Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 12, 2012, 02:10 PM
Joined Jan 2012
2 Posts
Help!
rc boats

I want to get my husband an rc boat (I think I want the hydro style) the one that looks like a drag boat, but have no clue where to start. Checked internet and all I basically found was the "exceed" 49" boats...have a26cc gas?? Can anyone tell me if these are worth a flip, and if not, what brand or website can I visit to get other ideas..price range I am looking for is $500-$1000. Also, would you suggest I get just a frame (and where), or a ARTR. My husband is very knowledgable about boat racing engines, but I don't know where to start. I don't want to get a $500.00 starter, then find out I could have gotten something twice as nice for $800.00?? Any ideas would be appreciated!!
lakegirl is offline Find More Posts by lakegirl
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 12, 2012, 02:39 PM
Wilmington, N.C.
Joined Jan 2008
203 Posts
For that kind of $ , Take a look at warehouse hobbies. You can get a new rtr gas boat for less than that. They are a very reputable builder and you cant go wrong with there set ups. Sport or serious speed ,you can depend on there knowledge
darkseacret is offline Find More Posts by darkseacret
Old Jan 12, 2012, 03:00 PM
Joined Jan 2012
2 Posts
Thanks, I'll check them out...I am overwhelmed with the possibilities..I may have to break down and just ask my husband LOL He drove a drag boat back in his younger days, and now sponsers a pro mod drag boat, so I know he will want the rc boat to race....
lakegirl is offline Find More Posts by lakegirl
Old Jan 12, 2012, 04:17 PM
How high will it go?
Greenwood Lake NY
Joined Oct 2003
2,660 Posts
Nobody really makes an rc drag boat. Check out rcdragboats.com. most of them are custom built.
antslake is offline Find More Posts by antslake
Old Jan 12, 2012, 07:25 PM
Kansas
Joined Dec 2005
183 Posts
Sign up on Jims www.jrcbd.com and hit the sale section for a good used boat, you will be better off buying used than trying to find a quality gas hydro new for that price range
toyotatruckin is offline Find More Posts by toyotatruckin
Old Jan 12, 2012, 10:37 PM
RC boat Rock Star
Kalamazoo, MI
Joined Apr 2004
2,883 Posts
Avoid the Exceed boats like the plague and spend your money on something better.
I've got one called the Drag Cat which is basically a catamaran but has the drag racing looks. It's kind of for sale but I hate crating and shipping.
Ron Olson is offline Find More Posts by Ron Olson