Old Jan 12, 2012, 03:56 PM
PA
Joined Dec 2003
2,275 Posts
Contest
CAMS-Polecat-Soaring Circuits 2K12 ALES Open Soar

2K12 ALES OPEN SOAR

June 8th, 9th and 10th

Three days of true flat land soaring at the beautiful Carlisle Aeromodelers field near Carlisle, PA. Friday June 8th is practice day, Saturday June 9th and Sunday June 10th are two days of ALES soaring competition. We try to finish by 3:00 on Sunday so that folks with a trip home can get a good start. Trophies awarded both days of competition plus Overall Trophies. ALES rules can be found on the newly formed ALES League web site found here http://www.ales-league.org/ This contest will also count for League points and will likely be one of the largest, if not the largest this year.

Friday the field will be open for practice all day. No food or drinks provided on Friday. Saturday will be the first day of competition and Coffee and Donuts will be there for you in the morning, a grilled lunch is provided complete with sides (Yes Aurele, that will include Miss Peggy's baked beans:-) Saturday evening after trophy presentation there will be either a BBQ OR, If we get enough registrations I will look in to another full blown pig roast!! Former attendees of the Polecat Challenge have requested the return of the pig roast but it requires a certain number of people to be practical. Sunday you will once again be provided with coffee and donuts in the morning and another excellent lunch. Both days there will be bottled water available all day long and sodas with the meals. There is no formal charge for all this food, simply a donation jar at meal time. Pilots meeting 9:00 AM Saturday.

Directions to the field and pics of the site and some of last years contest can be found at www.carlisleaeromodelers.com. There is not a collector car event this weekend so motels will be readily available and very reasonable. Hotel/motel info can be found here http://www.carsatcarlisle.com/visitors/lodging.asp . On site camping is permitted but there are no facilities. Off site camping only a few miles away can be found here http://dogwoodcamping.com/ .

Once again I will organize the largest raffle that I can muster up. This raffle will be for Registered participants only and you will recieve a ticket for the raffle included with your registration. WE expect this to be the Premier ALES contest of the year.

Register here: http://2k12opensoar.eventbrite.com

16 signed up already, looks like the pig roast will be a go! Raffle starting to form with the acquisition of a Polecat WindDancer III e-sailplane and a Polecat Oracle!!!! Ya gotta love that.
dennymaize is offline Find More Posts by dennymaize
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 13, 2012, 03:31 PM
powered by caffine
Akron, New York
Joined May 2004
856 Posts
just signed up Denny!!
FredM is offline Find More Posts by FredM
Old Jan 14, 2012, 09:22 AM
United States, PA, Perry
Joined Apr 2002
483 Posts
It'll be good to see you in Carlisle again Freddie. Bill G.
Hawksnest is offline Find More Posts by Hawksnest
Old Jan 14, 2012, 09:41 AM
Flying = Falling (Slowly)
Tulsa, OK
Joined May 2004
2,420 Posts
Pending the outcome of a bit of surgery I am having done shortly, I will be attending.

Happy Landings,

Don
dharban is online now Find More Posts by dharban
Old Jan 14, 2012, 11:09 AM
PA
Joined Dec 2003
2,275 Posts
Hey Don, Kool Beans! Glad to hear you may be attending. We need all the help we can get to fend off the Canadian Invasion!!!!!!!!! One helpful hint though, get to the bean pot before Aurele does when it's lunch time:-)
dennymaize is offline Find More Posts by dennymaize
Old Jan 14, 2012, 11:30 AM
Flying = Falling (Slowly)
Tulsa, OK
Joined May 2004
2,420 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennymaize View Post
Hey Don, Kool Beans! Glad to hear you may be attending. We need all the help we can get to fend off the Canadian Invasion!!!!!!!!! One helpful hint though, get to the bean pot before Aurele does when it's lunch time:-)
Eat more beans!

Generate more lift!

Happy Landings,

Don
dharban is online now Find More Posts by dharban
Old Jan 14, 2012, 12:07 PM
United States, PA, Perry
Joined Apr 2002
483 Posts
OK, I vote for two bean pots this year. I'll tell Peg, that way Denny won't get smacked.
Hawksnest is offline Find More Posts by Hawksnest
Old Jan 14, 2012, 05:41 PM
W0X0F
USA, TX, Houston
Joined Nov 2005
1,002 Posts
C'ya in June Denny.
IBWALT is offline Find More Posts by IBWALT
Old Jan 15, 2012, 10:08 AM