Closed Thread
Old Jan 12, 2012, 12:26 AM
User Extraordinaire
Davao, Philippines
Joined Apr 2007
1,041 Posts
Discussion
S-606 Aerial photography combo/TMF Pro FC

Since Taiwan is just a stones throw somewhere North of the Philippines, I'm glad to say that this is the fastest delivery I had to date. I ordered it Monday, shipped the same day, arrived in my local post office this morning. Now it's with me.

http://www.infinity-hobby.com/main/p...oducts_id=7738

I just wanna share my findings with this combo.

1. All ordered items accounted for with record time delivery.

2. No 6 in 1 pre-soldered power connector. I hate soldering. I was hoping for something like this, but 6 in 1. Oh well.
http://www.infinity-hobby.com/main/p...oducts_id=7736

***Please include a 6in1 power connector. Or at least let me buy it.***

I'm still to assemble it. Before I do, I need to hook up the electronics, and it just gave me a headache thinking soldering up that pesky 6 in 1 power connector. I should have went with the S-604 & the 4 in 1 power connector, that would have made it plug & play. Buy those motors from HK with pre soldered female connectors, except for the esc bullets, all plug & play.

We are the ARF/RTF generation, C'mon!

Besides, lead is poisonous, the lesser you handle it the better.
batusaix is offline Find More Posts by batusaix
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 14, 2012, 11:30 PM
User Extraordinaire
Davao, Philippines
Joined Apr 2007
1,041 Posts
Well, I can say I handled lead well. Not.

I've never soldered so much in my life, this is a first. You just got to love what you hate, and it becomes labor of love. Or something like that.

Pic before I power it up, my solder joints better hold. Or, I hope I wired it correctly.

Notes:

- So far that is the best wiring job I can do.

- My aluminum square booms deformed a tiny bit when I tightened(most definitely too much) the FG motor mounts.

- The cam gimbal has a flaw. Hard to explain. The main pivot attachment for roll axis is too long, you need to dremel off both ends by about 1/8th inch. It's a pretty & light cam/gimbal btw.

- FG plates I'd say is a bit thin, it's lighter, I compare this to a X525 V3 quad frame I have. You can see slight indentations when you tighten screws hard(good hard) on this hex frame.

- One of the 6 motors wouldn't turn, good I bought a spare. I opened up the motor & found a metal shard stuck in the magnets, took it out and now it's turning free. I have a spare motor.

I'm still to power it up and do an individual ESC calibration. Fingers crossed.
Last edited by batusaix; Jan 15, 2012 at 03:07 AM.
Old Jan 15, 2012, 04:59 AM
User Extraordinaire
Davao, Philippines
Joined Apr 2007
1,041 Posts
No matter how I look at it, it's still a horrible mesh of wires.

I was wondering why I never bothered to check this:
http://www.infinity-hobby.com/main/p...oducts_id=7841

Then I remembered, I wanted to put the lipo on top for easy access, and wanted a clean camera gimbal below, if I piggy back it to my FC, then the lipo mount, I thought that it would be too high.

Redesigning it in my head, another option was two lipos on each landing gear hooked up in parallel would have solved my problem.

I just wish it was included in the combo, for the sake that it is so crucial, rather than rig a 6in1 wire loom from scratch.
Last edited by batusaix; Jan 15, 2012 at 05:09 AM.
Old Jan 16, 2012, 11:14 AM
User Extraordinaire
Davao, Philippines
Joined Apr 2007
1,041 Posts
I got nasty vibes from those POS prop adapters.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 11:47 AM
User Extraordinaire
Davao, Philippines
Joined Apr 2007
1,041 Posts
I did a maiden hover just this morning.

Hexacopter - First Hover (2 min 14 sec)

Notes:

- Buy 3.17mm prop adaptor, only one of the 7 prop adaptors I had was centered. Better yet, buy new motors. For a 4 minute hover, the motors & esc's are already HOT.
I've since reprogrammed the esc to low timing, heat is still more or less the same.

The power combo is insufficient on 10x4.5, the combo is probably Ok on 8x4's.
For additional load carrying capabilities on 10x4.5, a motor/esc upgrade is needed.

- There is flex in the motor mount even with this small motor. A double mount like a Y6 or X8 would significantly lessen the flex, therefore lowering vibration.

- I like the arming & disarming sequence.

The only reason I got this was the combo value. For 100 bucks more I could have gotten the 500x with a Naza, then add the camera gimbal/landing gear. Or do what I've done, get more powerful motors & esc. Give or take, overall cost is about the same.
Plus it's a hexa as compared to quad.
Last edited by batusaix; Jan 22, 2012 at 12:16 PM.
Old Jan 23, 2012, 04:21 AM
User Extraordinaire
Davao, Philippines
Joined Apr 2007
1,041 Posts
I got it dialed in.
Old Jan 23, 2012, 07:33 PM
User Extraordinaire
Davao, Philippines
Joined Apr 2007
1,041 Posts
Payload & Gimbal Test.

Hexa Payload/Gimbal Test (4 min 30 sec)
Old Feb 03, 2012, 03:39 AM
User Extraordinaire
Davao, Philippines
Joined Apr 2007
1,041 Posts
I just velcroed the Gopro in place.

This combo works.

ComeFlyWithMeTV - Madrazo Compound (4 min 50 sec)
Closed Thread