HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 09, 2012, 02:59 AM
"Unappreciative tosser"
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Oct 2011
567 Posts
Has anyone else wondered what micros Hobbico will come out with next to follow-up on the Sabre? I have an Anylink that needs more to do. I have to say none of the other offerings currently available hold my interest, unless you count the Phazer which needs too much room.
eltreato is offline Find More Posts by eltreato
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 09, 2012, 11:46 AM
United States, MI, Paw Paw
Joined Sep 2011
4,110 Posts
I would LOVE to see a me-262 In a nice winter scheme

3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fatshark Attitude 1.3ghz
Old Oct 09, 2012, 05:12 PM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,254 Posts
It wouldn't surprise me if the Hobbico Team is planning another model since the Sabre was so popular.

The Chinese knock off's that may come out will be interesting to see too. Just look how they latched on to the micro coaxial heli's. Heck, I just got an email listing one of them that blows soap bubbles while it flies!! LOL
NitroCharged is offline Find More Posts by NitroCharged
Old Oct 10, 2012, 03:03 AM
"Unappreciative tosser"
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Oct 2011
567 Posts
That's it then the customer base has spoken. The next Hobbico release you'll be binding to your Anylinks will be a micro winter-schemed me-262... that blows bubbles. Hobbico, you can pay me later.
eltreato is offline Find More Posts by eltreato
Old Oct 12, 2012, 10:20 AM
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined May 2009
336 Posts
Just picked up one of these. Curious what kind of flight times you guys are getting with the stock 250mAh packs ? Also, I'm thinking of picking up some Turnigy Nano 300mAh packs for it, any thoughts ?

Drew
gapple12 is offline Find More Posts by gapple12
Old Oct 12, 2012, 10:45 AM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Oct 2006
506 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike20 View Post
Anyone know how much expo I can put in using my dx6i? I can fly the plane fine when I think about slow movements, it's not hard to fly at all. But there's times where I put too much input into the control and it causes me to crash. I already have +50,+50, and +45. (top,middle,bottom) I just hate that I fly so well but panic when my plane rolls too much and end up crashing anyway. I guess practice makes perfect huh?

Ps also has anyone experienced a sticking elevator (when looking at the back of the plane) the right elevator doesn't move as much as the left one. Has anyone come up with a fix for this?
"Expo" only controls the rate at which stick movement alters the control surface position, not how far it goes. (expo dampens the initial response. ie less control surface deflection per mm of stick movement around the centre or initial stick movement. The further out from center you move the stick the more rapidly surface deflection is relative to stick position.

What you want is is to set a limit on "travel" so the surface does not go to full deflection.

Set it up in "Dual Rates" so that low rate gives you 50% and high rates 65%.

Look at
Dual Rate & Expo Explained (8 min 12 sec)
trroadster is offline Find More Posts by trroadster
Old Oct 12, 2012, 06:23 PM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,254 Posts
Drew, flight times are nice with the stock lipo. I also use the 300 NT's in it and you get a little more time. It remains pretty well balanced with the 300's too.
NitroCharged is offline Find More Posts by NitroCharged
Old Oct 12, 2012, 07:52 PM
Joined May 2009
336 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroCharged View Post
Drew, flight times are nice with the stock lipo. I also use the 300 NT's in it and you get a little more time. It remains pretty well balanced with the 300's too.
Great !! thanks for the reply.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 08:09 PM
Wonderfully Wicked
Willoughby, Ohio
Joined Jan 2002
13,231 Posts
The UPS man droped off my model today form Tower. With the tower discount codes I was able to buy 2 more lipos and a spare impeller. I hooked up my Any Link to my Futaba 9C and got the model setup and ready to go. I will say this model in person , at least to me, looks better than it does on the website photos. Usually it is the other way around! I will say I was surprised to see that the polarized lipo plug having the long pin on the lipo plus side of the battery. I always make the long pin the negative on the lipo because once I had several small lipos in my pocket flying at a nearby park at the positive pin started touching the lipo tap of another battery and my pocket started to get hot rather quickly. So since then I always did long pin negative on lipos. Anyhow I am excited for the maiden flight!

Don
The Don is online now Find More Posts by The Don
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 12, 2012, 08:12 PM
Wonderfully Wicked
Willoughby, Ohio
Joined Jan 2002
13,231 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroCharged View Post
Are these ones OK?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=28646
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 12, 2012, 08:16 PM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,528 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Don View Post
The UPS man droped off my model today form Tower. With the tower discount codes I was able to buy 2 more lipos and a spare impeller. I hooked up my Any Link to my Futaba 9C and got the model setup and ready to go. I will say this model in person , at least to me, looks better than it does on the website photos. Usually it is the other way around! I will say I was surprised to see that the polarized lipo plug having the long pin on the lipo plus side of the battery. I always make the long pin the negative on the lipo because once I had several small lipos in my pocket flying at a nearby park at the positive pin started touching the lipo tap of another battery and my pocket started to get hot rather quickly. So since then I always did long pin negative on lipos. Anyhow I am excited for the maiden flight!

Don
They way they did the lipo is suppose to be the correct way,, but myself and many others do it like you do with protecting the positive lead from the battery just like we do with the wiring on our cars.. First thing I did was rewire the F-85 to my way.. Making sure to cover the fuse with some aluminum foil while soldering.. So as not to melt it..
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Old Oct 12, 2012, 08:56 PM
that's gonna leave a scar
United States, NC, Mooresville
Joined Aug 2007
3,550 Posts
30mm vs. 35mm

is this measurement from the blade diameter, or the fan shroud diameter ? i have a 30mm f-86 ..the backside of the shroud measured exactly 35mm...this kinda confused me
KCinNC is offline Find More Posts by KCinNC
Old Oct 12, 2012, 10:24 PM
Joined May 2009
336 Posts
Quote:

Just ordered two, hope so
Old Oct 12, 2012, 10:59 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,171 Posts
Don

What mod plans do you have up your sleeve for this model?

Quote:
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Oct 13, 2012, 12:03 AM
Wonderfully Wicked
Willoughby, Ohio
Joined Jan 2002
13,231 Posts
Honestly I hope none. This is mean for flying at our indoor RC site which is a full size football field and about 80 feet high.
RCG Plus Member