SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 29, 2012, 05:18 AM
Joined Mar 2012
57 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcninja View Post
I have a DX5e and didn't know it had expo for a long time. I just found out that it does have a fixed expo setting. You hold right aileron trim while turning on the transmitter. You'll hear a series of ascending tones. That means expo is enabled. To turn it off, hold left aileron trim while turning it on.

You can't adjust the amount of expo though, just on or off.
WOW, Thanks a LOT!!! That really helped

I have some other questions for your guys...

1- Does anyone know if and when this plane is due in the european warehouse???

2- If ordered to the international warehouse, how long does it normaly take to get to europe/delivered?

3- Does this ESC cutout the engine power suddenly like the MX2 or is it gradual so you can tell your battery is going flat before it just stops and crashes?!

THank you so much for your help!!!
Corvalis is offline Find More Posts by Corvalis
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 29, 2012, 07:46 AM
France, Pays de la Loire, Nantes
Joined Sep 2010
174 Posts
Someone use a 15x6? How was the fight?
alex_007 is offline Find More Posts by alex_007
Old Mar 29, 2012, 09:47 AM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,436 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvalis View Post
WOW, Thanks a LOT!!! That really helped

I have some other questions for your guys...

1- Does anyone know if and when this plane is due in the european warehouse???
Not to sure! They Prob well after/if sales are good!

2- If ordered to the international warehouse, how long does it normaly take to get to europe/delivered?
I'm on the 6th week now! (Canada). Customs has had it not for 5 days! Unless they released it to the post with out stated, its still sitting waiting to be reviewed!

3- Does this ESC cutout the engine power suddenly like the MX2 or is it gradual so you can tell your battery is going flat before it just stops and crashes?!

Thank you so much for your help!!!
More then likely it well, if its the same ESC? Not sure if it is or not! But ive read itsthe same elec's
If the ESC comes with a instructions on Programming, may be a good idea to Program it it "Soft Cutoff"
I have a 80A Plush coming, which i have a Programming card for!
Also adding a 5A BEC.

Do you think a 3A bec would do? Just curious!
Eastcoast78 is online now Find More Posts by Eastcoast78
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Eastcoast78; Mar 29, 2012 at 06:45 PM.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 06:35 PM
Akron, Ohio
Joined Nov 2005
426 Posts
An instruction sheet is included. The brand of the ESC is Topfire if that tells you anything. I've added a BEC to mine just in case. Looking forward to a maiden this weekend. Will try to get video.
Aerobatman is offline Find More Posts by Aerobatman
Old Mar 29, 2012, 07:10 PM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,436 Posts
Sweet, Looking forward to more vids and Pic's

I wonder if Customs are setting it up for me! 5 days now! ;0(

Good luck on the Maiden!
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 29, 2012, 07:50 PM
United States, AZ, Peoria
Joined Aug 2010
1,009 Posts
Are there any videos out of this plane being flown 3D style? Not meaning to be sarcastic but the only videos I have been finding is the plane being flown around in a rather conservative fashion that any non 3D plane would be capable of.
I would like to see what this planes 3D capabilities are in stock form before I commit to buy.
flydown is offline Find More Posts by flydown
Old Mar 29, 2012, 10:46 PM
STATUS TUNING
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Dec 2010
293 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flydown View Post
Are there any videos out of this plane being flown 3D style? Not meaning to be sarcastic but the only videos I have been finding is the plane being flown around in a rather conservative fashion that any non 3D plane would be capable of.
I would like to see what this planes 3D capabilities are in stock form before I commit to buy.
Its not 3d stock, the supplied servos are slow and weak.

im happy to take a vid but i generally fly with my wife who like me cant be assed filming for self gratification :P
STATUS is offline Find More Posts by STATUS
Old Mar 29, 2012, 11:05 PM
Joined Aug 2010
1,009 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by STATUS View Post
Its not 3d stock, the supplied servos are slow and weak.

im happy to take a vid but i generally fly with my wife who like me cant be assed filming for self gratification :P
Taken directly from the Hobby King website:

"The servos are pre-installed, the elevator/rudder servos being standard size with plenty of torque for aggressive 3D maneuvers"
Last edited by flydown; Mar 30, 2012 at 12:53 AM.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 12:33 AM
Pro RC Boneyard Developer
Canada, BC, Arrow Creek
Joined Jan 2012
177 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_007 View Post
Someone use a 15x6? How was the fight?
Alex, I tested a 15x6 and it drew a whopping 95A, can't remember the watts but they were up there. You'd toast everything up front in no time under continued use. I only ran it 20-30 seconds and could feel the heat emanating from the cowl, both ESC and engine were substantially hot.

Regards...
teknokraze is offline Find More Posts by teknokraze
Old Mar 30, 2012, 12:47 AM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,436 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by teknokraze View Post
Alex, I tested a 15x6 and it drew a whopping 95A, can't remember the watts but they were up there. You'd toast everything up front in no time under continued use. I only ran it 20-30 seconds and could feel the heat emanating from the cowl, both ESC and engine were substantially hot.

Regards...
Thats is alot hey! what you think a 14x8 well draw? I got 2 coming, they are wood, which are lighter, so im hoping the 80A well hold!
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 30, 2012, 12:56 AM
Pro RC Boneyard Developer
Canada, BC, Arrow Creek
Joined Jan 2012
177 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastcoast78 View Post
Thats is alot hey! what you think a 14x8 well draw? I got 2 coming, they are wood, which are lighter, so im hoping the 80A well hold!
Nuttin' for it but to test when they come. Depends on how light and efficient they are. I just bought a true APC 13x8E prop (non-copy) that I haven't tested yet so I'm curious as to how well that compares to the original 13x8 it comes with. Will be very interested in how your Ultra-light wood 14x8s do.

Regards...
teknokraze is offline Find More Posts by teknokraze
Old Mar 30, 2012, 01:12 AM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,436 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by teknokraze View Post
Nuttin' for it but to test when they come. Depends on how light and efficient they are. I just bought a true APC 13x8E prop (non-copy) that I haven't tested yet so I'm curious as to how well that compares to the original 13x8 it comes with. Will be very interested in how your Ultra-light wood 14x8s do.

Regards...
yea me too! A freind has a Watt Meter, ill have to make a connector and give
it a few test.
From some of the comments onHK, itseems the lightness and being nicly balaces helps.

"Well balanced, soft, light, low price and efficient. It reduces current about 5-10 %, due to its light weight and good balance.
My test condition is APL30-14T (815 kv, 139g) brushless motor.
APC Type 14X8 shows 42A, but this 14X8 wood prop shows 39A. I am really satisfied."

"Strong ,light and balanced. Perfect for Turnigy SK 50/55. On 5s pulls 72amp 1260watts and 9K rpm. They also look good.
"

I'll post the test results!
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 30, 2012, 07:07 AM
STATUS TUNING
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Dec 2010
293 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flydown View Post
Taken directly from the Hobby King website:

"The servos are pre-installed, the elevator/rudder servos being standard size with plenty of torque for aggressive 3D maneuvers"
if you want a killer 3d plane go balsa if you want a capable 3d plane swap out the servos and run a light 2650 or so lipo.... its so damn cheap who really cares ijm tempted to buy a few just for spares.

it gets flown about 3 times a week now and all my big name gassers are getting dusty as i cbf'd going to the field.
STATUS is offline Find More Posts by STATUS
Old Mar 30, 2012, 09:01 AM
Joined Aug 2010
1,009 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by STATUS View Post
if you want a killer 3d plane go balsa if you want a capable 3d plane swap out the servos and run a light 2650 or so lipo.... its so damn cheap who really cares ijm tempted to buy a few just for spares.

it gets flown about 3 times a week now and all my big name gassers are getting dusty as i cbf'd going to the field.
Any recommendations as to which servos would be an inexpensive upgraded replacement that fit well for 3D.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 10:39 AM
Akron, Ohio
Joined Nov 2005
426 Posts
All this talk about the stock servos being crap, hmm not too sure about that. The elevator and rudder are 24g. I've yet to fly mine but on testing they seem to center well and have enough torque for me. I did a test of holding the elevator and rudder by hand and working the sticks = the whole plane moved and the servos whined but did their work. IF they do turn out to be troublesome I'll replace with something stronger.
Aerobatman is offline Find More Posts by Aerobatman