HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 12, 2012, 02:46 AM
222 km/hr Parkjet flyer
Latvia / UK visits
Joined Jan 2010
8,318 Posts
Discussion
$80 Radar Gun

In a couple of Hobby King videos - Don mentions and uses a radar gun ... ie Parkjet high speed mod video is one ...

I've looked on HK site and cannot find the RG ... which he himself mentions is $80. Judging by that parkjet videop - it also works .... unlike the RG I found via another site and RCmodelreviews looked at - that is very poor and needs model flown at it VERY close to work .. too close in fact.

Anyone any idea where this elusive HK radar gun is ?
solentlife is offline Find More Posts by solentlife
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 12, 2012, 08:46 PM
Canada, ON, Markham
Joined Aug 2008
8,785 Posts
Have you looked into this one?

http://www.bushnell.com/products/oth...ed-gun/101901/

I've used it for sporting events, but never for RC stuff.
wparsons is offline Find More Posts by wparsons
Old Jan 13, 2012, 03:39 AM
Really?!?
Lost ...on the 3rd rock out
Joined Sep 2001
1,235 Posts
The Busnell works OK. I have had one for five years or so. You have to get the plane flying directly at it, which can be somewhat intimidating.

The biggest thing is that when I bought it, I ran around shooting everything, then the "neatness" wore off and now it just takes space in a drawer doing nothing.

Good club investment, but not personal IMHO.

Chris
ChrisS is offline Find More Posts by ChrisS
Old Feb 22, 2012, 11:29 PM
United States, Mt, Libby
Joined Nov 2007
1,412 Posts
I've got the Bushnell RG and found if you place it up to your face and sight down it like you would a gun, it works very good and doesn't require the plane flying directly at it. I am able to stand at the pilots station and clock planes flying directly down runway center line and even on the far side of runway
Herman Munster is offline Find More Posts by Herman Munster
Old Feb 25, 2012, 06:39 AM
Aka: Tom Jenkins
Palm Beach County, Fl.
Joined Aug 2008
4,387 Posts
Have you considered the RcSpeedo app for $3.00? It matched my eagletree how fast within 1mph several times.
ApexAero is online now Find More Posts by ApexAero