Joined Apr 2009
16,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29 View Post
The lipos were balanced

And the temps weren't the issue

What's this about antenna nitro?

I use any link via dx6i
The temp might of been a issue with the short flight times unless you kept the batteries warm before flight,, pointing the antenna at the plane can be a issue with it's cutting out.. As I don't think the AnyLink has the same output power as the DX6i does..
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Old Apr 28, 2012, 08:46 PM
United States, TN, Jackson
Joined Mar 2007
4,012 Posts
I've seen quite a few 2S small packs without a balance connector...It doesn't take long for these batts to become completely out of balance...I bought some Hyperion batts from a guy here on RCG and two out of the three were dead...No balance connector on the factory Hyperion batts...One cell of the two packs was good so I made one pack out of the two....But I added balance connectors...I've seen BRAND NEW batts a few tenths of a volt off for each cell...I ALWAYS balance new packs and cycle them a few times before using...Just an FYI...And I will NEVER buy packs without a balance connector again!!!

Kevin
Kevin Greene is offline Find More Posts by Kevin Greene
Old Apr 28, 2012, 08:46 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,568 Posts
How does pointing the antenna at the plane an issue?

Doesn't affect my other planes

Also; antenna off of any link?

Mine is usually just folded over towards right stick

I'm wondering it my motor is dying
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Apr 28, 2012, 09:05 PM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,522 Posts
Quote:
How does pointing the antenna at the plane an issue?

Doesn't affect my other planes

Also; antenna off of any link?

Mine is usually just folded over towards right stick

I'm wondering it my motor is dying
The weakest signal if off the tip of the antenna. How many of your other planes are you flying with the AnyLink?
Old Apr 28, 2012, 09:23 PM
savannah, GA
Joined Feb 2003
137 Posts
This is how I orient the AnyLink antenna on my DX6 i. This puts the antenna pretty much parallel to the ground while I am flying.
lousyflyer is offline Find More Posts by lousyflyer
Old Apr 28, 2012, 09:52 PM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lousyflyer View Post
This is how I orient the AnyLink antenna on my DX6 i. This puts the antenna pretty much parallel to the ground while I am flying.

That will work fine for cars ,trucks and boats,, I wouldn't fly a airplane with it like that..

I have AnyLink box mounted horizontally between the TX and it's handle and as I learned to fly on 27 and 72 I have the antenna pointed up.. I started off like yours is and switched it..
Old Apr 28, 2012, 10:42 PM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,196 Posts
I think I've been hanging around Bob too long....

Took out that stupid light pole I seem to be magnetised to with the Sabre this morning. I was practising low fly by's along the sidewalk next to the field getting ready for a limbo session and turned a little too late and swung into the pole. The pole took out one wing and the deck took out the other. The impact broke the control linkage of the aileron pushrod piece. I did glue the model back together on the field but finding the ailerons flapping in the breeze cancelled getting it back in the air for the morning.

I rigged the rod with a right angle piece of wire into the servo horn and wound some copper wire around the pair and CAed it all together to give it strength. Cut a little more clearance in the foam exit to allow it to move without catching anything.

NitroCharged is offline Find More Posts by NitroCharged
Old Apr 29, 2012, 12:54 AM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,568 Posts
these 2S nanotech's have balance connectors and have had 2 cycles through them, and today the after flight check showed low voltage on one cell

Also, when charging the other 2 I have, which have been sitting for a week, one lipo started the low voltage warning on my accurel 6 charger.

checked voltage and one cell was 4.5 and the other 1 and change.

like W T F?

They worked fine last time.

should've known hobbyking NT are junk!

all the 1S lipos have been garbage, the larger ones have been okay, and the other 2S 180's I have are nothing to brag about.

if hyperion makes a 300+ for this plane that fits; I'd like to have some of those.

perhaps some TP's are in order
Old Apr 29, 2012, 06:02 AM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,453 Posts
Quote:
these 2S nanotech's have balance connectors and have had 2 cycles through them, and today the after flight check showed low voltage on one cell

Also, when charging the other 2 I have, which have been sitting for a week, one lipo started the low voltage warning on my accurel 6 charger.

checked voltage and one cell was 4.5 and the other 1 and change.

like W T F?

They worked fine last time.

should've known hobbyking NT are junk!

all the 1S lipos have been garbage, the larger ones have been okay, and the other 2S 180's I have are nothing to brag about.

if hyperion makes a 300+ for this plane that fits; I'd like to have some of those.

perhaps some TP's are in order
Well, if one cell is charged to 4.5Volts, you should suspect the charger to be defective, not the battery!!!! (still HK brand, but more than likely the culprit in this case!)
RealGambler is offline Find More Posts by RealGambler
Old Apr 29, 2012, 09:52 AM
United States, MD, Potomac
Joined Oct 2010
320 Posts
Has anyone tried doing a complete airframe replacement on this bird? I feel like mine isn't going to last forever and it certainly doesn't look like a simple airframe replacement.
mkcp40 is offline Find More Posts by mkcp40
Old Apr 29, 2012, 10:09 AM
savannah, GA
Joined Feb 2003
137 Posts
Check back with me after today's flights!
lousyflyer is offline Find More Posts by lousyflyer
Old Apr 29, 2012, 10:44 AM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,568 Posts
My accucell has been charging my other lipos fine do I don't know what the hell is going o

I had to charge the one on nihm to bring one cell up enough in voltage.

Will try them again today and see what happens
Old Apr 29, 2012, 10:50 AM
Addicted to building...
Omaha Nebraska
Joined Feb 2006
5,992 Posts
NC nice repair, but OUCH! Darn those light poles anyway. Public enemy #1. Probably wouldn't be wise to saw it off at the base only because it might electricute you. Still we have to love how easy it is to repair a foamie!

What in the heck are you guys thinking down there doing the limbo with micro Sabre jets anyway! Doing that with a real one under the Golden Gate Bridge will get you 40 years.....

Fred
Freddie B is offline Find More Posts by Freddie B
Old Apr 29, 2012, 11:08 AM
United States, TN, Jackson
Joined Mar 2007
4,012 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealGambler View Post
Well, if one cell is charged to 4.5Volts, you should suspect the charger to be defective, not the battery!!!! (still HK brand, but more than likely the culprit in this case!)
OOOOHHH...4.5 volts---3 tenths over....Try another charger and cycle the pack with a discharge/charge cycle...I've managed to bring batts back doing this...If the charger says that one cell is too low to charge and faults out the charger then the low cell will need to be brought back up to snuff...I do this by isolating the low cell and use a NiCad charger set to about .3 amps and charge the cell SLOWLY...I monitor the pack CONSTANTLY for heat/voltage and do this OUTSIDE on concrete until the cell reaches about 3 volts, then balance charge the entire pack ...I have brought several cells back from the death if they have any juice in them at all and aren't puffed...Zero volts means zero luck rejuvenating a cell...I can't stress this enough---If you don't feel comfortable doing this or you don't have the patience to stand there the entire time to monitor the charging---THEN DON'T TRY THIS!!!....

Kevin
Kevin Greene is offline Find More Posts by Kevin Greene