Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Oct 12, 2012, 11:08 PM
that's gonna leave a scar
Marina Village, NC
Joined Aug 2007
3,415 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Don View Post
Honestly I hope none. This is mean for flying at our indoor RC site which is a full size football field and about 80 feet high.
and no wind !! yeah...i'm jealous....ENJOY that !
KCinNC is offline Find More Posts by KCinNC
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 12, 2012, 11:11 PM
Wonderfully Wicked
Willoughby, Ohio
Joined Jan 2002
12,940 Posts
This is the site that we fly in. More photos here if go to the past picture link on this page. http://www.hef-rcexpo.com/home.html
The Don is online now Find More Posts by The Don
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 13, 2012, 08:05 AM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,057 Posts
Nice

Sounds like a good place to fly
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Oct 19, 2012, 07:36 AM
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined May 2009
336 Posts
Ok, finally got this F-86 programmed and setup with the AnyLink. Started playing with the controls and noticed one elevator rod has come disconnected from the servo inside the plane. I can move it freely while the others are stiff. The servo doesn't move it hardly at all on that side. other elevator moves fine. Im guessing the clevis came unattached or something. Now, there looks to be no way to reach the servos with out cutting the fuse open ? Does the wing come off at all ? Just curious on yalls thoughts....thanks.

Drew
gapple12 is offline Find More Posts by gapple12
Old Oct 19, 2012, 08:02 AM
CV-15 VB-16
USA, TX, Friendswood
Joined Jul 2007
1,366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gapple12 View Post
Ok, finally got this F-86 programmed and setup with the AnyLink. Started playing with the controls and noticed one elevator rod has come disconnected from the servo inside the plane. I can move it freely while the others are stiff. The servo doesn't move it hardly at all on that side. other elevator moves fine. Im guessing the clevis came unattached or something. Now, there looks to be no way to reach the servos with out cutting the fuse open ? Does the wing come off at all ? Just curious on yalls thoughts....thanks.

Drew
I would contact whoever it is you bought it from and find out if they'll replace it. If it came from Tower they are real good about taking care of the customer.

The wing is glued on. Probably CA. It doesn't just "come off" but will have to be surgically removed.

Try to get it replaced before you start cutting on it.

g
giuseppi is offline Find More Posts by giuseppi
Old Oct 19, 2012, 08:20 AM
Joined May 2009
336 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by giuseppi View Post
I would contact whoever it is you bought it from and find out if they'll replace it. If it came from Tower they are real good about taking care of the customer.

The wing is glued on. Probably CA. It doesn't just "come off" but will have to be surgically removed.

Try to get it replaced before you start cutting on it.

g
Ok, I figured it wouldn't be easy to get to. I actually didn't buy this plane, Hobbico sent it to me to test and review for the AnyLink stuff. I will call them and see if they will just swop it out for me. Just really wanted to fly it this weekend.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 10:19 AM
Joined May 2009
336 Posts
Just talked with Hobbico, there taking care of the problem. Man, those guys there are top notch in my book, really great customer service at Hobbico.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 12:10 PM
United States, MI, Portage
Joined Sep 2011
4,067 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gapple12 View Post
Just talked with Hobbico, there taking care of the problem. Man, those guys there are top notch in my book, really great customer service at Hobbico.
Did you see the level of customer service I received a few posts up?? I posted that a plane that was given to me after it was crashed, repaired it, flew it a few times then had the back of the motor cap come off. They then sent me a brand new motor knowing the plane was given to me free of charge. Freaking fantastic
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fatshark Attitude 1.3ghz
Old Oct 19, 2012, 12:30 PM
Joined May 2009
336 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudflying View Post
Did you see the level of customer service I received a few posts up?? I posted that a plane that was given to me after it was crashed, repaired it, flew it a few times then had the back of the motor cap come off. They then sent me a brand new motor knowing the plane was given to me free of charge. Freaking fantastic
Simply Awesome !!!
Old Oct 26, 2012, 07:22 AM
Braselton Ga
Joined Apr 2009
504 Posts
I have been building and flying for a long time. Every plane I get I read the fourms. Went thru this one got all the info (even made notes). Got the F86 all setup. CG dead on. Got in a rush to test it and made dumb mistake.

Two things to report.
1- Dont pull up fast on take off or hand launch. I forgot to add expo and normal refex is pull up. Went straight up then straigh down and cracked the wing . Fixable

2- Be very careful with the batteries. I was connecting to my charger and the un-protected pos touched the case and welded to it. Lucky I was able to pull it off before it shorted the batt.
If I had not noticed it could have been bad. Already planed to change connectors to be consistant with my other systems.
LannyT2 is offline Find More Posts by LannyT2
Old Oct 27, 2012, 07:46 AM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,057 Posts
I've been busy lately but I am almost done my x32. I'll post pics when she is done.
Old Oct 27, 2012, 03:20 PM
"Unappreciative tosser"
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Oct 2011
543 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29 View Post
I've been busy lately but I am almost done my x32. I'll post pics when she is done.
Please do, I've got one sitting unassembled waiting for my Sabre to die. I'm curious to hear a flight report too.
eltreato is offline Find More Posts by eltreato
Old Oct 27, 2012, 09:32 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,057 Posts
will do

Quote:
Originally Posted by eltreato View Post
Please do, I've got one sitting unassembled waiting for my Sabre to die. I'm curious to hear a flight report too.
Old Nov 02, 2012, 05:27 AM
Horsham, PA
Joined Aug 2007
128 Posts
I have built the X32 using the 28mm EDF unit from a Eflite MIG 15. I used this unit because I had a spare motor and a small Hobby King receiver plus servos that I could use. I do like it, but because I used a different motor, I had to make several modifications. When I first built it, it was much slower than the MIG which weighed about 100 grams more. I first closed off the front intake because it was clogged by the receiver, ESC, and wiring etc. This improved the speed, but not enough. I then lengthened the thrust tube and opened up its exhaust. The performance increased considerably and I am now happy with it power. It flys well, but is a little twitchy so you might want to use a little expo. If you use the F-86 EDF unit it was designed for you might not have to make these modifications. However, I suspect that you would have to still lengthen the thrust tube and its exhaust size to get enough performance.
impmotor is offline Find More Posts by impmotor
Old Nov 02, 2012, 07:27 AM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,057 Posts
I finished mine last night. It weights 38 grams but has landing gear and is heavily reinforced with cf

I think my stock Sabre was 60 grama rtf

Can anyone confirm weight?