HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 01, 2012, 09:39 AM
Bruno, GOOD DOG
United States, IA, Grinnell
Joined Aug 2007
4,012 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post
Just got mine yesterday and order the DX8 cable and of course after ordering it I get point to this thread. LOL

Oh well.. The cable isn't costing me much.
That cable is why I am using my DX7 in the AnyLink. I have mine installed and have flown the DR1 a couple times and it is a real pleasure to be able to fly these little micros on a GOOD transmitter instead of a gameboy toy.
Today I am in the process of installing an old Vapor brick into my 1st generation Tactic Albatross.
Ron
A Rdnek is offline Find More Posts by A Rdnek
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 01, 2012, 09:43 AM
Bruno, GOOD DOG
United States, IA, Grinnell
Joined Aug 2007
4,012 Posts
By the way freechip, don't use that Velcro that is supplied with the AnyLink. That stuff is so strong and tight I think I could pick up my pick-up with it.
Use something else you have around that is much more user friendly. You WILL want to take the AnyLink off when not using it.
Ron
A Rdnek is offline Find More Posts by A Rdnek
Old Mar 01, 2012, 12:32 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,536 Posts
Thanks, ya has for the velcro, my LHS buddy showed me how strong it was. LOL not going to be using it for this application.

Got it hooked up to my DX6i for now. Can't wait to start ordering some of those anylink planes.
freechip is offline Find More Posts by freechip
Old Mar 04, 2012, 08:24 AM
Madison Wisconsin
Joined Feb 2007
71 Posts
Wonderfull Idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimsinva View Post
Nothing more is required on the Tracker III than the appropriate cable. The trainer plug has Bat+ on pin 1 (when turned on, even in Student Mode), ground on the shield, and signal on pin 4 (only when in Student Mode). I also have this model configured with Simulator turned on so it won't try to transmit if I miss holding the "B" key while powering on (to turn on Student Mode)! Based on past experience with these transmitters in Student Mode and the lower power required by 2.4GHz, I expect transmitter battery life will also be significantly longer.
Thanks Jim! Thats a great idea! And very good news!
Wes
wlester is offline Find More Posts by wlester
Old Mar 04, 2012, 03:32 PM
USA - NC
Joined Jan 2008
10 Posts
Mine arrived last week. I am trying to make it work with a JR 11X. The elevator and rudder work fine but there is no response from the throttle. I've tried all the switches and slides. Nothing on the transmitter activates the throttle. I am not good with programming. Any help is appreciated.

Lance
Arcus 4 is offline Find More Posts by Arcus 4
Old Mar 04, 2012, 04:01 PM
MN WATTS Master
United States, MN, Mankato
Joined Jul 2003
7,374 Posts
Make sure you are arming the throttle. Go to full the motor should beep or spin for a split sec. Then go back to idle and it should beep or spin twice and hen be armed. If you don't do this you will not get any throttle response.
Vintauri is online now Find More Posts by Vintauri
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 08, 2012, 04:11 PM
USA - NC
Joined Jan 2008
10 Posts
When all else fails, read the directions or make a fool of yourself on the internet! LMAO!!
It works fine with the 11X. Had to mix the rudder stick to the aileron stick. Just waiting for the wind to ease off
Arcus 4 is offline Find More Posts by Arcus 4
Old Mar 15, 2012, 09:47 AM
United States, FL, Orange Park
Joined Oct 2006
302 Posts
Hitec Optima

I've had the Super Cub for a week or so,it came w/interlink. I ordered the TACM0004 adapter from Tower. It arrived couple days ago,and is nothing more than two servo connectors, I assume one plugs into the data port on my transmitter. Any way nothing happens, no led lite no response whatsoever. I ordered two receivers at same time from Tower but are back ordered. I have read everything I can find to no avail, anyone solve this problem? BL
BIG LACY is offline Find More Posts by BIG LACY
Old Mar 15, 2012, 11:52 AM
USA, WA, Bremerton
Joined Mar 2009
938 Posts
I should probably read the rest of this thread b4 posting this but.....I have a DX5e tx and an old JR400 sport tx. The anylink does not work on the 5 without the right cable which my LHS does not have. But the old 400tx lights up the anylink just fine. The Problem..the sticks are completely reversed! Throttle and rudder are on the right stickwith ailerons and elevator on the left stick. I understand from the online info that you can changed modes with the throttle stick, but that's not possible if the throttle is assigned to a sprung elevator stick. This is on the new F86 edf jet from GP. I have had this thing since they first came out and have not been able to fly it. I was thinking about purchasing a rtf hobbico plane just to fly it with the cheap TX. Or at least change modes. Any one else have this problem?
MUTCAKE is online now Find More Posts by MUTCAKE
Old Mar 15, 2012, 12:34 PM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Nov 2003
1,486 Posts
Even with the channel mapping not set for JR I was still able to change the mapping settings with my 9303. I just followed the directions and used the throttle on my TX to enter the programming mode.

Did you just use the elevator to change the settings, or did you try the throttle as well?
Eclipse_7 is offline Find More Posts by Eclipse_7
Old Mar 15, 2012, 05:05 PM
USA, WA, Bremerton
Joined Mar 2009
938 Posts
I tried both! The throttle was non responsive. I was able to arm he esc by holding down the elevator gymbal but as soon as it was armed the esc kicked on and i had to hold it (spring loaded) in the off position while unplugging the battery. So how should I accomplish this? Perhaps i should get someone who has a tx that works first. I'm just not ready to buy a computer TX just yet.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 05:28 PM
Inciting Riots
Joined Dec 2006
9,687 Posts
Changing the mode is set in the TX module, not the RX.
village_idiot is offline Find More Posts by village_idiot
Old Mar 15, 2012, 05:49 PM
Proud member of LISF and ESL
LI, New York, USA
Joined Mar 2003
24,169 Posts
I have the TX-R Albatros which I got with an AnyLink module. Plugs right into my Futaba 9C adn works great. Had to map the rudder to aileron in the radio but other than that, flew well.
aeajr is online now Find More Posts by aeajr
Old Mar 15, 2012, 07:45 PM
USA, WA, Bremerton
Joined Mar 2009
938 Posts
So basically I won't be able to do anything with this plane till I get another tranny that is compatable with the Anylink?
Old Mar 15, 2012, 09:08 PM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Nov 2003
1,486 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTCAKE View Post
So basically I won't be able to do anything with this plane till I get another tranny that is compatable with the Anylink?
Okay, I just read the instructions again. Programming the Anylink has nothing to do with your throttle. Its based on rudder input. I think all major brands map rudder to channel 4. This is most likely why Tactic chose the rudder for the programming process. If your JR400 has the rudder channel mapped to 4 you can program the Anylink with it.
Eclipse_7 is offline Find More Posts by Eclipse_7