HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 01, 2012, 04:46 PM
Oxford, Michigan, United States
Joined Aug 1999
2,426 Posts
Before my radios had text names on the memories, I used to have a sticker on the back with the table of model memory number and plane.
Petefoss is online now Find More Posts by Petefoss
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 03, 2012, 09:40 AM
Hobbico Employee
Champaign, IL
Joined Sep 2006
75 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mybad View Post
But, my Anylink isn't making ANY beeping noises whatsoever.
If AnyLink does not beep (once or twice) when hooked up correctly and powered, it is NOT transmitting. For some reason, this is whats happening to you.
dieter88 is offline Find More Posts by dieter88
Old Dec 03, 2012, 08:17 PM
Sure, I can fly after sunset!?
United States, MI, Novi
Joined Jan 2011
547 Posts
Fixed!

Took it back today. Switched in another anylink but it didn't work either. Next, they switched to a new cable and it worked! It was a bad cable after all. That was a surprise because the voltmeter showed power was getting through. But that doesn't mean that the signal was getting through.

Can't wait to maiden her!
mybad is offline Find More Posts by mybad
Old Jan 16, 2013, 12:54 AM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Nov 2003
1,486 Posts
I've picked up a few AnyLink airplanes and have had "parts" Eclipse 7 sitting around for years. I made it my dedicated AnyLink, but got annoyed with it all hanging out the back.

Here is my simple installation to clean it up a bit, it works great so far.
Eclipse_7 is offline Find More Posts by Eclipse_7
Old Mar 29, 2013, 02:06 PM
Safety : practice & promote!
Joined Dec 2011
4,875 Posts
I picked up an Anylink a while a go and it works great on my DX6i. I was going to fly it on another radio that would require me to use a TACM0005 so I grabbed one from my LHS.

My problem now is that I don't seem to be able to properly charge the TACM0005 with my Thunderpower AC6 in LiFe mode. I set the charger to 2S @ 200mA but it reads "done" after about 40 seconds.

For those folks who have this battery, how are you charging it?
RoboHeli is offline Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 28, 2014, 12:30 AM
southeastern US
Joined Nov 2006
96 Posts
Final conversion of Tactic Anylink

I finally got tired of connecting wires to use my fleet of Anylink models with my Spektrum radios....so, i've incorporated the Tactic's PCB inside my old Spektrum DX7, with the flip of one switch i turn on the Tactic Anylink system and fly

It is fully inside the transmitter with no wires showing on the outside, uses the TX's battery pack, antenna. Really works quite well, but not something i'd recommend to someone without some electronics knowledge and good soldering skills.
fstop is offline Find More Posts by fstop
Old Jul 01, 2014, 08:34 AM
Blacksburg, VA 24060 USA
Joined Feb 2000
3,216 Posts
fstop,

Some questions: Does your switch also switch RF from Tactic AnyLink to Spektrum antenna and vice versa? How do you distinguish your Tactic models when you switch from Spektrum to Tactic?

Jim R.
JRuggiero is offline Find More Posts by JRuggiero
Old Jul 01, 2014, 11:48 AM
southeastern US
Joined Nov 2006
96 Posts
JRuggiero,
Not sure if i am understanding your question, but the switch works just as the Anylink would work plugging it into the trainer port. It uses the TX's (bypass) control function without using the (Spektrum RF) radio of the TX. If the radio is turned on (via its own main power switch) then it would override the Tactic of course, just as it would if turned on while the Anylink is plugged into the trainer port.
I use a DPDT switch which completes a circuit for the power to the Anylink board and connection from the board to the trainer port, simultaneously. You could just add another switch somewhere, but i just chose to use the Gear switch, as i don't use it on any models i have anyway. (I have a DX8 as well, if i want to use a gear switch on future models). Be advised that the stock switch used in the DX7 (gear switch at top left) is NOT a dpdt switch though. It appears to be (having six connections) but the two sides are connected and would short out your system.
I can try to diagram a pin-out of my connections if you are others are interested.
My picture is also probably misleading, as my DX7 is highly modified in other ways as well I have created my own Spektrum logo with backlit LED, and installed electro-luminescent screen on the control panel. None of those are stock (i installed those before DX8). The green LED at the (Gear) top left switch (that i use as Tactic power switch) is the stock LED that i took out of the Anylink PCB and installed at the switch.
Hope that helps, and if it doesn't, feel free to ask me again
-Tim (fstop)
Old Jul 03, 2014, 08:35 AM
Blacksburg, VA 24060 USA
Joined Feb 2000
3,216 Posts
fstop,

I didn't make myself clear. I understand that your AnyLink is totally inside your DX7, so the AnyLink does not have its own antenna. Your DX7 has an antenna. When you switch to the AnyLink to turn on its RF, the switch turns off the DX7 RF, and vice versa. Does the switch also change the DX7's antenna over to the AnyLink, and vice versa?

Jim R.
Old Jul 03, 2014, 10:35 AM
southeastern US
Joined Nov 2006
96 Posts
Ah!, no the switch is not connected to antenna. Ive hard-wired antenna from Anylink pcb to the Spektrum antenna. As only one system is transmitting RF at given time, seems to be no interference between the two radio systems sharing the antenna. Does that help?
That was a concern of mine as to the tx range and such, but so far i've had absolutely no issues. Ive flown 3 of my Anylink models (Flyzone- Fokker, Albatros, SE5a) just about out of sight with no loss of range control. Kinda scared me, as thats furthur than ive ever flown them in fact--as i generally fly those micro warbirds low, slow, and pass right around me in my front yard. I had tested in a field and just about lost orientation with my eyesight!

I have all of those flyzone planes except the se5a on the same model memory (just named Tactic in the DX7)--for some reason the se5a has a servo reversed from the alby and fokker, but its that way from factory, i had to do that with the Anylink plugged in too. Also, I get all of them trimmed out perfectly manually on the models (bending z-linkage) so there is no trim change needed on radio.
I actually love the little flyzone warbirds (i also scratch-built 2 of the albatros' with a Spektrum brick inside and different motors--fly really well--some of my very favorite planes now). Wish Horizon would just make more nice WW1-era UMX birds!
Old Jul 03, 2014, 11:56 AM
southeastern US
Joined Nov 2006
96 Posts
Here is one of my custom Flyzone micro Albatros' that has a Spektrum brick/motor.
Old Jul 03, 2014, 01:12 PM
Gulf Breeze, FL
Joined Jul 2006
3,062 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fstop View Post
Here is one of my custom Flyzone micro Albatros' that has a Spektrum brick/motor.
A beauty. Also, excellent photo.

Gene K
speedy01 is offline Find More Posts by speedy01
Old Jul 04, 2014, 07:06 AM
Blacksburg, VA 24060 USA
Joined Feb 2000
3,216 Posts
fstop,

That's a very fine Alby! And thanks for the clarification re antennas and range. It's given me much food for thought.

Jim R.
Old Jul 04, 2014, 01:28 PM
southeastern US
Joined Nov 2006
96 Posts
Thanks, Gene! its a great little flyer too. Thanks for noticing the photo too--it's my day-job so i guess i should be able to shoot a decent photo
Unfortunately, i'm not the best RC pilot in the world. Even though i love to fly the models around, i get more satisfaction in the building, painting, re-engineering, and all-around tinkering i guess!
I'm in awe of some of the great flying that some of you guys perform, but just don't think my stick-fingers will ever be that nimble--but the creation of a model, especially a scratch-build, can be so satisfying too.
Last edited by fstop; Jul 04, 2014 at 01:42 PM.
Old Jul 04, 2014, 01:40 PM
southeastern US
Joined Nov 2006
96 Posts
Thanks, Jim!
You're welcome. Sometimes with all the tinkering, i forget myself what the final thing that WORKED was.
I had started that project putting the Anylink inside the TX, in my head, over a year ago. Took me awhile to work it out...plus i hadnt got my DX8 yet, and didnt want to mess up my only transmitter If anyone is interested i can try to diagram a pin-out of the connections for reference.

Hope everyone is having a great Independence Day! and THANKS to all of those who have served our country, for us to continue to be able to say that.

tim