HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 11, 2012, 06:17 PM
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Sep 2008
1,104 Posts
Discussion
Collective Pitch Micro Heli Which One is BEST

I've been flying my Walkera CB100 and Eflite MSR for quite some time now. I'm ready for the next thing. I want to upgrade to a Micro CP. But not sure which one. Any recomendations on MCPx or Genius CP or should I consider others? What is considered the best indoor flying micro CP heli? I think these are the two best brands on the market. I would just like to know who makes the best indoor CP micro heli.

This is probabbly a very subjective topic so make your point as to why you feel your choice is the best.
Fidy$Trainer is offline Find More Posts by Fidy$Trainer
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 11, 2012, 09:16 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,789 Posts
MCPX is highly regarded but I just ordered an RTF Nine Eagles Solo Pro 100D for $100 from Hobby King(USA warehouse) which is CHEAP. Will let you know after I crash it!
shahram72 is offline Find More Posts by shahram72
Old Jan 11, 2012, 09:27 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2007
1,103 Posts
I don't have an mCPX, but do have a couple of Genius CP.
From the limited research that i've done i'd say that they're both equal. It's swings and bridges so to speak.
My only issue with the Genius is the 5 min flight times, but apart from that it's OK.
Username> is offline Find More Posts by Username>
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 11, 2012, 11:04 PM
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Sep 2008
1,104 Posts
Thanks for the info. Keep it coming. I'll check out the Solo. Problem I have with anything but Walkera and Eflite is getting parts. Wow hobbies although not very good cusotmer service are pretty good about stocking parts. Eflite and Horizon Hobby are masters of customer service and they aslo stock parts. I just think thier products are engineered a bit smarter. Comparing the CB100 and MSR for example. You would think the CB100 is 100x better and although it flies a little better and certainly looks better and is made out of nicer parts. I would take the MSR over it because when I hit a wall 20x it doesnt break. At least mine hasnt but I've probabbly spent close to $100 on parts for my CB100. Sitting on my desk the CB100 certainly looks nicer. I never knew how much durabilty meant to me until I had to start fixing my CB100 on such a frequent bases.
Fidy$Trainer is offline Find More Posts by Fidy$Trainer
Old Jan 11, 2012, 11:29 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,486 Posts
I prefer the Genius. It's been extremely durable and performs very well. I've had it for two months and have not replaced a thing yet, despite numerous crashes. My only complaint is a battery charge only lasts about 4 minutes.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Jan 12, 2012, 12:09 AM
Tokyo
Joined Jan 2010
700 Posts
Another vote for the genius. I crash a lot and it is very durable. I had to replace the tail motor but it was a very hard direct hit with the refrigerator so that was my fault. It is easy to mod and upgrade and I'm currently in the process of going brushless. I also like the devo 6 radio that I got it with, the touchscreen makes programming super easy.

The genius flies like a larger heli and doesn't have the toyish-looking vertically mounted rx which I try to avoid (solo pro, mcpx, etc.). It also uses real servos which I like.
bytemuncher is offline Find More Posts by bytemuncher
Old Jan 12, 2012, 12:25 AM
Joined Feb 2008
255 Posts
With regards to the Genius CP's low battery life: isn't that common for most recent micro-sized FBL helis? I've read that the mSR X and mCP X also have a battery life of 4-5 minutes. Does anyone know what the new Walkera Mini CP's battery life is?
Zoide is offline Find More Posts by Zoide
Old Jan 12, 2012, 01:21 AM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,486 Posts
I'm sure the battery life is quite representative of all micro sized CP helis. The head speed is quite high and the servos are working constantly. I may have to accept it, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14