It should have arrived today but the dag gone UPS people in Atlanta didnt unload the truck yesterday or something. So now I have to wait until tomorrow. Yet another day of long waiting and watching the clock go tick, tick, tick..............tock.
Cathead is offline Find More Posts by Cathead
Old Nov 28, 2012, 10:06 PM
CV-15 VB-16
USA, TX, Friendswood
Joined Jul 2007
1,369 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovespicyfood View Post
I'm sure they'll replace it, but I'm also sure if you have DeOxit around, shooting it into those servos will solve your problem. This is a well known trick with MCPX and Nano servos and I usually have to shoot DeOxit in them when they start jittering which is usually ~50 or so flights...

Though your servos are new, I have seen this happen out of the box some times...

Good luck!

Pete
You're bound to be eager to fly it, but you really should just contact them for a replacement. Not sure how you'd go about shooting anything into the servos anyway, as they are sealed inside the fuselage and wing. That would be a last resort thing to do, imo. Like, after they say they wont replace it...which they are extremely unlikely to do.

g
giuseppi is offline Find More Posts by giuseppi
Old Nov 30, 2012, 12:50 PM
LETS GO UTES!!
United States, UT, Salt Lake City
Joined Mar 2011
201 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathead View Post
Well, as with many folks here, I found the sale and called the wife over. She said, *sigh*, get it. It should have arrived today but the dag gone UPS people in Atlanta didnt unload the truck yesterday or something. So now I have to wait until tomorrow. Yet another day of long waiting and watching the clock go tick, tick, tick..............tock.
Its enough to make ya old....I HATE waiting.
TheyCallMeUTAH is offline Find More Posts by TheyCallMeUTAH