HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 27, 2012, 04:21 PM
Crazy Canuck
United States, VA, Woodbridge
Joined Apr 2007
2,268 Posts
Not reall to scale the nose intake is BIG. But it still looks ok.It's NOT the FIRST micro BL Ducted fan jet at all. There's people who made real good scale EDF's with 15" ws and even smaller JUST NOT COMMERCIALIZED.
NEWBEFLYER is offline Find More Posts by NEWBEFLYER
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 27, 2012, 04:58 PM
Doing it in the Lateral Axis
USA, OH, Akron
Joined Dec 2006
15,360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWBEFLYER View Post
2.5 oz plane +6oz wing load = one fast plane for indoors??? Don't think it would be good to fly inside a even big gym. Why would you get a 15" plane and fly outside with it when getting a reasonable size one to fly outside? Small is ok but small fast don't understand. High wing load isn't what you would like to have for an indoor plane. Nice but somewhat not practical. Get a good size plane that flies well outside and get a nice small low wing load plane for inside. It's great to see a 2s bl motor little jet and good on details ...but about 10 feet away what do you see? not much at all. What fun is that??
10'? Get some glasses man! I fly my UM planes several hunderd feet away and can see them just fine and I'm an old dude. This is a EDF UM plane and there are some of us that can handle this wing loading with no problem. I guess its not for everyone. I don't fly much indoors except for my pole building and I only have a few planes that will fly in there. On a calm day, you can fly just about anything outside. In this video, I fly a 5 gram plane in the front yard and even though its quite small, I can see it quite easily 50' away.

Carbon Butterfly yard flight (2 min 16 sec)
modfly is offline Find More Posts by modfly
Old Jan 27, 2012, 05:04 PM
USA, OH, Akron
Joined Dec 2006
15,360 Posts
Rtf um edf

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWBEFLYER View Post
Not reall to scale the nose intake is BIG. But it still looks ok.It's NOT the FIRST micro BL Ducted fan jet at all. There's people who made real good scale EDF's with 15" ws and even smaller JUST NOT COMMERCIALIZED.
Yea, thats right. And I said as much in my post. When I posted that it was true but shortly after PZ announced a 28mm EDF mig. Both of these offerings will be retail mass produced RTF planes and they are the first of their kind in this class. RTF UM EDF

Custom one offs that can't be manufactured or mass produced don't count as you can't buy them off the shelf!

This is the Micro RTF forum after all. Custom built EDF and other one offs are located in forums else where. When this forum was created, the term UM or Ultra Micro did not exist! We helped create it in this forum
Last edited by modfly; Jan 27, 2012 at 05:25 PM.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 05:52 PM
No dear, That isn't New!
United States, IL, Urbana
Joined Nov 2006
820 Posts
Mod, I'll tip one back to that!!!!

Jim
pattypilot is offline Find More Posts by pattypilot
Old Feb 26, 2012, 07:35 PM
No dear, That isn't New!
Joined Nov 2006
820 Posts
Well I finally got one of these little gems in the air, after what felt like forever, waiting for better or lighter winds. Today Sean and I finally got to maiden our F86’s ! Wow, this little jewel fly’s very well. Making a maiden trim flight indoors isn't what I call fun but all my fears where for not. This one is keeper! Just can’t wait for the forty MPH winds to stop. I’m going to have a ball outdoors with this one. She fly's well indoors if you have some room. Other wise I recommend you fly her outside! Unless you’re an accomplished pilot, then you shouldn’t have any issues.

Jim
Old Feb 26, 2012, 08:49 PM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,489 Posts
There's basically no video out yet, making us wonder if the Sabre truly exist "in the wild", and you're telling us that you and a friend have one. Please, please, please, get somebody else in your team with a camera. Getting a video of one of those elusive Sabres would be awesome. Getting a video of a pair of Sabres flying together would be out of this world! Would not mind seeing a video indoor too if you ever do it again!

Thanks ahead of time!
RealGambler is offline Find More Posts by RealGambler
Old Feb 26, 2012, 08:59 PM
No dear, That isn't New!
Joined Nov 2006
820 Posts
I'll see what we can do to change that! We lucked out in getting our's. from what I've been told only only so many came in on the first shipment, but more are due soon! Sorry we didn't get a video today, but as fast as they are the video could make you loose your cookies! it was almost flying in a circle!

Jim
Old Feb 26, 2012, 09:08 PM
Ft Lauderdale, FL.
Joined Jan 2007
2,254 Posts
I just saw one of these yesterday at the Hobby Shop, and I have been holding out for the Fokker Triplane, (picked up today w/anylink) also wanted the GeeBee 1st, but man does this thing look hot!!!.
It was all I could do to get out of there, and my friend kept saying, you should get it man, oh man, just get it, you have the money!!! the free Anylink was not helping either, and I am not married, no kids, my life is tough....Sheeez!!!
Petey
Ps: The only thing I do not like is the landing gear, they should have taken it all the way....
Machy2k is online now Find More Posts by Machy2k
Old Feb 26, 2012, 09:25 PM
No dear, That isn't New!
Joined Nov 2006
820 Posts
So don't put the gear on, and fly over grass! I'll bet she's blazing fast cleaned up with no gear! I have the Fokker also, great flying little bird. Going to make a four channel out of one, working on it now! A couple friends have already done this and have been flying them. And like every thing else! I want one!!
Old Feb 26, 2012, 10:29 PM
Ft Lauderdale, FL.
Joined Jan 2007
2,254 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattypilot View Post
So don't put the gear on, and fly over grass! I'll bet she's blazing fast cleaned up with no gear! I have the Fokker also, great flying little bird. Going to make a four channel out of one, working on it now! A couple friends have already done this and have been flying them. And like every thing else! I want one!!
will do, lol
Machy2k is online now Find More Posts by Machy2k
Old Feb 27, 2012, 01:43 AM
United States, OH, Oxford
Joined Jun 2011
144 Posts
I can't wait until I finally get mine in the air. what was going to be its first flight ended before it began when I dropped my dx6I resulting in a separated antenna...
fwa2500 is offline Find More Posts by fwa2500
Old Feb 27, 2012, 06:53 AM
No dear, That isn't New!
Joined Nov 2006
820 Posts
Ouch! been there, done that! You will love this little bird. The ailerons are very effective! So be ready.
Jim
Old Feb 27, 2012, 07:20 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jul 2010
4,385 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fwa2500 View Post
I can't wait until I finally get mine in the air. what was going to be its first flight ended before it began when I dropped my dx6I resulting in a separated antenna...
You should be able to use it as long as the antenna inside wasn't damaged. I dropped my DX5e, the antenna casing broke, but the antenna was still good, works fine, just have a loose antenna hanging out.
Cheese5 is offline Find More Posts by Cheese5
Old Mar 02, 2012, 06:53 PM
USA, OH, Akron
Joined Dec 2006
15,360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machy2k View Post
I just saw one of these yesterday at the Hobby Shop, and I have been holding out for the Fokker Triplane, (picked up today w/anylink) also wanted the GeeBee 1st, but man does this thing look hot!!!.
It was all I could do to get out of there, and my friend kept saying, you should get it man, oh man, just get it, you have the money!!! the free Anylink was not helping either, and I am not married, no kids, my life is tough....Sheeez!!!
Petey
Ps: The only thing I do not like is the landing gear, they should have taken it all the way....
I agree. They should have made the nose gear steerable! I have an idea in mind how to correct that but next time GP, Add steerable landing gear!
Old Mar 02, 2012, 06:54 PM
USA, OH, Akron
Joined Dec 2006
15,360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattypilot View Post
Nay! No belly landing here!

I know what your thinking..the WM Zero in my Avatar has retracts.....