HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 02, 2012, 10:37 PM
wrong descision, wrong time
United States, WA, Maple Valley
Joined Sep 2010
512 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidjensen View Post
Welcome to the Seattle Area. The SASS field at Camp Korey is worth the membership fees IMHO. We also have 4 world class slopes just 3+ hours away. Hopefully you have a combat wing as we are always looking for new pilots
Here is the clubs web site

http://www.seattleareasoaringsociety.com/
Are you talking about powered combat wings, or slope soaring combat wings? Either way show me what to buy and I'll be there. I got a taste of some full contact combat at the Utah sWARm and have been looking forward to it ever since.

-Heath
dumb_thumbs is offline Find More Posts by dumb_thumbs
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 03, 2012, 11:57 AM
Will fly for food
Bellevue WA,
Joined Dec 2003
6,838 Posts
Slope combat. However we have been known to destroy a few zagi's in our days
davidjensen is offline Find More Posts by davidjensen
Old Mar 04, 2012, 10:23 PM
It's a mere flesh wound!
Woodstock,Ga.
Joined Jun 2004
1,126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidjensen View Post
Slope combat. However we have been known to destroy a few zagi's in our days
I've destroyed a few Zagi's with my Boomerang!!

Buddy
Buddy Roos is offline Find More Posts by Buddy Roos
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 19, 2012, 02:58 PM
Adam RED Weston
Brier, WA
Joined May 2006
531 Posts
Seattle Contest SUNDAY March 25th

Gang,

We're on for SUNDAY March 25th for the first SASS HLG contest of the season... Weather has been marginal lately (unless you're a snow goose), but the forecast is looking better for the weekend!

There are a few questions though before Sunday... one, will Carnation be dry enough to fly? If not, we might have to shift to 60-Acres. I'm going to try to make a call on this by tomorrow (Tuesday) and post it here. And then the weather, it might change at any moment, I'll try to make a call Saturday evening on a go-no-go.

I don't have the guest gate code yet, but if you are not a SASS member yet, and are planning to attend the contest, please email me (red@tgworks.com) and let me know you're thinking about coming and I'll email you the gate code once I get it (I'll even send you a special note on where we're going to be flying!).

Otherwise, you can get more details about the contest here:
SASS Website Calendar

We want to try several new technologies for the contest, I'd like to have the Android wireless scoring system set up and running on a wireless server...
Android RCGroups Thread

So bring your Android if you have one... just load up the free version of the app if you want to try it out... or the paid version if you want to contribute to Adrian's hard work on this cool software.

We also have some new clocks we want to give a test run... (see attached)...

I can feel the warming sunshine already, see you out there...

Adam (RED) Weston
RED_HLG is offline Find More Posts by RED_HLG
Last edited by RED_HLG; Mar 19, 2012 at 03:08 PM.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 03:20 PM
hot air rises...
Pleasant Grove, UT
Joined Jul 2005
7,634 Posts
How much did it cost to build the clock? And is it "open source"... i.e. can you tell me how you built it ?
jfinch is offline Find More Posts by jfinch
Old Mar 19, 2012, 03:53 PM
Adam RED Weston
Brier, WA
Joined May 2006
531 Posts
The clocks were imported from China, with much effort. We are putting together a plan to make the clocks available to different contests for a fee plus shipping around the country in the near future.... We're rolling out softly with the Seattle events in March and April, with a more formal roll-out at the Bruce in June, and then hopefully have the system working 100% for the TS in September.

RED

PS. If you really want to get one for yourself please IM or email (red@tgworks.com)
Old Mar 19, 2012, 05:18 PM
United States, SC, Mt Pleasant
Joined Nov 2003
1,174 Posts
Aw man, I miss the weekend one days! Weather has been beautiful here so I'll try and channel it to you guys. Have fun!!!

James
hohensej is offline Find More Posts by hohensej
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Aerial Information
Old Mar 19, 2012, 06:35 PM
Blind Hawk
Seattle, WA USA
Joined Dec 2006
1,192 Posts
Thanks James!

I was in Charlotte last week and it was in the mid 80's! Came home to snow falling..... Spring starts tomorrow right?

RdJay
rdjay is offline Find More Posts by rdjay
Old Mar 20, 2012, 07:49 PM
Adam RED Weston
Brier, WA
Joined May 2006
531 Posts
Carnation Farm is the Site for Sunday's Contest

OK, the reports are its going to be dry enough at Carnation Farm for the contest Sunday March 25th...

See you out there...

RED
Old Mar 20, 2012, 08:10 PM
Congress, AZ
Joined Sep 2001
4,917 Posts
Red,

Like that screen better than the one with red LED, but for color blind folks, green would be even better.

Gary
GaryO is offline Find More Posts by GaryO
Old Mar 20, 2012, 11:52 PM
Adam RED Weston
Brier, WA
Joined May 2006
531 Posts
Green? Isn't that a color? I totally thought yellow would be good for color blind folk, being close to white and all... Guess I should have asked!

Red
Old Mar 21, 2012, 11:44 AM
Adam RED Weston
Brier, WA
Joined May 2006
531 Posts
Pacific NW DLG's in the "news"

Check out Bruce Kimball (page 64) and Ken Lies (plane front cover) pictures' shot by Phil Pearson in the latest edition of RCSD...

(details on downloading RCSD...)

The April 2012 issue of RC Soaring Digest is now available for downloading from the RCSD web site <http://www.rcsoaringdigest.com>.
The issue highlights are available at <http://www.rcsoaringdigest.com/highlights.html>.
This issue has 68 pages and is 11.0 MB in size. You can download this issue directly from <http://www.rcsoaringdigest.com/pdfs/...SD-2012-04.pdf>.

If you are using a dial-up connection and desire a smaller RCSD PDF, consider downloading the highly compressed version of this issue (two parts, 4.7 and 2.6 MB) from the RCSoaringDigest Yahoo! Group Files section. The image quality is reduced, but download time is significantly less. You must be a member of the RCSoaringDigest Yahoo! Group to download these compressed PDFs.

If you're using a broad-band connection, you may want to download the "original" high quality PDF of this issue (21.4 MB) from the RC Soaring Digest web site <http://www.rcsoaringdigest.com/pdfs/...012-04Orig.pdf>.

All issues of RC Soaring Digest, going back to the first, published January 1984, are always available at no charge from the Archives page on RCSD web site <http://www.rcsoaringdigest.com/pdfs/>.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 12:23 PM
Congress, AZ
Joined Sep 2001
4,917 Posts
White is great also. Red on black doesn't work well, at least for me.

Ah, RC Digest, you beat me to it, I just posted that as a thread. It would be nice to get the F3K worlds in an issue, they are always looking for articles.

Gary
GaryO is offline Find More Posts by GaryO
Old Mar 22, 2012, 11:26 AM
Adam RED Weston
Brier, WA
Joined May 2006
531 Posts
Gate Code for Sunday's SASS Contest

Just a reminder, if you don't have the gate code to get into Carnation on Sunday, drop me an email (red@tgworks.com) and I'll send it to you off list... and you lurkers out there, you're welcome to just come out and just spectate, but you'll still need the gate code to get in...

They're planning to mow today or tomorrow... and the weather is sorta holding... cross your fingers.

Also, Bret has announced the menu for the event:
Sloppy Joes, potato salad, chips, drinks. (If there's anyone who absolutely cannot eat meat, let me know.) Lunch is provided with a recommended donation (usually about $5).

See you out there!

RED
Last edited by RED_HLG; Mar 22, 2012 at 01:41 PM.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 10:22 AM
or F, J, K, or even TD
Joined Jun 2007
2,912 Posts
Hey guys, Nice clocks!

Red, James and all...any interest in coming down to Poway this year for the IHLGF? It would be great if you could make it. We will be putting together a shelter with EX-ups, tables and chairs to accomodate the travelers.

Hope all is well up in the NW. Maybe we'll see you in 5 weeks??? Any chance of that?

Cheers.

Mike
FLY F3B is offline Find More Posts by FLY F3B