HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 10, 2012, 06:52 PM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Jun 2012
1,712 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by queadlunnrau View Post
All too familiar, enhanced by impatience for a maiden because you have a camera person finally available.
So true about the camera man
rayonnair is online now Find More Posts by rayonnair
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 10, 2012, 09:43 PM
United States, NV, Fernley
Joined Oct 2011
1,899 Posts
I would say that you did not tweak a little up elevator on your test flight. When test flying it is always wise to do this so the model goes up instead of down and will make it easier to trim out without filling your knickers. Add to that that it looks to be on a very high rate of control and boom... Sorry for your loss.
acesimmer is offline Find More Posts by acesimmer
Old Sep 10, 2012, 09:56 PM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Jun 2012
1,712 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by acesimmer View Post
I would say that you did not tweak a little up elevator on your test flight. When test flying it is always wise to do this so the model goes up instead of down and will make it easier to trim out without filling your knickers. Add to that that it looks to be on a very high rate of control and boom... Sorry for your loss.
Cheers for the condolences. I will revive her soon .

Can I clarify what you meant by "you did not tweak a little up elevator on your test flight"? Do you mean put in a few clicks of up elevator from the outset so that when I center the sticks it still has a little up elevator built in and I don't go splat?
Old Sep 10, 2012, 10:22 PM
United States, NV, Fernley
Joined Oct 2011
1,899 Posts
That is correct. I test fly a lot of 3d, scale warbirds and EDF jets both large and small for a lot of our members. I always have at least 3-5 clicks of up in for test flights. I would rather a model climbs like a bird than dive like a brick. It allows you time to get the down or more up trim in without heading for the ground. From your vid it looks like you applied up elevator to rotate then naturally backed off to neutral for the climb out. In this case you may have had a lot of down trim when your sticks are centered. So when you backed off the climb it just nosed over and splat!! If you had a few clicks of up it may have flown much easier. When my Sbach is in neutral and is trimmed it does have a slight up elevator when stick is centered. Same with my friends Sbach that we just test flew and trimmed out for perfect flight. I also have 40% expo on everything and 50% on the rudder for better ground handling. This plane is very easy to fly but can bite your ass if you have to much throw on the controls and not used to it. So use duel rates and start off with the low rate at 50% to the high rate. This will make it easier for the first few flights then switch to high rate when in the air and see what happens. Once you have a few flights you will know what to tweak to get it just right for your experience and style of flying... Good luck
acesimmer is offline Find More Posts by acesimmer
Last edited by acesimmer; Sep 10, 2012 at 10:30 PM.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 11:07 PM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Jun 2012
1,712 Posts
Cheers. I will try that the next time!
Old Sep 11, 2012, 01:31 PM
crack Spain
Spain, Madrid, M
Joined Jun 2012
178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joselu View Post
what motor I can buy¿?
more power (little) and efficiency (this is most important)
nobody?
clevis are 3mm?
joselu is offline Find More Posts by joselu
Last edited by joselu; Sep 11, 2012 at 01:55 PM.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 04:49 PM
Luck is my skill
United States, WA, Redmond
Joined Jun 2009
1,041 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joselu View Post
nobody?
clevis are 3mm?
Do a search, someone had a power 46 and you can read about it with the forum search feature.

queadlunnrau is offline Find More Posts by queadlunnrau
Old Sep 11, 2012, 10:28 PM
Scott
Australia, SA, Two Wells
Joined Feb 2012
211 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceaxe View Post
Well I did try the stick motor on 5s with an 80 amp Esc and it was a weapon but just felt it was way to much for the airframe I currently run a power 46 eflite motor and have run it in 5s but i feel it's still way to much it is more than capable on 4s but the other option is to get the fms 580 kv motor out if the fw190 or bf 109 as its a straight drop in and run that on 5s as I used this setup for a week before I went to the power 46 And if I was in your shoes with a heap of 5s lipos I would consider swapping to the 580 kv fms motor which is about $40 aus than say going out and buying 4 new 4s lipos
As for running two 2200 there is enough room if you were to go 4s 2p I usually run a 4s 4500 60 c lipo as far back against the wing mount ply plate and have even squeezed a 5000 in there just see what it was like its a right fit but does fit I would consider replacing the servos to much better quality if you go 5s as 9 g aileron servos IMO just aren't up to the force applied to them under hard maneuvers and neither are the cheap rud and ail servos
I replaced mine with mg savox servos but mine has 165 hard flights with a total flight time of 21 hrs 47 min and I would like to think that I get another 100 flights before I retire the airframe as I believe foam airframes have a definite life span
Just bought the orange version with part of a bonus from work! Thanks for the handy info about the batteries. By the sounds of it it might just be as easy to stay 4s and buy the battery packs. I also added some turnigy 12.5g mg servos to the order for the Aielrons to strengthen them up a bit. Also going to order those big orange 52g servos for the rudder and elevator. Looking forward to getting this plane in the air.
wigsw001 is offline Find More Posts by wigsw001
Old Sep 11, 2012, 10:51 PM
Scott
Australia, SA, Two Wells
Joined Feb 2012
211 Posts
Hi guys just curious if the stock esc will have enough power in the internal bec to run the below servos (2 of each obviously).
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=17454

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=17322

Does anyone know how many amps the stock esc bec is? Looking at the external becs on hobby king and there are some bad reviews of them failing What makes running an external bec better anyway, the esc with internal bec could fail or if your running an external bec instead that could fail. Either way it results in an uncontrollable plane. Wouldn't a better quality esc with internal bec be better than running a cheap external bec?

Thanks scott
Old Sep 12, 2012, 01:05 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Jun 2012
1,712 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wigsw001 View Post
Hi guys just curious if the stock esc will have enough power in the internal bec to run the below servos (2 of each obviously).

Does anyone know how many amps the stock esc bec is? Looking at the external becs on hobby king and there are some bad reviews of them failing What makes running an external bec better anyway, the esc with internal bec could fail or if your running an external bec instead that could fail. Either way it results in an uncontrollable plane. Wouldn't a better quality esc with internal bec be better than running a cheap external bec?

Thanks scott
I bought a separate BEC. Supposed to be 6v@5A. The 6v was accurate on my voltmeter but I do not know if the 5A is. Beware of HK UBECs... this one, for example, apparently is rated at 3A, not the advertised 5A. This one, which is what I'm using, seems to be better and appears to deliver the advertised current.

I think all things being equal the benefit of having a separate BEC is the chance to land the bird should your ESC burn out.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 09:57 PM
Broken Arrow, Okla
Joined Oct 2010
87 Posts
Yes, I agree with the 8-26v HK UBEC. I almost lost the SBACH after its second flight, traced to that HK SBEC.
The model was on the ground but started a uncontrolled high speed taxi, until it hit some tall weeds.
The CC BEC, works much better.
J3 guy is offline Find More Posts by J3 guy
Old Sep 13, 2012, 06:32 AM
Joined Mar 2011
49 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wigsw001 View Post

Thanks scott
The stock "Topfire" Esc 80A mine is holding up just fine.
balleklorin1972 is offline Find More Posts by balleklorin1972
Old Sep 13, 2012, 03:14 PM
Joined Dec 2006
831 Posts
I can verify the stock Esc is good
I took mine out before I flew mine and replaced with an eflight and put it in my fms corsair as the corsair had a couple hundred flights do wasn't too worried if it failed but I can report that it's has had another 120 flights withno issues
iceaxe is online now Find More Posts by iceaxe
Old Sep 13, 2012, 07:44 PM
Scott
Australia, SA, Two Wells
Joined Feb 2012
211 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceaxe View Post
I can verify the stock Esc is good
I took mine out before I flew mine and replaced with an eflight and put it in my fms corsair as the corsair had a couple hundred flights do wasn't too worried if it failed but I can report that it's has had another 120 flights withno issues
That's good to know I might go without the seperate bec then. How many amps does the corsair pull? Is it around 60amps like the sbach so the strain would be similar. Thanks.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 03:38 AM
Unregistered User
Long Beach, CA
Joined Mar 2010
1,041 Posts
Dynam Sbach vs. H.K. Sbach

At my local flying field, one of my buddies just got another Dynam Sbach. He had one before all hopped up that he used to fly the piss out of until one day, he had some radio/battery issue in-flight and lost control. He never did find it, but replaced it with another one.
If any of you guys are sitting on the fence wondering which one is better? Let me just say they both fly very well.
Dynam Sbach
Wingspan: 1250mm
Length: 1235mm
Motor: BM3720A-KV650 Brushless Outrunner
ESC: Detrum Pro 50A Brushless
Servo: 9gX4pcs
Flying Weight: 1450g (51.2oz)

Hobby King Sbach
Wingspan: 1400mm
Length: 1400mm
Motor: 4250 Brushless Outrunner 800kv
ESC: "Topfire" 80A w/BEC
Servo: 2 x std size & 2 x 9g
Flying Weight: 2300g(81.1oz)

Bottom line $125 for the Dynam, and $150 for the Hobby King Sbach.
You decide which is better.
Kevin
kmdunnster is offline Find More Posts by kmdunnster
Last edited by kmdunnster; Sep 14, 2012 at 11:51 AM.