HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 13, 2012, 06:21 AM
R/C CRASHER
United States, CA, Corona
Joined Dec 2004
854 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjgusmc21 View Post
So, ordered one of these and waiting now for BIS. Will it work with the DX7? Thanks.
Nope
tkoguy is offline Find More Posts by tkoguy
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 13, 2012, 10:30 AM
Uruguay, Soriano, Mercedes
Joined Jun 2011
4 Posts
Hi i have a Futaba 8FG Super and a fatshark dominator googles, but i don't have the cable to connect them. I found this diangram in http://www.immersionrc.com from the manual of TrackR2 ( http://www.immersionrc.com/manuals/TrackR2_Manual.pdf ). Somebody know if this conection is the same for my radio and my googles? Thanks

Guillermo Ponte
Mercedes- Uruguay
South America
malufo is offline Find More Posts by malufo
Old Apr 08, 2012, 03:36 AM
Joined Jun 2009
61 Posts
I also have a Predator headset and want to connect to my Futaba ff8 transmitter (round plug) anyone know where a cable can be purchased or what the JACK plug printouts are on the supplied (turnigy 9x) lead.
I have an adapter cable from my Phoenix flight sim which converts the jack plug to a Futaba round but this may not be the correct jack plug for the Predators so it may blow the Headtracker unit ( or the googles totally!)
Anyone got the same issues?
starjet is offline Find More Posts by starjet
Old Apr 19, 2012, 01:05 AM
Joined Jun 2011
4 Posts
hi,few days ago i test the cable for my goggles fatshark predator and it works fine. I use the connection diagram what i post before.
The goggles takes current from the radio, so you must have the battery with good charge.

Guillermo Ponte
guilleponte@hotmail.com
Mercedes- Uruguay
South America
Old Apr 19, 2012, 01:17 AM
Joined Jun 2011
4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by starjet View Post
I also have a Predator headset and want to connect to my Futaba ff8 transmitter (round plug) anyone know where a cable can be purchased or what the JACK plug printouts are on the supplied (turnigy 9x) lead.
I have an adapter cable from my Phoenix flight sim which converts the jack plug to a Futaba round but this may not be the correct jack plug for the Predators so it may blow the Headtracker unit ( or the googles totally!)
Anyone got the same issues?
hi, i think you can use the same diagram than me, the signals are the same, so it must work.
You can find the connectors in a electronic shop.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 12:42 AM
United States, UT, Draper
Joined Aug 2011
175 Posts
Hopefully this isn't a stupid question... But is this a hardware or software limitation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatshark View Post
Hi CatusJackSlade,
The Aurora 9 doesn't support the head tracker. The Aurora 9 only has selective channel assignment for the 4 primary controls (not for the higher channels 5-9).
Fat Shark
skivvie is offline Find More Posts by skivvie
Old Apr 21, 2012, 02:10 PM
Joined Jun 2011
4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skivvie View Post
Hopefully this isn't a stupid question... But is this a hardware or software limitation?
it's a software limitation, because you need select only channels 5 and 6 in the student mode, the other way when you try to move the camera with the googles, all the rest of the plane lose the control.
I hope you can understandme, sorry for my bad english
Old Apr 29, 2012, 07:53 PM
Bond, Hotglue Bond
Joined Apr 2006
4,140 Posts
I got the cables for most Tx from one of those cheap flight simulators that connects to your own Tx.

You have Futaba old round, Futaba new square, JR, etc.

Got it at HK for 9 bucks.
Tartago is offline Find More Posts by Tartago
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 13, 2012, 06:14 PM
Superior creation science
Roan Mountain, TN
Joined Sep 2008
24 Posts
JR 12X and Fatshark head tracker

I've run up against the same brick wall so far. I have a 12X and a Fatshark head tracker. In my case it's their M.I.G. head tracker but it's the same exact issue. It wants to use channels 5,6,7, or 8 for pan and tilt. From what I can see, the 12X manual seems to indicate that the 12X is setup to only use channels 1-4 for the slave (i.e. trainer) radio.

Also, to use the 12X as a trainer, you have to hold down a spring loaded slider (either the ltrim or rtrim buttons) while the slave has control. And that's not possible to do while you're also trying to fly the plane, even if it could pass the head tracking commands over to channels 5-8.

So unless there's some fancy programming you can do, it doesn't look like my 12X will do the head tracking. The Fatshark has instructions for connecting to the Turnigy. So I might wind up having to buy a Turnigy 9 channel for $78 if I can't get a solution from someone. Oh well. I've already spent a pile on the plane, the OSD system, the FPV kit, etc. "In for a penny, in for a pound, ehh Number One?" as Jean Luc would have said.

At least the Turnigy comes with a rx. (Why was it that I spent all that money for a 12X again? I'm asking myself that right now.)
dougclind is offline Find More Posts by dougclind
Old Sep 29, 2012, 05:20 PM
United States, CT, Norwalk
Joined Nov 2009
273 Posts
Anybody tried use headtracker with Graupner MX-20 ?
I made a cable from german forum but is still need some programming in the radio..

Any hint could be helpful guys
peoples is offline Find More Posts by peoples
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 12, 2012, 12:19 AM
Joined Mar 2010
119 Posts
What about the Aurora 9 using 1-4 for head tracking? I have a second transmitter for gimbal control.

"Hitec Aurora 9 (has selective trainer, but only on 4 primary controls)"

Sounds like it will work.
TioDave is offline Find More Posts by TioDave
Old Oct 17, 2012, 03:20 PM
Live To Fly
Joined Jan 2010
50 Posts
Many videos i see do very little headtracking but rather appear to move the camera in a specific direction now and then. Why not put your pan and tilt servos on sliders on the 12x for now so at least you have the option to look around. cheaper than a new radio for sure. unless you are formation flying or dogfighting i cant imagine that wouldn't be good enough.
rotojon is offline Find More Posts by rotojon