HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 02, 2012, 08:21 PM
No dear, That isn't New!
USA, IL, Urbana
Joined Nov 2006
820 Posts
Mod, I know what you mean! I'm not much on belly landing's either.I love doing touch and go's. The fact that it doesn’t drive like a car while on the ground isn't a deal breaker for me, cause it flys like a Royals Royce!

Jim
pattypilot is offline Find More Posts by pattypilot
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 03, 2012, 12:23 AM
United States, OH, Oxford
Joined Jun 2011
144 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese5 View Post
You should be able to use it as long as the antenna inside wasn't damaged. I dropped my DX5e, the antenna casing broke, but the antenna was still good, works fine, just have a loose antenna hanging out.
It was completely separated inside and out (ripped off the board). Horizon once again provided awesome service and fixed it (and aparently upgraded it to dsmx too) for free next time I have a calm, non-soggy day mine will be in the air :P
fwa2500 is offline Find More Posts by fwa2500
Old Mar 03, 2012, 07:01 AM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,194 Posts
Sabre onboard cam!

Here's my first video of the 30mm EDF Micro F-86 Sabre. I strapped a stripped down keychain cam on top of the lipo. Second video is uploading now - rear view.
Great Planes 30mm EDF Micro F-86 Sabre from Hobbico! (3 min 55 sec)
NitroCharged is offline Find More Posts by NitroCharged
Old Mar 03, 2012, 11:01 AM
Doing it in the Lateral Axis
USA, OH, Akron
Joined Dec 2006
15,360 Posts
Very good video. Thanks for posting!
modfly is offline Find More Posts by modfly
Old Mar 03, 2012, 03:18 PM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,194 Posts
Thanks.

Here's the second video - rear cam.
Great Planes 30mm EDF Micro F-86 Sabre from Hobbico onboard cam - Pt 2. (2 min 53 sec)

Old Mar 03, 2012, 09:54 PM
No dear, That isn't New!
USA, IL, Urbana
Joined Nov 2006
820 Posts
Very nice Nitro! very nice!!
pattypilot is offline Find More Posts by pattypilot
Old Mar 06, 2012, 10:26 PM
United States, ID, Idaho Falls
Joined Dec 2009
59 Posts
waiting

ordered mine today. I will fly it with the 6i. I'm a heli guy and haven't flown fixed wing in 20 yrs, this looks like fun.
Burma is offline Find More Posts by Burma
Old Mar 07, 2012, 01:23 AM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,194 Posts
Here's a little of what you can expect.
Great Planes 30mm EDF Micro F-86 Sabre from Hobbico (4 min 22 sec)

Old Mar 11, 2012, 09:43 AM
United States, OH, Oxford
Joined Jun 2011
144 Posts
here is my maiden from yesterday...was also my first time using the keychain cam on a hat and for some reason had all kinds of issues. wind was 100 (straight out of the sun at that time) at 6kts, you can also see me stall it badly but recover it with no issues only to promptly lose it in the sun and nearly stuff it into the ground....then my fingers were cold and i called it quits.

Great Planes micro F-86 maiden flight (4 min 37 sec)
fwa2500 is offline Find More Posts by fwa2500
Old Apr 26, 2012, 10:26 PM
RC pilots do it in the air
Joined Dec 2011
114 Posts
Hello everyone

Just picked up one of these and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to bind, or if I am even powering the board. When I plug in the charged battery (into the plane), there is no sound and no LED, and certainly no reaction from the TX (which I closely followed and repeated the instructions, to hook up their piggyback TX module).

I am using a practically new DX6i. When I plug into the charger port, and then into the training port, the DX6i initially looks like it's turning on, but then the screen turns off (yes with the 6i power switch left turned off). I can't get any signal to the plane.

Also, the TX instructions refer to a "binding hole" on the RX, but I can't see anything like that anywhere on the tiny board in the plane.

What am I missing here? Thanks in advance!
marke14 is offline Find More Posts by marke14
Old Apr 28, 2012, 06:32 PM
Ft Lauderdale, FL.
Joined Jan 2007
2,241 Posts
well the Directions do say to plug the Anylink into the training port first! then the power or charge jack)..
It also states that you can damage your Anylink and your Dx6i if you do it backwards...
Ok, so I would make sure my Dx6i is working, when you plug the Anylink training plug in the Dx should turn on and stay on...otherwise you do not transmit signal... Make sure you push the trainer plug all the way in.
If your Dx stays on then plug in the Anylink Charge jack plug, (this powers the Anylink)
Do not worry about the pushbutton binding deal (that is a feature of full sized reciever's) not the Micro rec. in your F-86..
You should be able to bind at this point (don't forget to choose a model memory in your dx for the F-86)..
One more thing, you will probably have to do the second binding setup to get the controls right..
Which means, read the directions man... hope this helps...
Petey...
Machy2k is offline Find More Posts by Machy2k
Old Apr 29, 2012, 12:55 AM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,480 Posts
I have dx6i, and used this video for mapping

works great

see link

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=707
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Apr 29, 2012, 07:55 PM
RC pilots do it in the air
Joined Dec 2011
114 Posts
Thanks for the reply Petey. I actually returned it, I believe mine had been purchased and returned previously. The battery shorted and smoked the second time I plugged it into the (stock) charger, and I found a hairline fracture in the top of one wing, running the length of the wing front to back.

Unfortunately, it was the last one that the LHS had. I even went to the RCX expo locally this weekend (in Long Beach, CA) and was not able to find one there either.

This little EDF is still high on my list of "next planes" - I will get another some day!

Thanks for the reply, I will re-read the directions again when I get another one. I believe I actually did try it with the plug first, I did whichever the instructions said to do first.

EDIT: Razors edge 29 - thanks for the video, that is helpful and I will re-watch it when I get another F-86 in the future!

By the way, IS there an LED on the receiver inside the F-86? No one has answered that question yet.
marke14 is offline Find More Posts by marke14
Old Apr 29, 2012, 08:08 PM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by marke14 View Post
Thanks for the reply Petey. I actually returned it, I believe mine had been purchased and returned previously. The battery shorted and smoked the second time I plugged it into the (stock) charger, and I found a hairline fracture in the top of one wing, running the length of the wing front to back.

Unfortunately, it was the last one that the LHS had. I even went to the RCX expo locally this weekend (in Long Beach, CA) and was not able to find one there either.

This little EDF is still high on my list of "next planes" - I will get another some day!

Thanks for the reply, I will re-read the directions again when I get another one. I believe I actually did try it with the plug first, I did whichever the instructions said to do first.

EDIT: Razors edge 29 - thanks for the video, that is helpful and I will re-watch it when I get another F-86 in the future!

By the way, IS there an LED on the receiver inside the F-86? No one has answered that question yet.
Both mine have a RED one..
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Old Apr 29, 2012, 09:02 PM
Ft Lauderdale, FL.
Joined Jan 2007
2,241 Posts
[QUOTE=marke14;21472371]Thanks for the reply Petey. I actually returned it, I believe mine had been purchased and returned previously. The battery shorted and smoked the second time I plugged it into the (stock) charger, and I found a hairline fracture in the top of one wing, running the length of the wing front to back.

No problem, and it looks like you found the real problem, it seems as if there is not enough of these new Micro planes to go around...lol
Machy2k is offline Find More Posts by Machy2k