HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 13, 2012, 01:43 AM
Adam RED Weston
Brier, WA
Joined May 2006
540 Posts
I've let Le' Chef know... we'll see what he says!

But seriously, he's had a black bean burger offering in the past... It shouldn't be a big deal.

RED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasLee View Post
Would it be too late to let big Chef Sutton that I'm vegetarian?
RED_HLG is offline Find More Posts by RED_HLG
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 13, 2012, 01:44 AM
Team Hong Kong F3K
Hong Kong
Joined Sep 2010
3,256 Posts
Man I grabbed two of those black bean burgers last time and they're were awesome. If he has them again I'm going to grab at least 3! (I've grown a bit, ok?)
ThomasLee is online now Find More Posts by ThomasLee
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Neos Layups
Old Apr 14, 2012, 12:36 PM
wrong descision, wrong time
United States, WA, Maple Valley
Joined Sep 2010
522 Posts
Im at carnation farm for the contest, but I need the guest gate code. Can someone pm me it?
dumb_thumbs is offline Find More Posts by dumb_thumbs
Old Apr 14, 2012, 09:10 PM
Will fly for food
Bellevue WA,
Joined Dec 2003
7,084 Posts
A wonderful day at KC. I learned much but have much to learn.
Thanks Adam, Jay, Tim, Bret and everyone else. 19 pilots this time, impressive.
davidjensen is offline Find More Posts by davidjensen
Old Apr 15, 2012, 12:56 AM
Blind Hawk
Seattle, WA USA
Joined Dec 2006
1,225 Posts
Booming lift before lunch. Wind picked up and really made you work for it in the afternoon. Lots of great flights by the top shelf fliers, fun to watch. Some rounds I think I'm really getting this figured out then, well, everyone who does this knows how humbling it can be! Can't think of a better way to spend a sunny Saturday, thanks to all who were a part of it.

RdJay
rdjay is online now Find More Posts by rdjay
Old Apr 15, 2012, 01:01 AM
Team Hong Kong F3K
Hong Kong
Joined Sep 2010
3,256 Posts
Has got to be the best Poker round I've ever flown, 120 followed by a 460
Thanks everyone for a great contest.

Thomas
ThomasLee is online now Find More Posts by ThomasLee
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Neos Layups
Old Apr 15, 2012, 09:32 AM
The Great NorthWest
Joined May 2007
1,029 Posts
Hospitality in abundance!

My first DLG contest and I'm so hooked! What a great way to spend a Saturday and I've never been around a more decent group of pilots. Everybody there was very friendly and so helpful. Didn't place very high (didn't enter into it with much for expectations) but I feel I also learned so much. Planning to return next month with hopes of learning more.

Ken
xwingnut is offline Find More Posts by xwingnut
Old Apr 15, 2012, 11:08 AM
Spokane, WA
Joined Mar 2010
84 Posts
Thanks again SASS for putting on a good contest. I really do like the way my TS Disser flies. Unfortunately in round 3 my servo tray broke loose and so I had lots of trouble the next 2 rounds getting it ready to fly again. Thanks for everyone's patience as I did a field repair between rounds. And thanks to Ken for his assistance. I think this was my best contest performance to date, so you know I enjoyed it. :-)
See you guys next time around,
Ben
Swammie is offline Find More Posts by Swammie
Old Apr 15, 2012, 01:19 PM
Auger up & out, not down & in!
United States, ID, Lewiston
Joined Apr 2011
78 Posts
Got home late last nite, slept like a baby! Wow, just did my first contest. I accomplished several goals, over came my fear of flying with others (never seen anybody in person fly dlg's) learned how the game is played (tasks,timing, and scoring), also didn't kill any gliders or injure anybody! I want to thank the SASS club for making me feel at home, lunch was excellent, too many names to remember, I will be back in May! I urge anybody out there that hasn't been to a contest to go, you won't regret it. Thanks again, Tom
IDOF3K is online now Find More Posts by IDOF3K
Old Apr 16, 2012, 12:41 AM
Adam RED Weston
Brier, WA
Joined May 2006
540 Posts
SASS April HLG Results

Thanks everyone for coming out on Saturday... A big thank you to Rick (Jay) for being CD for the contest and to Burton (Alesse) for helping with the set up and scoring, and everything else. Thanks to Bret (Sutton) for cooking a great lunch and to Bruce (Kimball) for sticking around and timing when his plane wouldn't hold a charge. Also thanks to all 19 of you pilots who made it out to the field for a great day of flying!

Here are the results:

Thermals,

RED

PS special thanks to Dave (Banks) for keeping me focused, and blast from the past thanks to Joseph (Conrad) for showing up and spreading cheer!
RED_HLG is offline Find More Posts by RED_HLG
Last edited by RED_HLG; Apr 16, 2012 at 12:50 AM.
Old Apr 16, 2012, 01:04 AM
wrong descision, wrong time
United States, WA, Maple Valley
Joined Sep 2010
522 Posts
What a great contest. I think I have a good feel for how contests go, and can't wait to join in next week. The thermals in the morning so good we had some other flyers join us

-Heath
dumb_thumbs is offline Find More Posts by dumb_thumbs
Old Apr 16, 2012, 12:46 PM
Russ Young
United States, UT, South Jordan
Joined Mar 2006
1,168 Posts
Wow...19 pilots flying in a local 1 day contest

Way to go Banks...and with a TopSky no less.
isoarthenland is offline Find More Posts by isoarthenland
Old Apr 16, 2012, 01:17 PM
United States, SC, Mt Pleasant
Joined Nov 2003
1,208 Posts
Yup the NW is growing! Way to go everyone. I missed you guys but flew hard Saturday and Sunday in Charlotte. Congrats Dave on beating Red! Someone has to keep him honest now that I'm not around!

James
hohensej is offline Find More Posts by hohensej
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Aerial Information
Old Apr 16, 2012, 02:48 PM
Blind Hawk
Seattle, WA USA
Joined Dec 2006
1,225 Posts
Yep, 19 with a handful of our "regulars" not even there! James hit it, we do seem to be growing. And congrats to you James for your flying in Charlotte! Sounds like conditions were a bit "tough" eh!

Hardly "local" though. Two guys from Spokane (300+ miles away), two from Idaho, one from Vancouver BC and one from Hong Kong! And another two who didn't fly from Utah checking us out for future contests.

Sure nice having our awesome, huge SASS field, AULD with 19 in the air at one time is an absolute blast.

Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by isoarthenland View Post
Wow...19 pilots flying in a local 1 day contest

Way to go Banks...and with a TopSky no less.
rdjay is online now Find More Posts by rdjay
Old Apr 16, 2012, 03:30 PM
Russ Young
United States, UT, South Jordan
Joined Mar 2006
1,168 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjay View Post
And another two who didn't fly from Utah checking us out for future contests.

Sure nice having our awesome, huge SASS field, AULD with 19 in the air at one time is an absolute blast.

Rick
At least one of the Utah guys will be up there sometime this summer for a SASS DLG contest

I haven't flown on the new field yet, it looks spectacular.
isoarthenland is offline Find More Posts by isoarthenland