HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 02, 2012, 09:34 AM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,621 Posts
No sweat, well Mail Man was just here...
Eastcoast78 is online now Find More Posts by Eastcoast78
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Eastcoast78; Apr 02, 2012 at 10:26 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 02, 2012, 11:44 AM
United States, AZ, Peoria
Joined Aug 2010
1,024 Posts
Does or will HobbyKing offer any spare parts for this plane?
If I have to buy 2 planes for spare parts and spend over $300 in doing so I would rather put my money towards a higher quality more capable 3D plane instead, such as the Carbon Z Yak a plane you can get for $299 out the door and purchase spare parts for when needed.

Spare parts would be the deal maker or breaker for me.
flydown is offline Find More Posts by flydown
Old Apr 02, 2012, 12:13 PM
Perth, Western Australia
Joined Feb 2007
1,317 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flydown View Post
Does or will HobbyKing offer any spare parts for this plane?
If I have to buy 2 planes for spare parts and spend over $300 in doing so I would rather put my money towards a higher quality more capable 3D plane instead, such as the Carbon Z Yak a plane you can get for $299 out the door and purchase spare parts for when needed.

The carbon Z Yak is $459 AUS here in australia for the BNF so the SBach was $209 aus cheaper for me.
No there are no spare parts currently for the Sbach
rcpilot23 is online now Find More Posts by rcpilot23
Old Apr 02, 2012, 12:45 PM
Pro RC Boneyard Developer
Canada, BC, Arrow Creek
Joined Jan 2012
178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastcoast78 View Post
Crazy that its almost $400 in to this $130 dollar plane lol
The way I look at it, in any local hobby store, (and for me local means 3-400kms from me), any model of equal size and relative quality would cost easily in the $300-$400 range anyway. I have no problem with the shipping/upgrading prices etc. for something shipped right to my door.

Congrats on your arrival Eastcoast78!

Regards...
teknokraze is offline Find More Posts by teknokraze
Old Apr 02, 2012, 01:07 PM
United States, AZ, Peoria
Joined Aug 2010
1,024 Posts
Over here PNP Carbon Z Yak a plane is $299. Includes free shipping and no tax. It is a big difference compared to what you pay down under.
flydown is offline Find More Posts by flydown
Old Apr 02, 2012, 01:11 PM
Luck is my skill
United States, WA, Redmond
Joined Jun 2009
1,220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flydown View Post
Spare parts used to be a deal breaker for me, but over the last 3 years of flying foam planes, I find that I can fix everything with Gorilla Glue, packing tape, CA + Kicker and paint.

Anything else like the electronics, I would upgrade if they failed.

I even had to reconstruct a whole front fuselage out of packing foam for a SkyAngel 50mm F-35, I find it fun to do repairs.
queadlunnrau is offline Find More Posts by queadlunnrau
Old Apr 02, 2012, 02:18 PM
Joined Mar 2011
50 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastcoast78 View Post
No sweat, well Mail Man was just here...
Hurry up build the damn plane
And post vids

Here is my maiden flight of the SBACH, looking forward to do more flights.
Sbach342 (2 min 47 sec)
balleklorin1972 is offline Find More Posts by balleklorin1972
Old Apr 02, 2012, 04:05 PM
France, Pays de la Loire, Nantes
Joined Sep 2010
174 Posts
Thanks Eastcoast78 for your items list order and balleklorin1972 for your video!

It's very constructive and rewarding!

I'll post my items list order too after purchase my lipos.
alex_007 is online now Find More Posts by alex_007
Old Apr 02, 2012, 04:17 PM
Luck is my skill
United States, WA, Redmond
Joined Jun 2009
1,220 Posts
Wow your's shows good roll rates!

Good flight, though didn't have your landing, I was wonderig since your runway had lots of power wires, i'd be too scared to use that as a runway.
queadlunnrau is offline Find More Posts by queadlunnrau
Old Apr 02, 2012, 10:56 PM
United States, NV, Fernley
Joined Oct 2011
2,135 Posts
Any of you guys have the orange one. If so how was your paint finish? Mine was horrid and full of bubbles with a slight warp in one wing. The wings have a nice semi gloss finish and would be gorgeous except for the bubbles. The fuse is a flat orange of a slightly different color and does not look finished. My paint was moist and sticking to the packing materials. Got a bitch into HK to replace the wing set so will see if they honor it. Otherwise a great looking and flying model. I waited five weeks for delivery and got this. Somewhat disappointed in quality control.
acesimmer is online now Find More Posts by acesimmer
Old Apr 02, 2012, 11:12 PM
Akron, Ohio
Joined Nov 2005
433 Posts
SBach build notes

Now that Ive built and flown this bad boy here are some tips to help you out. Not all will apply as there are variables in production quality:
  1. Cooling air holes need opened on bottom of fuse. Make sure to check the lightning bolt graphic, there are three cooling holes about 5/8 in diameter.
  2. Balance prop and spinner! Very important!! I used a Top Flite Power Point balancer. For the spinner I had to balance it with electrical tape (see photo).
  3. Cut notch in foam between wings to fit Lipo.
  4. Aileron control rods too long - needed to shorten.
  5. Check your hinges, some of mine had gobs of glue which needed scraped off. Once I did that the control surfaces moved with almost no friction.
  6. The stabilizer attachment screw had nothing to grab onto. Seems the fastening nut in the fuse was missing! (I just glued the stab on)
  7. Pay attention to rudder setup hardware. My rudder to wheel gear push rods were too long, needed shortened to 36.5 mm.
  8. Use Velcro on canopy hatch to securely hold it on.
  9. For red touch-up paint I've found that the Americana "True Red" is a very close match. I also used Minwax Satin Finish Polycrylic on the cowl and spinner which were dull in finish, this more closely matched the rest of the finish on the plane.
Aerobatman is offline Find More Posts by Aerobatman
Old Apr 02, 2012, 11:20 PM
Akron, Ohio
Joined Nov 2005
433 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by acesimmer View Post
Any of you guys have the orange one. If so how was your paint finish? Mine was horrid and full of bubbles with a slight warp in one wing. The wings have a nice semi gloss finish and would be gorgeous except for the bubbles. The fuse is a flat orange of a slightly different color and does not look finished. My paint was moist and sticking to the packing materials. Got a bitch into HK to replace the wing set so will see if they honor it. Otherwise a great looking and flying model. I waited five weeks for delivery and got this. Somewhat disappointed in quality control.
Sorry to see this poor QC! Mine had issues like gaps between the fuse halves (not letting the glue set up properly) and others see my build notes. My solution to the paint finish not matching was to use spray on Minwax Polycrylic Satin. That blended everything together. At least when she's 10 ft away you don't see those bubbles! Happy flying with her...
Aerobatman is offline Find More Posts by Aerobatman
Old Apr 02, 2012, 11:34 PM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,621 Posts
Ive been running into a few Probs, Just small things. I have to get better screws tomorrow, the Stock machine one for the horns/back plates , i found the threads not big enough, and easily slide though the holes.
So some 1'' screws are in order.

I found on the white,black and red one the Wings have a blue hue to them? Not matching the tail feather at all. but after seeing a few pic's, i guess im not colour blind!!

I need to add 1 or 2 Pin hinges on the bottom of the rudder, the little thin piece of foam that slips into the tail of the fuse broke, so now there is only 2 hinges, middle and top. Might be a good idea to add them anyway.

At first i had Problems getting the Hoz stab screw to set, but with a little extra force it grabbed. Glueing it would be fine to! Which i may do, its not like im taking the tail apart every time im not flying it.

I got the motor completely out, firewall was not glued in at all, i got a few vids, but also took some pics.
Eastcoast78 is online now Find More Posts by Eastcoast78
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 03, 2012, 03:26 AM
STATUS TUNING
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Dec 2010
293 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by acesimmer View Post
TBH a few mates bought the orange one and it nowhere near as nice as the black and white.
STATUS is offline Find More Posts by STATUS
Old Apr 03, 2012, 07:45 AM
Joined Mar 2011
50 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by queadlunnrau View Post
Wow your's shows good roll rates!

Good flight, though didn't have your landing, I was wonderig since your runway had lots of power wires, i'd be too scared to use that as a runway.
No landing sorry, I had my son to film while I was flying, and when it was time to land he had to shut down the camera and had to look if there was any cars coming on the runway The landing was a little to hard so I broke of the white plastic tail-wheel holder So have to make something new to hold the tail wheel in place.
balleklorin1972 is offline Find More Posts by balleklorin1972