HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 12, 2012, 03:44 AM
California
Joined Nov 2009
144 Posts
Discussion
Why one of 6 Motor Delayed start???

Guys,

One motor on my Hex always delay in start and I have calibrated the throttle range many time it's the same. Then notice one funny thing, after 6 time arming the motor after plugging in the battery, it will spin up all together and every time all six motors will start together.

Then once I put it a fresh battery, it will require 6 time arming the motors, then it will all start together again.

I have soldiered the connections for that motor again, didn't help.

Anyone one have a remedy for this problem??

At the moment, my hexa have a oscillation and I am suspecting that delay start motor is causing the problem, as it have a slower RPM then other motors, the hexa is compensating for the slower motor.
quadman is offline Find More Posts by quadman
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 12, 2012, 04:15 AM
My Goshawk is awesome :)
United Kingdom, Stevenage
Joined Sep 2010
207 Posts
what flight controller are you using and ESC's, this info may help us provide some detailed advice for you.

I would try and reset and recalibrate your ESC's, they are different and may need the freshold set higher to give you that uniformal start.

Have you tried the motor on a different esc to see if the fault follows th emotor or stays with the esc ?

i hope we can shed some light on it for you, it is frustrating i know.

Good luck
Sebbie is offline Find More Posts by Sebbie
Old Jan 12, 2012, 03:53 PM
California
Joined Nov 2009
144 Posts
Thanks, I am using WooKong.

I already tried a different motor, no luck. Might buy another ESC to see what happen.
quadman is offline Find More Posts by quadman
Old Jan 12, 2012, 08:35 PM
Joined Apr 2006
1,220 Posts
try this..it work on my quad, not sure bout hex..
go to your sub trim menu, increase or decrease that channel...as if your centering a servo..
barok is offline Find More Posts by barok
Old Jan 12, 2012, 08:41 PM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,251 Posts
Hi,
Do you get the same delay when you swap a motor on that ESC? You symptoms indicate a problem with that motor ESC. Do they all stop at the same time, or does the one that starts last stop first?
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Mega Link Index
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Old Jan 12, 2012, 09:18 PM
manual flying apologist
United States, CA, Fresno
Joined Mar 2011
6,942 Posts
Do you use a y cable to calibrate or do you connect throttle cables to the RX
Adidas4275 is offline Find More Posts by Adidas4275