HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 15, 2012, 01:56 PM
Inciting Riots
Joined Dec 2006
9,688 Posts
Check Todd's, they have a note about the free TX module promotion that is also on the tx-r site. Not sure what the deal is since I couldn't find a rebate form but I do have an email in to Hobbico about how you redeem the promo.
village_idiot is offline Find More Posts by village_idiot
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 15, 2012, 03:34 PM
KK6MQJ
Joined Sep 2004
13,781 Posts
Glad to see they included landing gear on this one.
Bajora is offline Find More Posts by Bajora
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 15, 2012, 03:48 PM
Inciting Riots
Joined Dec 2006
9,688 Posts
Retracts would have been over the top!
Old Jan 15, 2012, 04:13 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,304 Posts
Does this use UM rotary servos or linear?
Razors edge 29 is offline Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Jan 15, 2012, 04:33 PM
Inciting Riots
Joined Dec 2006
9,688 Posts
Pictures show conventional rotary servos, they specify a 2 gram servo in the description.
Old Jan 15, 2012, 07:08 PM
Canada, ON, Whitby
Joined Aug 2008
8,934 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flypaper 2 View Post
Don't know the big putdown with the HK Sabre if you've neve flown one. Same size. Throw their micro rcvr and a batt in and chuck it. Excellent little flier.
The HK 35mm F86 is a fair amount heavier (~105-110g vs 67g), and will never be able to be flown inside without serious modifications and a very big indoor venue. This one can apparently be flown in a double basketball court easily. Having a rudder is a nice plus too.

I have a feeling I'll be selling my HK one to pick up this one, definitely more flyable where I like to fly.
wparsons is offline Find More Posts by wparsons
Old Jan 15, 2012, 07:33 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,304 Posts
This looks pretty damn good, cept, the bell crank isn't that attractive, BUT likely works well
Razors edge 29 is offline Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Jan 15, 2012, 08:34 PM
No dear, That isn't New!
United States, IL, Urbana
Joined Nov 2006
820 Posts
I placed my order tonight! Iím looking forward to this little bird!! Ya itís an F 86? SO! I like the 86. It has the early Jet age nostalgia. Which is a huge neat factor! well at least for me anyway.The fact that itís the first micro Ducted that isnít a PIG!! Has me ready to try on some Jet Jock wings.

Jim
pattypilot is offline Find More Posts by pattypilot
Old Jan 15, 2012, 09:31 PM
Indianapolis, IN
Joined Oct 2010
1,864 Posts
Hmmmm...man this is tough. It is either this or the AS3X Gee Bee. Right when I think I have it all worked out!
IndyMatt is offline Find More Posts by IndyMatt
Old Jan 15, 2012, 09:50 PM
No dear, That isn't New!
Joined Nov 2006
820 Posts
Hell of a dilemma Hugh? I sold some stuff last weekend, Iím getting both!
just don't tell my Wife. She doesn't get it!!!

Jim
Old Jan 15, 2012, 11:47 PM
Doing it in the Lateral Axis
USA, OH, Akron
Joined Dec 2006
15,360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattypilot View Post
I placed my order tonight! Iím looking forward to this little bird!! Ya itís an F 86? SO! I like the 86. It has the early Jet age nostalgia. Which is a huge neat factor! well at least for me anyway.The fact that itís the first micro Ducted that isnít a PIG!! Has me ready to try on some Jet Jock wings.

Jim
Yea I like the F86 as well. I'm about to pull the trigger to but have to wait a little while longer as I just had to pay out a bunch of money for a car repair.
modfly is offline Find More Posts by modfly
Old Jan 16, 2012, 09:39 AM
Hobbico Employee
Champaign, IL
Joined Sep 2006
75 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by village_idiot View Post
Check Todd's, they have a note about the free TX module promotion that is also on the tx-r site. Not sure what the deal is since I couldn't find a rebate form but I do have an email in to Hobbico about how you redeem the promo.
The promo is very simple.

1. Go to the hobbyshop or online retailer
2. Buy ANY Tx-R airplane
3. Ask for your FREE AnyLink at the counter (online retailers will handle this differently from company to company. Tower will be automatically sending an AnyLink with your purchase without any special action required by you)
4. Go fly

No forms, No reciepts, no stamps.

This promotion runs until April 30th, 2012
dieter88 is offline Find More Posts by dieter88
Old Jan 16, 2012, 01:48 PM
Inciting Riots
Joined Dec 2006
9,688 Posts
Now that is a good way to handle the promo! No hoops to jump through, just get the product. I may have to buy one just to support this effort, then figure out how I'm going to mod my Microstar2000 to provide the connection.

How do we specify the type of connection we will need? For the Microstar I was just going to use the "servo" connector since it is small. But I want to try this on my surface radio which is a Futaba 3PKSuper which has a DSC connector on the front, and keeping Futaba and JR adapters handy is always good if I want to loan the plane out to other users. I'm sure I can make most cables myself since everything eventually terminates up to the servo connector at the module.
Old Jan 16, 2012, 06:55 PM
No dear, That isn't New!
Joined Nov 2006
820 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieter88 View Post
The promo is very simple.

1. Go to the hobbyshop or online retailer
2. Buy ANY Tx-R airplane
3. Ask for your FREE AnyLink at the counter (online retailers will handle this differently from company to company. Tower will be automatically sending an AnyLink with your purchase without any special action required by you)
4. Go fly

No forms, No reciepts, no stamps.

This promotion runs until April 30th, 2012
Perfect! "KISS" My kind of deal. Come on UPS!!!! Oh, and Please don't CRUSH this one!! ďFRAGILEĒ isnít Italian! It means donít use ďMeĒ for your booster seat!!!
Old Jan 16, 2012, 06:56 PM
Gravity is a harsh mistress.
United States, MI, Temperance
Joined Sep 2002
6,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattypilot View Post
Perfect! "KISS" My kind of deal. Come on UPS!!!! Oh, and Please don't CRUSH this one!! “FRAGILE” isn’t Italian! It means don’t use “Me” for your booster seat!!!
I thought "FRAGILE" was broken in French
Tim Wolff is offline Find More Posts by Tim Wolff
RCG Plus Member