Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 29, 2012, 03:52 PM
Sink? Circling now to confirm.
United States, UT, American Fork
Joined May 2002
16,865 Posts
Dang, look at all those pilots!!!!! Who knew?

Looks like it was pretty close up top!!!!!

Glad to see our forgotten son Heath has found a new home.
JONBOYLEMON is offline Find More Posts by JONBOYLEMON
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 29, 2012, 04:08 PM
Spokane, WA
Joined Mar 2010
71 Posts
Thanks for posting the season results Rick. I love seeing statistics like that. Even more so when my name is so close to the top. It was so much fun being in the hunt for the top this year. I have to say that the Topsky 2 is definitely my favorite plane I have ever flown. I am practicing and building this winter, so Dave and Tim had better watch out!!!! :-)

Ken and I are working on building up new planes this winter. Well, to be honest, it's mostly Ken, but I am trying to help where I can.

See you all next season!
Ben
Swammie is offline Find More Posts by Swammie
Old Nov 29, 2012, 04:53 PM
Will fly for food
Bellevue WA,
Joined Dec 2003
6,606 Posts
Thanks Rick, great stuff.
davidjensen is offline Find More Posts by davidjensen
Old Nov 29, 2012, 06:02 PM
Congress, AZ
Joined Sep 2001
4,711 Posts
A really great group to fly with. Congratulations Dave, well done.

Gary
GaryO is offline Find More Posts by GaryO
Old Nov 29, 2012, 06:16 PM
Monroe, Wa
Joined Aug 2005
323 Posts
Wow! I'm just trying to give back what this sport has given me.......helping any and all who need it. Thermal flying has always been my favorite. Thanks to Chris Bloom for getting me going again. He wanted me to teach him how to thermal fly but I think that I am the one who got the lesson! Flying with the best in the northwest has been a great experience. I am really looking forward to next season. I really want to thank our Cd's as it takes a lot of dedication to put these contests on. Thank you Adam, Rick, Burton, Lawrence. Gary and Russ the Olympia crew. Thanks!!!!!!!
DBSkyout is offline Find More Posts by DBSkyout
Old Nov 29, 2012, 11:14 PM
Seattle, Wa
Joined May 2006
63 Posts
It has been a fun year!. Thanks to Rick ,Adam, Burton, Bret, And Gary and Russ & Co. down In Olympia. You guys did a great job. Thanks to Adam for always figuring out in advance which days were going to be good enough to fly on.
And I couldn't be happier that Dave decided he would show me how to thermal. It has been a lot of fun!

Chris
freya is offline Find More Posts by freya
Old Nov 30, 2012, 12:17 AM
Certifiable User
United States, WA, North Bend
Joined Mar 2011
839 Posts
Very Good. I had a great time this year and have learned sooo much. I can't drive by a circling hawk without getting all jealeous now.

I definitlly appreciate the work of the CD's and all organizers of these events. I wish I could contribute more but I am a bit of a space cadet. I can't wait to see what the new year brings.

Brett, Russ - Great food, I love it.

This is such a great croud to fly with, I feel very honored to have spent these weekends with you all. Dave's not kidding when he talks about giving back. I am inspired by how ready everybody is to help out.

BTW if anybody is looking for a new fuselage for a build this winter I have A bunch of seconds and better ones coming. Also can help out with other parts as well. I started a thread as well http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1778174

Lee
killercando is online now Find More Posts by killercando
Old Nov 30, 2012, 01:29 PM
Russ Young
United States, UT, South Jordan
Joined Mar 2006
1,165 Posts
Way to go Dave!
isoarthenland is offline Find More Posts by isoarthenland
Old Nov 30, 2012, 02:10 PM
Sink? Circling now to confirm.
United States, UT, American Fork
Joined May 2002
16,865 Posts
Wish we had gotten a picture of Heath next to Russ Young before the swap! Funny how we swapped these guys straight across.

Unless you know both those guys, you would have no idea Heath is 9' tall and Russ is 4' tall......
JONBOYLEMON is offline Find More Posts by JONBOYLEMON
Old Nov 30, 2012, 09:45 PM
Congress, AZ
Joined Sep 2001
4,711 Posts
Guys, let's try to co-ordinate our hlg contests a bit more. I think Russ is going to propose 3, but we have to work around our club's fun fly in Aug.

Contact Russ to work things out. I'm down in AZ now, as most of you know, and I get so lazy sitting in the sun and drinking margaritas.

Oly will also have a couple of half day "hlg fun flies" on sundays in the summer. Lots of fun.

Gary
GaryO is offline Find More Posts by GaryO
Old Dec 01, 2012, 12:06 AM
Spokane, WA
Joined Mar 2010
71 Posts
Lee, I totally agree with you. I also get quite jealous of the hawks and osprey circling around the sky. My office has a great view over the Spokane river and the hawks, etc. love to fly in that area. It is actually quite distracting to my work. :-)

Thanks to all who put on these great contests, the great food, and most importantly, the great guys to fly with.

Ben
Swammie is offline Find More Posts by Swammie
Old Dec 02, 2012, 05:23 PM
Adam RED Weston
Brier, WA
Joined May 2006
519 Posts
Great flying gang.... Its great to see some new names at the top, but its also good to see the old guard still hanging in there. It looks like this old guard needed one more day of qualifying flying;-)

I want to thank Rick, Burton, Lawrence, and Brett for pitching in this year. As some of you know, running HLG contests in Seattle has been the Adam Show since about 1999... I've had lots of help along the way, for sure, but I did my best to stay super involved. As I started spending more time with my Biological Family, you guys stepped in and help make sure my Soaring Family got fed and CD'ed, and the Soaring Family has even grown! It's been a real load off to know that HLG is in good hands, once again, thanks.

I'm going to start a 2013 Pacific Northwest HLG thread in a week or two, so keep an eye our for that... SASS hadn't settled our 2013 dates yet, I'm sorta waiting on that.

Thermals, RED
RED_HLG is offline Find More Posts by RED_HLG
Old Dec 03, 2012, 01:05 AM
Seattle, WA
Joined Oct 2006
71 Posts
Congratulations Dave, Tim and Ben. You guys are tough to beat, but the nice thing about this sport is that you can be, so enjoy while you can, because there are a lot of flyers improving their skills and their planes.

I sure enjoy these contests. Everyone has been supportive of others and a joy to fly against.

Thanks to Rick and Burton for running the show. Job well done and appreciated by all. And a special thanks to Brett for the great lunches.

See you next spring if not sooner.

Ray
ray ernst is offline Find More Posts by ray ernst
Old Dec 03, 2012, 10:30 AM
United States, SC, Mt Pleasant
Joined Nov 2003
1,143 Posts
Way to go guys! Its amazing how it has grown in the last couple of years!

James
hohensej is offline Find More Posts by hohensej
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Aerial Information
Old Dec 03, 2012, 12:59 PM
wrong descision, wrong time
United States, WA, Maple Valley
Joined Sep 2010
487 Posts
This was my first year flying DLG, and I had a blast. I'm impressed that our wonderful CDs can not only run a contest, but also fly competively as well. That's some hard core multi-tasking there. I also appreciate everyone's help, I can still hear the words of help and soaring wisdom echo in my ears everytime I go out and practice.

Great job on the food as well. It gives me more time in the morning to get all my stuff ready when I don't have to worry about packing a lunch

Congrats on the top pilots, just remember the hardest part about being on top is staying on top

And a shoutout to Mr. LeMon for the TSOL, she treated me well this past season.

Looking forward to next season, and hopefully we'll have a few days this winter to get some much needed practice.

-Heath
dumb_thumbs is online now Find More Posts by dumb_thumbs