SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 11, 2012, 09:35 PM
tournot
Joined Nov 2011
1 Posts
Discussion
Wing dragon 300

Got this plane for christmas.. My first plane... Reciver went out on the first flight,,,, did not even get it off the ground,,,, I cant get the trim set and now the connectors from the esc to the motor have some how come unsoldered....
Yep yep looks like things are going really bad and I have not even crashed it it because I have not even flown it yet. It was purchased from banana hobby and of course the contact info on the website is useless.
Can anybody help me with these issues? Maybe some suggestion on a motor esc upgrade heck who knows
Tournot97 is offline Find More Posts by Tournot97
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 12, 2012, 04:56 AM
An itch?. Scratch build.
South Wales U.K.
Joined Mar 2003
13,795 Posts
Sorry to hear your problems, I have never had a Wing Dragon myself, but if you scroll this page a little further you should see the 'Similar Threads' list, (it lists threads with similar titles). Perhaps one of those threads will give you more information.

Generally if the model comes with Nimh type batteries, (as against Lipo), then Nimh batteries need cycling a few times, (charging a discharging a bit, not right down to flat), it improves their capability to give out much better performance. If it does say, Lipo fitted, then they do not need cycling.

Some of the lower powered models fly better from a hand launch than from a take-off.

Welcome to RCGroups, hope one of the threads below helps. (Do take care - RC flying can become very addictive, you have been warned )
eflightray is offline Find More Posts by eflightray
Old Jan 12, 2012, 06:49 PM
Lost but making good time
Joined Nov 2008
1,345 Posts
Tournot97,

http://www.parkflyers.com/Wing_Dragon_300_p/2600.htm

Is this your airplane?

Regards,

Hankg
hankg is offline Find More Posts by hankg
Old Jan 12, 2012, 06:57 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
wing dragon 300 thread

Customer Support: 1-626-373-2288

Tech Support: 1-626-373-2288

http://www.bananahobby.com/support.html#contact

Sorry t ohear that, as I am lookingto purchase a new plane, and this was one of the one's I wanted.

They are online now to chat upper left corner, and numbers to call.

I contact them talk to them, and am sure they'll replace the plane.

To hear wires popping off were you tugging on the batt plug any type of force?
fishycomics is offline Find More Posts by fishycomics
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 12, 2012, 08:58 PM
United States, NJ, Hillsborough
Joined Sep 2011
3 Posts
I also fell prey to the bandanna hobby claim that this plane is the best trainer ever. It's garbage. My esc burned out on the third flight. You should look at the hobby zone champ. Full package is under $90. Buy a Few extra beatteries for less than $5 each and learn to fly. It's very crash resistant, can be repaired with packing take and hot glue, and is well made. Have fun.
adamcbeder is offline Find More Posts by adamcbeder
Old Apr 17, 2012, 02:30 AM
Joined Apr 2012
6 Posts
I agree that the Champ is definitely the best trainer as it'll survive a ton of crashes, and I would rate the micro sized Trojan T28 from Parkzone as the next step up as it's a 4ch plane with high durability.

Though I do own the Wing Dragon 300 myself and I'm one of the lucky ones who never had any problem with the electronics. As a novice I learned how to fly through this puppy. I've made some horrible crashes, once I hit a cable 3 stories tall and the plane came head down on cement floor, and the canopy is still in one piece! I bought a spare fuselage but after a dozen crashes I'm getting good control over the plane and I don't think I'll need to use the spare for a while.

The vertical stabilizer came off its mount pretty early on so I had to glue it in place instead of relying on the two little screws, but other than that the plane never gave me problems after crashes.

With the flared wings on 3 channel mode it flies like a nimble glider that loves to level itself. I got a ton of confidence flying this way. With the aileron it flies not too different from other high wing like a small Cessna. Though as it gets more maneuverable I noticed it's lack of power. On the plus side I'm getting more than 10 minutes on an 850mah battery.

I do like the plane, though for such simple design it feels like a plane that should cost less. I got it as a present so I have no complaints.
Lanzer is offline Find More Posts by Lanzer