HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 08, 2012, 09:53 AM
Just some guy
Joined Aug 2006
662 Posts
Hi, the Flyzone brick is four channels. The second (one on the right when facing the sockets) socket is for a brushless ESC. It takes a standard micro Futaba style plug so there is no trying to jam little wires into holes or trying to obtain unobtainable connectors.

DJ
D Johnson is offline Find More Posts by D Johnson
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 08, 2012, 10:17 AM
Bruno, GOOD DOG
United States, IA, Grinnell
Joined Aug 2007
4,027 Posts
I have read most of this thread and , as I usually do when reading a thread I got confused.........
Here is what I am trying to find out, If I buy a new DR1 with AnyLink, and use it with my DX7, will I be able to use the AnyLink with the Albatross I bought in Sept of 2010?
Thanks
Ron
A Rdnek is offline Find More Posts by A Rdnek
Old Feb 08, 2012, 11:08 AM
Hobbico Employee
Champaign, IL
Joined Sep 2006
75 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Rdnek View Post
I have read most of this thread and , as I usually do when reading a thread I got confused.........
Here is what I am trying to find out, If I buy a new DR1 with AnyLink, and use it with my DX7, will I be able to use the AnyLink with the Albatross I bought in Sept of 2010?
Thanks
Ron
Short answer - No.

Explanation - Unless your airplane was sold with a Tactic 2.4GHz radio it will not link with AnyLink. All newer RTF Flyzone micros including new versions of the Albatros, were sold with a Tactic transmitter.

How do you know what you have - if the transmitter sold with your airplane says "Flyzone" on the front it is not compatible. If it says Tactic it is.
dieter88 is offline Find More Posts by dieter88
Old Feb 08, 2012, 11:33 AM
Bruno, GOOD DOG
Joined Aug 2007
4,027 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieter88 View Post
Short answer - No.

Explanation - Unless your airplane was sold with a Tactic 2.4GHz radio it will not link with AnyLink. All newer RTF Flyzone micros including new versions of the Albatros, were sold with a Tactic transmitter.

How do you know what you have - if the transmitter sold with your airplane says "Flyzone" on the front it is not compatible. If it says Tactic it is.

DANG-IT , mine says Flyzone.......
Thanks for nothing Oh well, my day just started, things will get better from here.
Thanks
Ron
Last edited by A Rdnek; Feb 08, 2012 at 05:42 PM.
Old Feb 08, 2012, 02:27 PM
Inciting Riots
Joined Dec 2006
9,688 Posts
You could replace the brick with the newer style.
village_idiot is offline Find More Posts by village_idiot
Old Feb 09, 2012, 09:22 PM
United States, NJ, Ocean Township
Joined Jul 2010
17 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrictony View Post
Just ordered the albatros TX-R with the free Anylink. I plan to use it to breath new life into my old Tower Hobbies 6-XM 72MHz transmitter. I haven't used it since switching to GHz using Spektrum transmitters. How does the Flyzone brick compare with the AR6400?

Thanks,
Tony
My Albatros & anylink arrived yesterday from Tower Hobbies.
The anylink installed with no problems on my Tower Hobbies 6-XM.
I turned on the Transmitter, then powered up the plane & everything bound automatically. Channel mapping was correct & all I had to do was reverse the elevator channel.
I was concerned with the fact I have a Li-Po transmitter battery pack but the anylink seems to handle the extra voltage just fine. I removed the 72 MHz crystal & antenna from the transmitter since I'll never use it on that freq. again.
I like the way this set up works with my old FM transmitter. I just turn the transmitter on as usual and I'm able to use model programing, dual rates etc.
If the bricks are available as parts & cheap enough this will be fun for scratch building, specially if they are cheaper than the AR6400.

On the flip side, I don't see the advantage of using an anylink on Spekturm transmitters. The Spektrum stuff I own is in my opinion superior to the tactic stuff so I must be missing something. Plus I would really hate messing up my DX7 or DX8 'cause I flipped the wrong switch at the wrong time, something totally within my abilities.

Does anyone have a good source for the Tactic brick?

Thanks,
Tony
Electrictony is offline Find More Posts by Electrictony
Old Feb 09, 2012, 09:30 PM
Joined Jul 2010
17 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by D Johnson View Post
Hi, the Flyzone brick is four channels. The second (one on the right when facing the sockets) socket is for a brushless ESC. It takes a standard micro Futaba style plug so there is no trying to jam little wires into holes or trying to obtain unobtainable connectors.

DJ
This is interesting. Could you expand on the brushless ESC feature? Do you just simply not use the built in brushed ESC & use the Brushless port or are there some programing / settings involved as in the AR6400?
Just thinking my Albatros would rock with a 5 gram outrunner.

Thanks,
Tony
Old Feb 09, 2012, 11:25 PM
Just some guy
Joined Aug 2006
662 Posts
No programing required.

DJ
D Johnson is offline Find More Posts by D Johnson
Old Feb 10, 2012, 12:43 AM
Bruno, GOOD DOG
Joined Aug 2007
4,027 Posts
Quote:
My Albatros & anylink arrived yesterday from Tower Hobbies.
The anylink installed with no problems on my Tower Hobbies 6-XM.
I turned on the Transmitter, then powered up the plane & everything bound automatically. Channel mapping was correct & all I had to do was reverse the elevator channel.
I was concerned with the fact I have a Li-Po transmitter battery pack but the anylink seems to handle the extra voltage just fine. I removed the 72 MHz crystal & antenna from the transmitter since I'll never use it on that freq. again.
I like the way this set up works with my old FM transmitter. I just turn the transmitter on as usual and I'm able to use model programing, dual rates etc.
If the bricks are available as parts & cheap enough this will be fun for scratch building, specially if they are cheaper than the AR6400.

On the flip side, I don't see the advantage of using an anylink on Spekturm transmitters. The Spektrum stuff I own is in my opinion superior to the tactic stuff so I must be missing something. Plus I would really hate messing up my DX7 or DX8 'cause I flipped the wrong switch at the wrong time, something totally within my abilities.

Does anyone have a good source for the Tactic brick?

Thanks,
Tony
How about , if you don't own anything except Spektrum transmitters?
Ron
Old Feb 10, 2012, 01:07 PM
Joined Jul 2010
17 Posts
Back in the day we used to say "Run what you brung"
If all you have is Spektrum transmitters & you feel comfortable with the anylink & have a reason to use it, by all means, go for it. It seems to work well enough. Personally, I would just go ahead & switch the receivers over to Spektrum & benefit from the full potential & range of the Spekturm transmitter.
I can see the advantage of only having to carry 1 transmitter with you.
That's one of the things I love about this hobby, you can modify & customize just about anything & have a blast.

Good to know I can pop an outrunner in my Albatros without having to reprogram anything.

Thanks,
Tony
Old Feb 10, 2012, 01:49 PM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Nov 2003
1,486 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by D Johnson View Post
No programing required.

DJ
Will the brick be compatible with most BEC voltages? The Horizon bricks require a voltage drop for their 1S bricks to work with normal ESCs.
Eclipse_7 is offline Find More Posts by Eclipse_7
Old Feb 10, 2012, 02:04 PM
Inciting Riots
Joined Dec 2006
9,688 Posts
Quote:
If all you have is Spektrum transmitters & you feel comfortable with the anylink & have a reason to use it, by all means, go for it. It seems to work well enough. Personally, I would just go ahead & switch the receivers over to Spektrum & benefit from the full potential & range of the Spekturm transmitter.

Thanks,
Tony

The big deal is that with planes like the Albatros, you can't just pop a Spketrum receiver in there without fixing the linkages and it may not fit at all.
village_idiot is offline Find More Posts by village_idiot
Old Feb 10, 2012, 03:11 PM
USA - NC
Joined Jan 2008
10 Posts
Does anyone know if this will work with a JR 11X? I don't see it listed on the web site.
Arcus 4 is offline Find More Posts by Arcus 4
Old Feb 10, 2012, 03:18 PM
Bruno, GOOD DOG
Joined Aug 2007
4,027 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by village_idiot View Post
The big deal is that with planes like the Albatros, you can't just pop a Spketrum receiver in there without fixing the linkages and it may not fit at all.

I think that's what I will do. I remember from "way back" guys where putting Vapor bricks in there Albatros' with out too much trouble. I didn't bother with it then because we lost our indoor flying site, but now it looks like we will get it back.
Ron
Old Feb 10, 2012, 10:32 PM
Canada, ON, Cochrane District
Joined Oct 2011
743 Posts
Anyone have a gearbox issue? I tried to maiden mine today, it flew for about 2mins, then some horrid noise, and no thrust, gear teeth are all good, prop doesm't spin as fast as it originally did , motor sounds the same, but thryst... Not so much.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=44.056165,-79.476117
cr8tive_leo is offline Find More Posts by cr8tive_leo