HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 05, 2012, 11:08 PM
Inciting Riots
Joined Dec 2006
9,687 Posts
A quick search says that JR/Spektrum seems to use center negative so you would want to check the center pin of the power plug and see if it connects to the servo plug. If not that is the fix you need to apply. What I don't know is which part of the 1/8 inch plug is PPM and which is ground, wont know for sure until someone checks the Futaba adapter or I get my module. Pinouts for the Futaba connector are around but I seem to recall that pin 3 is PPM out, pin 2 ground, pin 4 and 5 power (I think Anylink only uses pin 5). Picture of square plug connections are here but note this is referenced from the back (solder side) of the cable connector so you'd need to flip it over for the other side:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=723846
village_idiot is offline Find More Posts by village_idiot
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 06, 2012, 02:09 AM
United States, IL, Manteno
Joined Dec 2006
687 Posts
Only the outer sleeve of the power connector showed continuity with any pin on the 'servo plug'. No continuity was shown between the center and the servo plug.

Don
Digital Don is offline Find More Posts by Digital Don
Old Feb 06, 2012, 09:10 AM
Inciting Riots
Joined Dec 2006
9,687 Posts
I would say then that the center pin needs to connect to ground on the servo connector and the battery needs to be wired properly to make it all work.
Old Feb 06, 2012, 05:30 PM
Joined Mar 2006
179 Posts
a month ago i ordered the buy the plane and get the anylink for free it has been a month and still no plane and anylink
has any of the package deals been shipped to the hobby shops? if so what states or countries
tom
chem teacher2 is offline Find More Posts by chem teacher2
Old Feb 06, 2012, 06:57 PM
United States, IL, Manteno
Joined Dec 2006
687 Posts
"I would say then that the center pin needs to connect to ground on the servo connector and the battery needs to be wired properly to make it all work."

It's got more than two wires so I'm already in over my head!

I stopped by the LHS last week and asked them to order a TACM0005 - that way I can be (relatively) sure the smoke will stay inside...

Don
Digital Don is offline Find More Posts by Digital Don
Last edited by Digital Don; Feb 06, 2012 at 11:03 PM.
Old Feb 06, 2012, 07:08 PM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Nov 2003
1,486 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chem teacher2 View Post
a month ago i ordered the buy the plane and get the anylink for free it has been a month and still no plane and anylink
has any of the package deals been shipped to the hobby shops? if so what states or countries
tom
I ordered mine on the 27th, and have not seen it yet.
Eclipse_7 is offline Find More Posts by Eclipse_7
Old Feb 06, 2012, 10:09 PM
"Unnecessary Necessity"
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Sep 2006
5,759 Posts
Futaba square plug?

Quote:
Originally Posted by village_idiot View Post
To expand on this... Supposed the user was just flying a high power electric plane and they forgot to turn the plane off, they plug in the Anylink and get ready to fly a smaller plane... Set the throttle minimum and maximum like the videos show and suddenly someone gets hurt by the large heavy prop suddenly spinning up. Yes it is careless, but it could be avoided if the RF section was turned off. I really feel this is a must have modification, so that each user can solder a jumper between B+ and encoder power so that the RF section is inactive when using Anylink. It also helps reduce the RF clutter in the area.

I'm not trying to poke holes in the product or be super critical, just trying to point out that there are better ways to get the job done.
"hopefully you used the snap together plugs"
I have a few of these (Futaba square) which I would like to modify for a jumper between pin #4&#5. Two are from a recycled Futaba trainer cable, and the other a FMS adapter for Futaba square. The Futaba/square trainer plug has only 4 wires connected(V+,ppm in,ppm out and ground). How do you open that plug without damage?
coriolan is offline Find More Posts by coriolan
Old Feb 06, 2012, 11:05 PM
Inciting Riots
Joined Dec 2006
9,687 Posts
If it is a molded plastic, you don't. If it looks like it snaps together then there are two little snaps that you can carefully pry open. You can see the latches near the cable in this picture.
Old Feb 07, 2012, 10:29 AM
"Unnecessary Necessity"
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Sep 2006
5,759 Posts
Thank V_I, I'll try that. Pity that Futaba had to chose a non standard connector
coriolan is offline Find More Posts by coriolan
Old Feb 07, 2012, 03:14 PM
Joined Nov 2003
1,486 Posts
Finally got my Albatross today. My LHS actually had it for a few days but decided not to call me because the hitec adapter I ordered did not arrive with the plane. I only got it today because one of the employees called me by mistake.

Some one asked for some photos of the new brick, I'm not sure how the fuse comes apart, it does not seem to be tape/decals holding it together like the parkzone stuff.

From what I can see of the brick, its pretty close in size to the vapor brick. it has the 2 integrated servos with four unused 3 pin slots, you can see 2 of the slots in the photo.
Old Feb 07, 2012, 03:23 PM
Hobbico Employee
Champaign, IL
Joined Sep 2006
75 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse_7 View Post
Finally got my Albatross today. My LHS actually had it for a few days but decided not to call me because the hitec adapter I ordered did not arrive with the plane. I only got it today because one of the employees called me by mistake.

Some one asked for some photos of the new brick, I'm not sure how the fuse comes apart, it does not seem to be tape/decals holding it together like the parkzone stuff.

From what I can see of the brick, its pretty close in size to the vapor brick. it has the 2 integrated servos with four unused 3 pin slots, you can see 2 of the slots in the photo.

The board has 2 open 3-pin slots. Since the ESC in integrated into this board that was all they needed for 4 servos (2 integrated and 2 add-ons.) You could use one of the slots and mix the throttle to it if you want to run a separate brushless esc.
dieter88 is offline Find More Posts by dieter88
Old Feb 07, 2012, 03:36 PM
Joined Nov 2003
1,486 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieter88 View Post
The board has 2 open 3-pin slots. Since the ESC in integrated into this board that was all they needed for 4 servos (2 integrated and 2 add-ons.) You could use one of the slots and mix the throttle to it if you want to run a separate brushless esc.
You are right I'm seeing things
Old Feb 07, 2012, 07:20 PM
Inciting Riots
Joined Dec 2006
9,687 Posts
It's a lot smaller in length and width but a lot higher, nice to find out that it is a 5 channel device.
Old Feb 08, 2012, 07:47 AM
Hobbico Employee
Champaign, IL
Joined Sep 2006
75 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by village_idiot View Post
It's a lot smaller in length and width but a lot higher, nice to find out that it is a 5 channel device.
Not sure how many channels actually... the two ports may be of the same channel but let me check.
dieter88 is offline Find More Posts by dieter88
Old Feb 08, 2012, 08:33 AM
Inciting Riots
Joined Dec 2006
9,687 Posts
Thanks. Any idea when these might start to be in stock? Also when the receiver and servo for the F-86 might be in stock? I know some people are looking forward to the parts more than the planes.