HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 13, 2012, 01:43 AM
REAL old new guy!
United States, HI
Joined Jul 2011
491 Posts
Discussion
Backlight Spectrum DX6i

Yeah I bought a DX6i. Sure is difficult for me to read the screen. You'd think Horizon Hobby would make the backlight so it is easier to read. Heck you can buy a Turnigy 9X for under 50 bucks with a more readable backlight.
So far I've seen a backlight conversion kit for the DX6i for $59.99. Even If I got a cheaper one I'm scared to go into a TX and make changes.
To me Horizon should recall the DX6i's and make them right! I paid $159 for mine.
Dakine48 is offline Find More Posts by Dakine48
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 13, 2012, 06:56 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
I totally agree with you on this.

I as well have a DX6I, and I find it is difficult to visually read and even go through the set, butthat is me.

I Also would love to Modify a backlight I think the kits are way over priced, and possably a online site that has these backlight papers can be found, I seen a video where LEDS were used .

but hey till then I will just use my DX5E for now and still work on learning the DX6I
fishycomics is offline Find More Posts by fishycomics
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 13, 2012, 11:11 AM
United States, Mt, Libby
Joined Nov 2007
1,421 Posts
I don't know about the DX6i, but with the DX7 you can adjust the contrast of the screen to make it easier to read.
Why should Horizon recall it? You knew it wasn't a backlit screen when you bought it. That's like saying you want a seventh channel and Horizon should recall it add that feature.
Herman Munster is offline Find More Posts by Herman Munster