HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 25, 2012, 05:26 AM
Memento Mori
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Sep 2009
2,983 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroCharged View Post
Not to derail the topic of Sabres, but it looks like I will be the only one removing the Mig's AS3X system and putting a normal rxer in it to see how it goes without the stabilisation. I got silence when I asked on the HH thread if any of the staff had done this to compare the performance with and without it... probably never crossed their minds to try it...
That's very interesting and looking forward to reading your take on it. Sorry I didn't mean to get off topic, just was curious if anyone thought about trying that system in this bird. Thanks for the info.
Diesel6401 is offline Find More Posts by Diesel6401
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 25, 2012, 07:57 AM
United States, NC, Oak Island
Joined Mar 2010
83 Posts
Got the HK orange Nano installed. It fits fine and does the job great, PNP! No need for attaching or using the tactic system. I definitely prefer to fly it w/o having to deal with the adapter.
Jbray is offline Find More Posts by Jbray
Old Apr 25, 2012, 10:08 AM
EDF all the way!
Gilbert, Az
Joined Jun 1999
7,952 Posts
Stock F-86 for sale

Having to much fun flying my parts built GP F-86 so I'm selling my factory built stock version. See here.
Included RTF F-86, stock 250 ma battery & 250 ma 2S Thunder Power also charger. Will also include a set of custom decals.
Asking $115.00 shipped if you use paypal
Thanks,
Bob
bruff is online now Find More Posts by bruff
Old Apr 26, 2012, 09:49 PM
**I'm Battman**
Twin Falls, Idaho
Joined Jan 2005
8,572 Posts
Just completed a couple of custom BB Hyp (2S) 240s for the Sabre.
Hopefully the mystery RCG owner will report back on how they perform.

rc
RCBABBEL is offline Find More Posts by RCBABBEL
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 28, 2012, 12:25 PM
savannah, GA
Joined Feb 2003
137 Posts
Fly my F86 this morning, and it survived! I did fly with vitually no wind, however.
Flown with a Spektrum DX6i and the anylink module.

Since I am a terrible tosser, I found some pavement next to a field with high grass and flew with the landing gear installed. About 20 feet for the roll and it rotated predictably and flew with almost no trim adjustments. Standard rate on the elevator and rudder and 50% low rate on ailerons (to keep me out of trouble).

Climbout was impressive and it gets tiny in the sky very quickly. Flies like a little bullet at full throttle.

Landed it in the grass once(full stop of course). Flew again and landed on the pavement with a rollout on the gear. Next landing I porpoised it through a couple of cycles and dropped it on the nose hard enough once to fold the nose gear back and crack the bottom of the plastic nose fairing. Bent the nose gear back out and it was ready for more action. But now the battery was low so I packed it up.

If you get one of these planes, and I recommend that you do, be sure to order an extra battery pack.
lousyflyer is offline Find More Posts by lousyflyer
Old Apr 28, 2012, 03:09 PM
United States, MD, Potomac
Joined Oct 2010
320 Posts
I've flown nothing but Parkzone warbirds (F4U, P-51, Spitfire MkIX) before this jet, and I have to say that I love it. Easy takeoffs, fun performance, and painless landings make this a great introduction to EDFs.

I wish someone would make a F-35 in the same size and weight class
mkcp40 is offline Find More Posts by mkcp40
Old Apr 28, 2012, 04:11 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,737 Posts
Has anyone been having issues with the motor cutting off in flight?

Like cuts off for a second than comes back on for no reason at WOT

Also my nanotech 300's are doing as well as I'd hoped

One of them today didn't even last 3 min of WOT and I checke d cell count and one was 3.5 and one 3.07

Not good

Only 2nd cycle
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Apr 28, 2012, 04:25 PM
United States, MD, Potomac
Joined Oct 2010
320 Posts
A quick video I threw together from footage of my second flight:
Great Planes F-86 Sabre Micro EDF (1 min 14 sec)
mkcp40 is offline Find More Posts by mkcp40
Old Apr 28, 2012, 04:30 PM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29 View Post

One of them today didn't even last 3 min of WOT and I checke d cell count and one was 3.5 and one 3.07

Not good

Only 2nd cycle
I take it you where flying inside?? Do darn cold and dark to want to go outside down here.. I have at time thought that mine was also cutting out for a second,, I was even thinking that this might also be effecting the elevator and cause in some of those pitch ups..
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Old Apr 28, 2012, 04:40 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,737 Posts
Oudoors and it wasn't Terribly cold

+ 5 C and winds 10-15kms
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Apr 28, 2012, 05:29 PM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,199 Posts
Receiver signal drop out is usually the culprit for the motor cutting out for a sec. Keep an eye on how you hold the Txer and don't point the antenna of the Txer at the model.

See how that goes.
NitroCharged is offline Find More Posts by NitroCharged
Old Apr 28, 2012, 05:59 PM
Joined Mar 2005
1,103 Posts
Quote:

Not good

Only 2nd cycle
I would say the out of balance battery could be the cause. Need to balance the batterys.

Tony
T-spin is offline Find More Posts by T-spin
Old Apr 28, 2012, 06:19 PM
Memento Mori
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Sep 2009
2,983 Posts
Quote:

Not good

Only 2nd cycle

I'm not sure how the smaller nano-techs are, but the larger ones are freaking terrible. I owned (2) 2s 6000mah 25/50c and (2) 3s 6000mah 25/50 packs and they freaking sucked big time. After 2 runs one of the 2s packs had a bad internal solder joint, and I had to re-built the whole pack. And the voltage sag under load is completly horrible. I was using a eagle-tree data logger with it and they honestly acted like 15c packs. I personally won't buy another nano-tech pack. The old reg blue Turnigy packs maybe I well if Gens Ace or Sky lipos don't have the right size I need or out of stock on them, but no more nanos for me!
Diesel6401 is offline Find More Posts by Diesel6401
Old Apr 28, 2012, 06:33 PM
Heli collector
Joined Apr 2009
16,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel6401 View Post
I'm not sure how the smaller nano-techs are, but the larger ones are freaking terrible. I owned (2) 2s 6000mah 25/50c and (2) 3s 6000mah 25/50 packs and they freaking sucked big time. After 2 runs one of the 2s packs had a bad internal solder joint, and I had to re-built the whole pack. And the voltage sag under load is completly horrible. I was using a eagle-tree data logger with it and they honestly acted like 15c packs. I personally won't buy another nano-tech pack. The old reg blue Turnigy packs maybe I well if Gens Ace or Sky lipos don't have the right size I need or out of stock on them, but no more nanos for me!
The problem that I have found over the years is not all LiPo's from the same company are the same.. So if I happen to get some good ones and tell people about them they might end up with bad ones by the time they get theirs.. I even have this with Hyperion's.. everyone says how good they are and I end up with bad ones.. I made two 240 packs up for the F-86 and both don't balance where the NanoTech 300's I made up are doing fine..
Old Apr 28, 2012, 06:34 PM
Heli collector
Joined Apr 2009
16,522 Posts
Quote:
Oudoors and it wasn't Terribly cold

+ 5 C and winds 10-15kms
Maybe not terribly cold to you but it is to LiPo's..