HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 11, 2012, 12:45 AM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,617 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerobatman View Post
I tested with an older abused Gens Ace 4000 4s and got 850 watts or so, 58 amps.
The 975 watt test was done with a Gens Ace 3300 25c lipo. About a year old now which I usually fly in an FMS Mustang. Probably about 25 cycles on it.
Thanks for the info on the rating of the batterys and your testing! Its just a waiting game for me now! Ic the USA warehouse ships to Canada now! but the shipping rates are nuts...
Eastcoast78 is offline Find More Posts by Eastcoast78
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 11, 2012, 05:23 PM
Home of A-10 - Farmingdale NY
United States, NH, Londonderry
Joined Dec 2006
936 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerobatman View Post
I tested with an older abused Gens Ace 4000 4s and got 850 watts or so, 58 amps.
The 975 watt test was done with a Gens Ace 3300 25c lipo. About a year old now which I usually fly in an FMS Mustang. Probably about 25 cycles on it.
There's a reason why alot of people swear by the Gens Ace Lipos..they are very underrated. They are known to be one of the best bang for the buck Lipo brands around.

-mike-
boiko is offline Find More Posts by boiko
Last edited by boiko; Mar 12, 2012 at 12:50 PM.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 07:36 PM
STATUS TUNING
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Dec 2010
293 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boiko View Post
There's a reason why alot of people swear by the Gens Ace Lipos..they are very underrated. They are known to be one of the best bang for the buck Lipo brands around.

-mike-
Yeah my original tests were done with ACTIVE packs which ive since discovered are a bit tired;

My original results with the active packs with std motor and prop was 568 watts and 46A, std motor with 15x8 1007 watts 75 amps via E-Flite watt meter.

With new packs it gives very much the same results as the ones on the previuos page.
STATUS is offline Find More Posts by STATUS
Old Mar 13, 2012, 10:49 PM
Joined Dec 2006
864 Posts
well have had 16 9 min flights over the last four days and now starting to get the hang of flying her had great session also with a mate who has a carbon z yak and another who has an mx2 it was epic
well anyway got my smoke system today am going out to test it later
will make a better mount later as I will most likely get the bigger cartridges next time
iceaxe is offline Find More Posts by iceaxe
Old Mar 13, 2012, 11:00 PM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,617 Posts
Looks cool, So you light them and then take off? WOuld be cool to get some footage! This thread needs some life!! lol

I.e videos and pictures!!

HK dropped mine off to the HK post last friday, still no tracking info...im not even sure if it has left Asia yet.

Can anyone remember when you would click on your tracking number then it would bring you to HK post page and it would say when it left HK for its destination?

Im not sure if they changed that or what!

My other order of batterys/Prop and a Master Airscrew Propeller Balance Stand and it got to customs yesterday which is kinda fast for SwissPost lol It left the same day!!
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 14, 2012, 02:10 AM
Joined Dec 2006
864 Posts
I have a remote starter setup for them but need to make up a switch to operate the igniter so will Luke at doing that on the weekend
Old Mar 14, 2012, 03:31 AM
Joined Nov 2008
250 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastcoast78 View Post

HK dropped mine off to the HK post last friday, still no tracking info...im not even sure if it has left Asia yet.

Can anyone remember when you would click on your tracking number then it would bring you to HK post page and it would say when it left HK for its destination?

Im not sure if they changed that or what!
I think it's normal for the tracking number to take a few days to become active. Mine was shipped "international air parcel" or something like that, basicly the cheapest option which turned out to be handled by SingPost. Here's the timeline:

Feb 6: Paid
March 1: Shipped
March 6: In transit from origin (ie. arrived Singapore)
March 10: Handover to airline (ie. left Singapore)
March 12: Arrived Norway
March 13: Released from customs
so it should be at my local post office either today or tomorrow.

I think the tracking number was active when the parcel arrived Singpore, ie. 5 days after shipment form HK.

This is by far my worst order from HK with respect to handling/shipping time. But the order was placed not long after chinese new year, and it also included another plane and a handfull of small items.
knutb is offline Find More Posts by knutb
Old Mar 14, 2012, 03:40 AM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,617 Posts
cool ,crap thats a long time form Feb6, till March1st. Their New year Prob had something to do with that. And i think there still trying to pick up the slack from it.

Seeing its a big box, maybe that moves slower then the smaller boxed items like my Batterys, which is in Canada already! Thing i like about Swisspost, when you click on your # it directs you to swisspost site with fairly up to date tracking.
I have a feeling im not going to see anything till Customs gets it here and i track it via Canada Post website!

Cheers
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 14, 2012, 04:00 AM
Joined Dec 2006
864 Posts
well tried the blue smoke was ok on the ground but only just visible in the air but it was blowing hard but the 104 set up is really only for slow fly models
I will have a go with the bigger 105 setup and see and if that's no good then I will investigate what ever I can find as I want my sbach to have a full on smoke system
Old Mar 14, 2012, 05:51 AM
Joined Feb 2012
7 Posts
I love this forum - and thanks a lot for all your information. It is worth gold.! :-)

What battery connectors are there on the ESC as standard.?
Should I use this: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...2pcs_bag_.html
to put this battery on the model: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Lipo_Pack.html

?? :-/
kcdkbike is offline Find More Posts by kcdkbike
Old Mar 14, 2012, 07:03 PM
Pro RC Boneyard Developer
Canada, BC, Arrow Creek
Joined Jan 2012
178 Posts
kcdkbike, you won't need any adapter to use that battery, same 4mm connectors on the plane as standard.

Check the last picture without the canopy on the Product Page.

Regards...
teknokraze is offline Find More Posts by teknokraze
Old Mar 15, 2012, 04:57 AM
Joined Dec 2006
864 Posts
well flew again with smoke this time used two cartridges orange and red and this time it was cool was about 5.30 pm and full overcast but was easily visible and cool flying around especially when performing a hammerhead so now I am going to order the 105 cartridges which are a higher volume and burn for four min and get only purple orange and red
Old Mar 15, 2012, 05:43 AM
Joined Feb 2012
7 Posts
Thanks Teknokraze.

... and I can (suddenly) see the 4mm connectors on the black/white/red model pics - which is the one I want to buy ;-)

Regards :-)
kcdkbike is offline Find More Posts by kcdkbike
Old Mar 17, 2012, 09:19 AM
Joined Mar 2011
50 Posts
Hello flyers
Im thinking about getting me this plane, but also want to buy a pilot to put in the cockpit, in what size should the pilot be? Do you have a link to pilots that fit?
So for the servos what needs an upgrade? Any suggestions to reliable ones?
Thanks
balleklorin1972 is offline Find More Posts by balleklorin1972
Old Mar 17, 2012, 10:21 AM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,617 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by balleklorin1972 View Post
Hello flyers
Im thinking about getting me this plane, but also want to buy a pilot to put in the cockpit, in what size should the pilot be? Do you have a link to pilots that fit?
So for the servos what needs an upgrade? Any suggestions to reliable ones?
Thanks
This is the pilot i got coming, its in the related/combo list when on the planes page!
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/s...idProduct=3819

And i think the Ailerons servos might be a little on the weak side so i got these coming with he plane
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/s...idProduct=9814

I think for normal flying the Rudd and elev servos well hold up, but once i get the plane(been shipped now for 2 weeks and still cant track it, have no idea where the hell it is) ill check them out and replace them with some Standard size servos. RubN posted many times here on the standard servos he purchaced!
RCG Plus Member