maiden flight impressions, anyone?
Friman is offline Find More Posts by Friman
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 03, 2012, 10:17 AM
New Beeeeee
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Apr 2011
1,109 Posts
I've been sick and got 4 battery's waiting to juice mine up. I did notice I have to put my battery sideways alittle to fit. It hits the esc and foam bumpers. It's not gonna fall out. I added Velcro for extra stickiness. I also taped mine up with clear packing tape. Belly, bottom of wings and leading edge. I also tryed to get the canopy to flip up for my gopro.
RUBNorris is offline Find More Posts by RUBNorris
Old Feb 03, 2012, 05:19 PM
France, Pays de la Loire, Nantes
Joined Sep 2010
174 Posts
I can't wait for new videos!!

Don't forget: closely, and with persons or objects which enable realize about the dimensions.

Thanks much
alex_007 is online now Find More Posts by alex_007
Old Feb 04, 2012, 02:15 PM
Akron, Ohio
Joined Nov 2005
433 Posts
Just ordered the black version, hopefully that's what I'll get!
Aerobatman is online now Find More Posts by Aerobatman
Old Feb 04, 2012, 02:32 PM
Home of A-10 - Farmingdale NY
United States, NH, Londonderry
Joined Dec 2006
936 Posts
So far it looks pretty good...waiting to see the first flight videos.

Hope they have the red/black version in stock soon.

-mike-
boiko is offline Find More Posts by boiko
Old Feb 04, 2012, 08:34 PM
New Beeeeee
Joined Apr 2011
1,109 Posts
ok here is what i put together today.

There long videos. go easy on me....

SET UP
Hobbyking EPO Sbach 342 Set up (9 min 33 sec)

Maiden Flight with a warm up on my yak
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheJclon.../0/1KvVY_NTnak

enjoy!

Ruben
Old Feb 05, 2012, 03:55 AM
Deutschland, BY, Augsburg
Joined Nov 2010
125 Posts
Sorry, i seen the Yak goes better than the Sbach, or you fly it not strong, its maiden i think your knees smooth. Always i fly maiden my butterflys goes in Stomach
Schrottflyer is online now Find More Posts by Schrottflyer
Old Feb 05, 2012, 06:35 AM
France, Pays de la Loire, Nantes
Joined Sep 2010
174 Posts
Oh gosh! Amazing! It looks very well! Thanks for your vid'!

Please, show us a video from the cockpit with your gopro!! That's will be awesome!
alex_007 is online now Find More Posts by alex_007
Old Feb 05, 2012, 07:55 AM
Joined Sep 2010
2,424 Posts
Yes cockpit video would be really great..Could you maybe write an estimate of the distance from the bottom of the fuse to the top of the plastic cockpit since i'll have to mount my hd cam vertically on a servo for panning it, please google for bloggie pm5 so that you'll have a better idea what I mean
msev is online now Find More Posts by msev
Old Feb 05, 2012, 02:49 PM
Akron, Ohio
Joined Nov 2005
433 Posts
RUBNorris thanks for the videos and time you spent putting them together! I know I've done so myself. Hey, does the wing have a spar of some sort in it? Didn't see anything about that.
Aerobatman is online now Find More Posts by Aerobatman
Old Feb 05, 2012, 06:20 PM
United States, AZ, Maricopa
Joined Jan 2012
29 Posts
Maiden my black one today, didnt need much triming. I place my battery on its side so it fits between the foam airframe pieces. My canopy was lifting off at the back, so I put s strip of velcro on top in back to hold it down. Guys at the field were in love with it this morning. Make my 3dhs edge 540 look like a baby. Need to work on getting higher throws worked in. flew on the recomened expo in the manual. 4s 3300 battery pulled about 58 amps. Didnt look at watts. Looks scale while flying. Very impressed with the power. Dont like the tail wheel setup, but will work for now.
Score0985 is offline Find More Posts by Score0985
Old Feb 05, 2012, 06:51 PM
United States, NY, Manhasset
Joined Jul 2011
436 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Score0985 View Post
Maiden my black one today, didnt need much triming. I place my battery on its side so it fits between the foam airframe pieces. My canopy was lifting off at the back, so I put s strip of velcro on top in back to hold it down. Guys at the field were in love with it this morning. Make my 3dhs edge 540 look like a baby. Need to work on getting higher throws worked in. flew on the recomened expo in the manual. 4s 3300 battery pulled about 58 amps. Didnt look at watts. Looks scale while flying. Very impressed with the power. Dont like the tail wheel setup, but will work for now.
How well do the hinges work on the control surfaces? Can you get as much throw as on the 3dhs 540? How is the 3d capability? Does it compare to your 3dhs plane? Can you do elevators, knife edge, waterfalls, hard snap rolls, tumbles, etc? Thanks.
ChrisNYPilot is offline Find More Posts by ChrisNYPilot
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Parkzone Sport Cub
Old Feb 05, 2012, 08:25 PM
United States, AZ, Maricopa
Joined Jan 2012
29 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisNYPilot View Post
How well do the hinges work on the control surfaces? Can you get as much throw as on the 3dhs 540? How is the 3d capability? Does it compare to your 3dhs plane? Can you do elevators, knife edge, waterfalls, hard snap rolls, tumbles, etc? Thanks.
Just started flying 3d, doesnt even come close to the edge. Havnt tried maxing out the throws on the sbach yet. Need another weekend or so to see if it can do any major 3d moves. Might have our good 3d pilit ring it iut next sunday after I get the throws maxed out.
Score0985 is offline Find More Posts by Score0985
Old Feb 05, 2012, 08:33 PM
United States, NY, Manhasset
Joined Jul 2011
436 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Score0985 View Post
Just started flying 3d, doesnt even come close to the edge. Havnt tried maxing out the throws on the sbach yet. Need another weekend or so to see if it can do any major 3d moves. Might have our good 3d pilit ring it iut next sunday after I get the throws maxed out.
Good to know, thanks for the honesty. When I first got my dynam SBach I was really impressed, but my 3dhs 47" SHP is really a much better flying plane as well. 47" wing and using a 3s 1600mah. It floats down so slowly I could take a nap.
ChrisNYPilot is offline Find More Posts by ChrisNYPilot
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Parkzone Sport Cub
Old Feb 05, 2012, 11:50 PM
New Beeeeee
Joined Apr 2011
1,109 Posts
Thank you guys!
Sorry the videos are so long. I wanted to get all the details i could. There looks to be carbon rods in the wings and a wooden spar for wing support.
It looks like MG servos will be need for more advanced 3D. The Hinges are tough and hold up very well. Everything handled well but the pilot had very sweaty hands during flight. If this plane could be lighter some how I thing it could hall butt. Landing gear could be upgraded and motor mount could be aluminum.
Everyone stoped to see this large plane i had next to my Carbon Z yak. Hobbyking did one hell of a job putting this EPO Sbach out. 55" and don't have to do nothing to is but put rx and battery. 4/5 stars from me (due to the weight of 5.2lbs) Dynam's got nothing on this.

Ruben