HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by WAGliderGuy, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 01:23 PM
Airliner Builder
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Feb 2010
1,969 Posts
Discussion
Pilatus Porter 'Dummy' Skis

Been awhile since I made a blog entry!

Last September, I made some 'dummy' (non-funtional) skis for my P. Tritle PC-6 Porter. They are built and sheeted with balsa and after some sanding I put some aluminum monokote on. The overall shape is ok but in real life there are more curves and edges that I was to lazy to replicate

Anyways, I epoxied the inside edge of the skis to the backside of the landing gear strut attachment point so it is level with the wheels. Then I added some fishing wire attatchemtents on the front, back and across the middle of the skis and they attatch to various points on the fuselage. Again, not the best looking but when its flying it looks great!

First Flight with Skis on my P. Tritle Pilatus Porter with STOL Land./TOs (2 min 8 sec)
WAGliderGuy is offline Find More Posts by WAGliderGuy
to remove ads between posts