SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 11, 2012, 05:10 PM
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Sep 2008
1,103 Posts
Discussion
Eflite MCPx vs MCPx v2

Guys i noticed that the Eflight MCPx has a new version out. I thought these just came out a couple of months ago now there is a v2.

Does anyone know the diffrence between the original MCPx and the newer v2?
Fidy$Trainer is offline Find More Posts by Fidy$Trainer
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 11, 2012, 06:25 PM
Coaxial to CP? *shrugs*
United States, CA, Laguna Niguel
Joined Nov 2011
924 Posts
From what I understand there's not much of a difference in the way of flying experience, but the things that I've heard have been updated are...

• Board Revision
• New Tail Blade
• Added O-Rings to the Swash

...and that's all I know of. I hope this helps.

-Shane
ShaneXman is offline Find More Posts by ShaneXman
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 11, 2012, 06:27 PM
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Sep 2008
1,103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneXman View Post
From what I understand there's not much of a difference in the way of flying experience, but the things that I've heard have been updated are...

• Board Revision
• New Tail Blade
• Added O-Rings to the Swash

...and that's all I know of. I hope this helps.

-Shane
Thanks every little bit helps just wondering if it's worth the $25 upgrade.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 06:39 PM
Australia...we live inverted.
Joined May 2008
5,409 Posts
If you think you may go BL in the future get the V1!

Lots of guys having vibe and piro stop issues with the V2 board and BL.

Amp
Ampdraw is offline Find More Posts by Ampdraw
Old Jan 11, 2012, 09:04 PM
United States, CA, Rancho Cordova
Joined Jan 2011
3,817 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidy$Trainer View Post
Guys i noticed that the Eflight MCPx has a new version out. I thought these just came out a couple of months ago now there is a v2.

Does anyone know the diffrence between the original MCPx and the newer v2?
$50 from what I can see
barnstorm100 is offline Find More Posts by barnstorm100
Old Jan 11, 2012, 09:55 PM
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Sep 2008
1,103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnstorm100 View Post
$50 from what I can see
I've seen the MCPx for $149 at several diffrent locations and the MCPx v2 for $179. Just not sure which version to get and why they came out with a V2 so quickly after the original makes me think the v2 addressed some engineering issues they didnt get right the first time around.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 09:59 PM
United States, VA, Winchester
Joined Sep 2011
162 Posts
I gotta say at least to me that V2 flys much better than the V1. The new board and whatever else they did to it seem to make it more stable, and it holds elevation better during forward flight and banking turns. The V1 had a horrible issue of the tail going haywire when doing mild flips...even with an extended boom. The V2 seems to have elimated this and even a newbie like me can flip her inverted and hold it steady. Worth the money for me. HH dropped the V1 BNF to $149. The V2 BNF is $179. Worth it to me
lawguy14 is offline Find More Posts by lawguy14
Old Jan 11, 2012, 10:13 PM
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Sep 2008
1,103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawguy14 View Post
I gotta say at least to me that V2 flys much better than the V1. The new board and whatever else they did to it seem to make it more stable, and it holds elevation better during forward flight and banking turns. The V1 had a horrible issue of the tail going haywire when doing mild flips...even with an extended boom. The V2 seems to have elimated this and even a newbie like me can flip her inverted and hold it steady. Worth the money for me. HH dropped the V1 BNF to $149. The V2 BNF is $179. Worth it to me
Great information this is exatcly what I'm looking for. Do you own both just curious how you come by so much info on both? My buddy has the V1 and he had some vibration and tail wagging issues. It also wouldnt hold elevation in turns. Thanks for the info

Guys keep the info coming.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 12:16 AM
United States, CA, Rancho Cordova
Joined Jan 2011
3,817 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawguy14 View Post
I saw BNF V1 for 129 free shipping. Glad to hear you like the V2 because mine should be here Friday. Hope I'm not disappointed.
barnstorm100 is offline Find More Posts by barnstorm100