Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jun 13, 2012, 08:42 PM
Addicted
United States, CO, Parker
Joined Dec 2011
1,063 Posts
Found one at my LHS. Had to buy it! Only bad thing is I had to run across town (Denver) to get the Anylink adapter for my DX7S.

I couldn't wait for the Mig any longer.
Sixinarow is offline Find More Posts by Sixinarow
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 13, 2012, 10:41 PM
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Nov 2011
3,175 Posts
it's a fun Jet bro!
brushless55 is offline Find More Posts by brushless55
Old Jun 14, 2012, 02:39 AM
WiggleWiggleWiggle
South Australia
Joined Jan 2008
6,047 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brushless55 View Post
it's a fun Jet bro!
I'm sure it is. Nitrocharged loves flying his. Ive had a fly (and crash ) and its a great little model. Just cant justify the cost to get it here to Australia. Great Planes has a woeful distributor here. With the staggering amount of models they offer you think someone could see the business potential.
ozzi supercub is offline Find More Posts by ozzi supercub
Old Jun 14, 2012, 07:52 AM
savannah, GA
Joined Feb 2003
137 Posts
Just out of curiousity What does it cost to buy one of these little jets in Australia?
lousyflyer is offline Find More Posts by lousyflyer
Old Jun 14, 2012, 08:23 AM
Just wanna fly!
United States, TX
Joined Apr 2008
1,012 Posts
I asked a similar question on the MiG thread, have not recieved an answer there yet.

Is the top speed of the Micro F-86 Sabre analogous to the UM Stryker (I have the GWS 4040 prop on the Stryker with 240mah Hyps)?
grovey is offline Find More Posts by grovey
Old Jun 14, 2012, 09:25 AM
Novice in training
United States, NC, Statesville
Joined Aug 2011
702 Posts
We'll I finally tried to maiden mine the other day and it went bad. I put the battery all the way forward (250mah) and thought everything was ready to go. Had my fiancee give it a throw and nose up and crash. I said ok maybe I didn't throttle up enough so try it again. Throttled all the way up and had her throw it and it went nose up again so I tried to level it out and gain some speed but it rolled completely over and nose first in the ground. Come to find out I had pulled a rookie mistake. I thought the elevator was moving the right way but I was in a hurry and it was reversed. So when I tried to level out out just flipped. : ( Dumb dumb dumb. Needless to say I felt real stupid and on the last nose in it threw the battery out and broke the nose and one aileron at the control horn. I CAed it back together last night and hopefully can try it again this weekend. Guess I need to add the dime in there and check CG again too.
JoshB is offline Find More Posts by JoshB
Old Jun 14, 2012, 09:33 AM
savannah, GA
Joined Feb 2003
137 Posts
Make sure your fiancee knows that she was not responsible for the impact. Not doing so could seriously hamper the success of your flying relationship
Old Jun 14, 2012, 09:47 AM
Novice in training
United States, NC, Statesville
Joined Aug 2011
702 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lousyflyer View Post
Make sure your fiancee knows that she was not responsible for the impact. Not doing so could seriously hamper the success of your flying relationship
lol I told her it was my fault. She throws my other planes from my big T28 to my UM stuff without problem. It was just a stupid mistake on my part.
JoshB is offline Find More Posts by JoshB
Old Jun 14, 2012, 01:51 PM
WiggleWiggleWiggle
South Australia
Joined Jan 2008
6,047 Posts
Quote:
Just out of curiousity What does it cost to buy one of these little jets in Australia?
You cant. Dont think anyone sells them. Buying from overseas is your only option. Would probably go over $200 including shipping. Bit rich for me.
ozzi supercub is offline Find More Posts by ozzi supercub
Old Jun 14, 2012, 02:45 PM
savannah, GA
Joined Feb 2003
137 Posts
I weighed one of my Sabres (which I purchased for $140) in the box then measured the dimensions and checked the postage to South Australia. $52USD which would bring it right up to slightly less than 200 dollars.

That would be a game changer for me as well. I would not have purchased mine at that price.
Old Jun 14, 2012, 03:06 PM
Just wanna fly!
United States, TX
Joined Apr 2008
1,012 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grovey View Post
I asked a similar question on the MiG thread, have not recieved an answer there yet.

Is the top speed of the Micro F-86 Sabre analogous to the UM Stryker (I have the GWS 4040 prop on the Stryker with 240mah Hyps)?
Can anyone speak to this?
Old Jun 14, 2012, 03:16 PM
savannah, GA
Joined Feb 2003
137 Posts
I believe somebody on one the threads did an audio speed assessment from a video and came up with 38mph for the Sabre. From my experience flying mine I would have to say that might be an accurate figure. Not sure about the stryker. Hope that helps with your question.
Old Jun 14, 2012, 03:37 PM
Just wanna fly!
United States, TX
Joined Apr 2008
1,012 Posts
Found this about the UM Stryker, seems like the Stryker is faster then.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...2#post19137162
Old Jun 14, 2012, 07:29 PM
Not enough hours in the day
Melbourne
Joined Feb 2009
2,420 Posts
Quote:
I weighed one of my Sabres (which I purchased for $140) in the box then measured the dimensions and checked the postage to South Australia. $52USD which would bring it right up to slightly less than 200 dollars.

That would be a game changer for me as well. I would not have purchased mine at that price.
You can order all the bits and pieces from, say Tower Hobbies. I bought them all and shipped they were for about $50 minus the motor, servos and ESC.
With the motor it would be about $75.

Those prices were with a nice $10 off discount voucher, so add that much again if you don't have access to one - though there always seem to be discount vouchers floating about.
Slaanesh is offline Find More Posts by Slaanesh
Old Jun 14, 2012, 07:54 PM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,182 Posts
I think that a 4" high pitch prop Vs a 30mm(1 1/4") fan unit driven by a 10mm inrunner ,15mm long....will inevitably be faster.....

Slaanesh, did you put it together?
NitroCharged is offline Find More Posts by NitroCharged