HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 08, 2012, 06:53 AM
France, Pays de la Loire, Nantes
Joined Sep 2010
174 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by J3 guy View Post
The DuBro spinner has different shaft spacers. That gives you the best fit for whatever motor or engine shaft you have.
I would look for one with the shaft spacers, that way you have more options.
Yeah you're right. I've asked HK for know if there is shaft spacers with this product. I'm waiting the answer. Edit: there are no shaft spacers with it.

What the diameter of the hole shaft on your 2-3/4" DuBro spinner?

alex_007 is offline Find More Posts by alex_007
Last edited by alex_007; Aug 22, 2012 at 01:16 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 08, 2012, 10:19 PM
Broken Arrow, Okla
Joined Oct 2010
87 Posts
This is from the DuBro site. Google is your friend.

Simple, easy and safe to install (no need to use the palm of your hand). The spinners are available in 7 sizes. Each spinner comes complete with 5 shaft adapters (5mm, 6mm, 1/4", 7mm, 5/16" shafts). You don't have to drill out our back plates!
Features a unique nylon insert lock design for attaching the back plate and spinner - giving a solid and secure hold. Designed with safety in mind.
Use Allen Wrench size 7/64" (not included).
J3 guy is offline Find More Posts by J3 guy
Old Aug 09, 2012, 11:54 AM
Thumbflyer
Manning, AB, Canada
Joined Nov 2009
1,284 Posts
Well my MX2 came in yesterday and got to putting it together. I know it's not the Sbach but tail wheel assembly is virtually the same except my MX2 didn't come with any ply shims for rudder/tail wheel assembly that I have seen on some posts here. Assembly didn't go so well on the tail wheel. The wires that I assume were sent to control the wheel were too long. I cut them and bent them but still wasn't happy with the slop in there so I used some ball links I had lying around and it works really well. Also as they are threaded they are now easily adjustable if plane isn't tracking straight on the ground. Was a bit tricky getting the balls threaded into the black metal control arm but eventually went. Still going to use some longer screws to go through the rudder control horns and the plastic piece that the ball links are threaded to as I could not get the srews to thread completely through to the other side. Manual is a bit of a joke. I have excellent vision but the pictures had me thinking I am starting to go blind! Not seen in picture I noticed the plasic tail wheel control was hitting the metal arm that holds tail wheel assembly to fuselage on full deflection (I plan on upgrading servos and going even more deflection yet). Bent it down now so also had to move the ball links on metal control arm to the top so the rod is straighter. Also only two hinges on the top of the rudder. Could actually see bottom of rudder pushing out to the sides a bit when moving the rudder. Pulled hinges and installed dubro point style and added a third hinge at the bottom just above the control horns, much better! Think I will re-hinge this whole plane and shave some foam off the leading edges of the control surfaces to get better throw after a servo upgrade
IEATSRT is offline Find More Posts by IEATSRT
Last edited by IEATSRT; Aug 09, 2012 at 12:07 PM.
Old Aug 09, 2012, 06:38 PM
Unregistered User
Long Beach, CA
Joined Mar 2010
1,073 Posts
IEATSRT,
That's a great idea with the ball links. Unfortunately, I fly at a field which is grass and has lots of bumps, clumps of crab grass, gopher holes, a minefield of obstacles. I had to go with a little more slop/play to account for that, or I'd be ripping that tailwheel off almost every flight.
Kev
kmdunnster is offline Find More Posts by kmdunnster
Old Aug 10, 2012, 01:18 PM
Poland, Malopolskie, Krakow
Joined May 2012
18 Posts
Hey Guys!!

ANYONE REPLACED stock engine ??

I think my engine is broken. After fixing loose magnets it won't work properly - got a lot of vibrations, sound is very loud, and back of the engine heats up very quickly (after 30 seconds of 10% throttle it burns..) It's definitely not friction on magnets (bell housing is cold) so i think its just time to replace it

I was thinking about this:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...0KV_1295W.html

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...er_770kv_.html

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ner_Motor.html

Any advice? I'm newbie in chosing motors :/ (i don't want to replace ESC, and i have 14/8 wood prop)

snapcase is offline Find More Posts by snapcase
Last edited by snapcase; Aug 10, 2012 at 07:15 PM.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 04:33 PM
Unregistered User
Long Beach, CA
Joined Mar 2010
1,073 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snapcase View Post
Hey Guys!!
ANYONE REPLACED stock engine ??
Any advice? I'm newbie in chosing motors :/ (i don't want to replace ESC, and i have 14/8 wood prop)
Funny you asked.. My stock motor did the same thing after about 10 flights. The magnets on the inside of the can weren't all glued in place. I tried re gluing them, but no luck. I finally broke down and got this Rimfire 32. It's got a 2 year warranty against defects like what happened to the stock motor.
Description RimFire .32
Diameter 42 mm (1.7 in)
Length 50 mm (2.0 in)
kV 800
Constant Watts 850
Burst Watts 1480
Weight 198 g (7 oz)
Shaft Diameter (mm) 5 mm(0.2 in)
Voltage Range 11.1-14.8V / 3-4S LiPo
Sport 3D
Power System Recommendation
ESC 45 Amp(min)
LiPo 4S
Prop 12x6 to 13x8 Electric
Gonna install it tonight, and give it a go tomorrow.
Kev
P.S. Installed Ready to go tomorrow.
Last edited by kmdunnster; Aug 11, 2012 at 12:39 AM.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 07:14 PM
Poland, Malopolskie, Krakow
Joined May 2012
18 Posts
Nice one. But i'm looking something under 40$ - don't have much money now any suggestions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmdunnster View Post
Funny you asked.. My stock motor did the same thing after about 10 flights.(...)
Yeah, same here - something about 10 flights :/
snapcase is offline Find More Posts by snapcase
Old Aug 11, 2012, 10:53 AM
France, Pays de la Loire, Nantes
Joined Sep 2010
174 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_007 View Post
Yeah you're right. I've asked HK for know if there is shaft spacers with this product. I'm waiting the answer.

What the diameter of the hole shaft on your 2-3/4" DuBro spinner?
Quote:
Originally Posted by J3 guy View Post
This is from the DuBro site. Google is your friend.

Simple, easy and safe to install (no need to use the palm of your hand). The spinners are available in 7 sizes. Each spinner comes complete with 5 shaft adapters (5mm, 6mm, 1/4", 7mm, 5/16" shafts). You don't have to drill out our back plates!
Features a unique nylon insert lock design for attaching the back plate and spinner - giving a solid and secure hold. Designed with safety in mind.
Use Allen Wrench size 7/64" (not included).
Although I'm not English, I think I can read it: and I do not read anywhere the information I am looking for in your quote ...

I'm looking for the diameter of the hole drilled in the Dubro's 2-3/4" spinner.

alex_007 is offline Find More Posts by alex_007
Old Aug 12, 2012, 07:14 AM
Joined Dec 2006
864 Posts
Quote:
Funny you asked.. My stock motor did the same thing after about 10 flights. The magnets on the inside of the can weren't all glued in place. I tried re gluing them, but no luck. I finally broke down and got this Rimfire 32. It's got a 2 year warranty against defects like what happened to the stock motor.
Description RimFire .32
Diameter 42 mm (1.7 in)
Length 50 mm (2.0 in)
kV 800
Constant Watts 850
Burst Watts 1480
Weight 198 g (7 oz)
Shaft Diameter (mm) 5 mm(0.2 in)
Voltage Range 11.1-14.8V / 3-4S LiPo
Sport 3D
Power System Recommendation
ESC 45 Amp(min)
LiPo 4S
Prop 12x6 to 13x8 Electric
Gonna install it tonight, and give it a go tomorrow.
Kev
P.S. Installed Ready to go tomorrow.
I'm running the eflite power 46 in mine has now done 139 flights on a 4s4500 60c pack
iceaxe is offline Find More Posts by iceaxe
Old Aug 12, 2012, 11:20 AM
Unregistered User
Long Beach, CA
Joined Mar 2010
1,073 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceaxe View Post
I'm running the eflite power 46 in mine has now done 139 flights on a 4s4500 60c pack
I thought about putting a 46 size motor in, but wasn't sure if the balance would work out. From a 32 to 46 is 70 grams heavier in the nose plus the new motor mount. How did you compensate for the extra weight in the nose?? Plus 4s 4500mAhs, that seems nose heavy? I know the 32 is pretty close to stock motor weight(within a few grams.)
Just wondering,
Kevin
P.S. 139 flights?? You got a logbook or something?? I usually lose track how many flights after the Maiden
Last edited by kmdunnster; Aug 15, 2012 at 08:17 PM.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 08:17 PM
Look Up!
Canada, MB, Niverville
Joined Apr 2008
5,029 Posts
What do you have to do to run bigger mah batts in this bird? I know a guy who bought one but cant even put a 3300 5s into it.
gewiens is offline Find More Posts by gewiens
Old Aug 15, 2012, 09:13 PM
Unregistered User
Long Beach, CA
Joined Mar 2010
1,073 Posts
Battery

I've been using the recommended 3300mAh 4s. 10 min of flight time flying pretty aggresive aerobatics, no 3D. No need for higher than 4s, unlimited vertical. If you went with anything larger, it will be nose heavy unless you either move the battery further aft, or add extra weight in the tail(which is Taboo for me)
Kev

P.S. Hey iceaxe, how did you pull off putting a 46 size motor, and 4500mAhs without being nose heavy??
I still want to know
Last edited by kmdunnster; Aug 15, 2012 at 09:20 PM.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 09:34 PM
Look Up!
Canada, MB, Niverville
Joined Apr 2008
5,029 Posts
Ya I'd like to see that too. This would be for sport flying. Not really for 3d. Don't wanna 3d. I have a 1400 balsa sbach and it's heavier in the nose but flys awesome. I run up to 4900mah 6s in that with a power 46.
gewiens is offline Find More Posts by gewiens
Old Aug 15, 2012, 11:55 PM
Unregistered User
Long Beach, CA
Joined Mar 2010
1,073 Posts
That rimfire .32 I put in is perfect. APC14x7E on 14.8V is getting close to1000watts and drawing 61amps. Vertical till it's gone and motor/esc lukewarm after run.
Kev
Old Aug 16, 2012, 08:00 AM
Joined Dec 2006
864 Posts
Quote:
I've been using the recommended 3300mAh 4s. 10 min of flight time flying pretty aggresive aerobatics, no 3D. No need for higher than 4s, unlimited vertical. If you went with anything larger, it will be nose heavy unless you either move the battery further aft, or add extra weight in the tail(which is Taboo for me)
Kev

P.S. Hey iceaxe, how did you pull off putting a 46 size motor, and 4500mAhs without being nose heavy??
I still want to know
I re drilled the stock mount so that it was just a straight bolt on took a bit of work and the spinner is off the cowl by about 5 mm more but it doesn't bother me
And as for the lipo I have it all the way back to the ply wing mounting plate and use a zip tie around the wing spar to secure the lipo it's a snug fit but has been good for many flights and as foe weight I have two full size top of the range savox servos on the rudder / elevator so that adds a bit of weight to the rear seems ok to me I can get it nearly flat in an inverted flat spin so thats a good indication that it's balanced ok oh and I have my ar8000 rx back near the servos also not that that gives me much more
I run an xoar 14/8 wooden prop and limit my flight times to 7 min of mild to wild aerobatics
As for recording my flights I have been using rc logbook on my iPhone for a long time now and love knowing just how many flights and what accumulated flight times my various models have had
Also doubles as my timer
iceaxe is offline Find More Posts by iceaxe
Last edited by iceaxe; Aug 16, 2012 at 08:11 AM.