HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 17, 2012, 10:57 PM
Certifiable User
United States, WA, North Bend
Joined Mar 2011
975 Posts
Excellent Ben, Will be good to see you. Make sure you bring the sunshine to.
killercando is online now Find More Posts by killercando
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 18, 2012, 12:34 AM
United States, AZ, Arizona City
Joined Sep 2001
5,000 Posts
RD,

I wont be coming unless Russ decides to go and fly his new Helios. Then I'll probably tag along.

After looking over our contest results, it looks like it would be nice to just practice those things that were the top (or bottom) of the throwout list. Poker of course, and the runner up the Ladder.

So I'd suggest 3 poker, 3 ladder and one of my new F3K proposed tasks " Till the end of the round" (TED).

Provisional rules for TED are: 10 minute window. One flight. Must fly till end of round.

Gary
GaryO is offline Find More Posts by GaryO
Old Oct 18, 2012, 01:35 AM
Spokane, WA
Joined Mar 2010
84 Posts
With variaty being the spice of life, I think we should do the following in this order:
Ladder, 5X2min, 1234, Last 3-3min max, Last 2-4min max, Poker, and All up. That comes close to matching my best contest of the year, so I sure like it. :-)
Ben
Swammie is online now Find More Posts by Swammie
Old Oct 18, 2012, 02:52 AM
USA, WA, Seattle
Joined Oct 2005
783 Posts
Sorry, just finished off the task list and that's not it... but who knows maybe you can make it your best! (I'll keep you all in suspense until Saturday.)
balesse is offline Find More Posts by balesse
Old Oct 18, 2012, 11:51 AM
Blind Hawk
Seattle, WA USA
Joined Dec 2006
1,213 Posts
Ben,

Glad you guys are coming over. Forecast has changed from 50% chance to 40% chance of showers so at least it's trending the right way. Unless something really changes in the forecast we are a go and will work around the showers.

Burton and I flew at the field yesterday afternoon. The field is in great shape except for a little goose poop! We discussed the launch/landing zone layout and think we have a nice workable field. There will be some challenges (trees, light poles, etc) we aren't used to at Korey but that just adds to the fun!

Gary, sorry you can't make it, hope your feeling well. I let Burton come up with the task list and he wants to keep it secret so will see on Saturday. TED sounds fun, one ten minute flight, kind of like all up on steroids.

RdJay
rdjay is online now Find More Posts by rdjay
Old Oct 18, 2012, 12:06 PM
a.k.a. Bob Parks
Glendale, AZ
Joined Jun 2008
2,360 Posts
Gary,
On the TED task you proposed, does everyone HAVE to launch at the buzzer, or can a pilot delay the launch hoping for better air to ride his flight out versus launching into poor air and landing early?

BP
bbbp is offline Find More Posts by bbbp
Old Oct 18, 2012, 12:17 PM
United States, SC, Mt Pleasant
Joined Nov 2003
1,197 Posts
Gary

The TED task sounds interesting. Relatively easier mid day but morning and evening would make it much more of a challenge, same with rough/challenging air. A one flight and thats it approach might not be taken very kindly to though. Are you thinking only one throw or unlimited throws?

Gosh I wish I was out there. I could totally go for a WA style contest!

James
hohensej is offline Find More Posts by hohensej
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Aerial Information
Old Oct 18, 2012, 04:09 PM
United States, AZ, Arizona City
Joined Sep 2001
5,000 Posts
When the round starts, the flyer can throw when ready. Of course, it has to go to "end of round". So it is essentially a one throw contest. So you only get a chance to read air once. And it you wait to see who has lift, then you are down by how much you waited, if you can't go till end of round, then zero.

Now, if there are no throw outs .............

James, I know you would treat it like you do poker, just call EOR and throw

Gary
GaryO is offline Find More Posts by GaryO
Old Oct 18, 2012, 08:11 PM
Monroe, Wa
Joined Aug 2005
359 Posts
Ho...hen...sej...Ho...hen...sej...Ho...hen...sej!! We miss you too.
DBSkyout is offline Find More Posts by DBSkyout
Old Oct 19, 2012, 11:03 AM
Blind Hawk
Seattle, WA USA
Joined Dec 2006
1,213 Posts
Sounds like Dave is FIRED UP guys!

Not much change in the forecast so plan on working around some showers tomorrow.

If anyone has any of those low profile orange "cones" please bring them. These are the ones soccer coaches use. Having a bunch of these to layout our "field" will be a big help.

See ya all in the morning.

Rick
rdjay is online now Find More Posts by rdjay
Old Oct 19, 2012, 11:12 AM
USA, WA, Seattle
Joined Oct 2005
783 Posts
And just a reminder for everyone, the contest will be here at Magnuson Park. So don't go to Corey... it would be very lonely.
See you all tomorrow!
balesse is offline Find More Posts by balesse
Old Oct 19, 2012, 10:18 PM
Newcastle, WA, USA
Joined Apr 2009
19 Posts
xcskier is Jeff Borg. I'll be flying that orange and blue blaster 2 with an ugly wing repair.
xcskier is offline Find More Posts by xcskier
Old Oct 20, 2012, 01:52 AM
Fly? Maybe some day...
Seattle, WA, USA
Joined Apr 2001
29 Posts
Sno Cones?

Chris and I have the orange cones covered. Other flavors as well. But they're not low-profile. About 16" high, standard rubber.

Also bringing batteries and freq board and food.
Bret Sutton is offline Find More Posts by Bret Sutton
Old Oct 20, 2012, 10:19 AM
Monroe, Wa
Joined Aug 2005
359 Posts
Good morning! Looks like a cool and showery day. 40 deg in Monroe @ 7:20 am. Bring your coat!
DBSkyout is offline Find More Posts by DBSkyout
Old Oct 20, 2012, 10:53 AM
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined May 2011
539 Posts
44 and dry (for now...) in Ballard. Should be an interesting weather day! See everyone soon.

-John
jbarnhardt is offline Find More Posts by jbarnhardt
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Latest creation...