Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Aug 14, 2012, 09:24 AM
Blind Hawk
Seattle, WA USA
Joined Dec 2006
1,127 Posts
Heath,

All are welcome, juniors too. Get her a plane, once she specks it out she will be hooked!

RdJay
rdjay is online now Find More Posts by rdjay
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 14, 2012, 12:32 PM
www.toddsmodels.com
North Bend, WA.
Joined Apr 2000
1,832 Posts
I had a lot of fun...!!! Thanks to the people putting this on and the more advanced pilots who timed for me giving me all the help and tips I could ask for. Lift was good at times and I seemed to find the sink so bad it felt as though somebody was standing on my glider. Time to work on the TATER 2.0...
Todd Long is offline Find More Posts by Todd Long
Old Aug 14, 2012, 09:13 PM
Monroe, Wa
Joined Aug 2005
329 Posts
Another great contest with record turn out! Thanks to Adam and Rick for putting this on Really some great flying going on and Ben was outstanding! Tim however showed some awesome flying in the last all up and that was enough to win. My Neos really launched well and I'm still learning to read it Thanks to Bret for another great BBQ, looking forward to the next contest.
DBSkyout is online now Find More Posts by DBSkyout
Old Aug 14, 2012, 10:29 PM
Spokane, WA
Joined Mar 2010
71 Posts
Thanks for the kudos Dave. I had a great time competing with everyone, but especially you and Tim towards the last rounds. Everything came together for me at this contest. I hope I can remember what I did for the next one. :-) I am looking forward to seeing those wonderful spreadsheet results to see how we compared round to round and how things would have stacked up without all those drops.

See you all at the next contest!
Ben
Swammie is offline Find More Posts by Swammie
Old Aug 14, 2012, 10:40 PM
Team Hong Kong F3K
Hong Kong
Joined Sep 2010
2,991 Posts
I miss Brett's Grill....nothing remotely like it here
Congrats Tim, Ben, and Dave Wish I was there to contend for middle-of-the-pack!
ThomasLee is offline Find More Posts by ThomasLee
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Neos Layups
Old Aug 15, 2012, 10:08 AM
United States, SC, Mt Pleasant
Joined Nov 2003
1,151 Posts
Congrats Guys,

Now if you only would have signed up for the TS contest....

James
hohensej is offline Find More Posts by hohensej
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Aerial Information
Old Aug 15, 2012, 10:37 AM
Joined Dec 2011
10 Posts
OK, I’ll chime in here. Lots of pressure at the top. With any major mistakes, there were the thoughts of “here’s another throw out round.” And it was nice to have 3! Then there were stupid mistakes like the “1234” round where I was shy on a 2, got the 4, and 3, then held onto my plane for 30 seconds thinking I was done when I hadn’t pegged the 1! I lucked out on the last round of “all up”. After two boomer thermals out behind the tall poplar, I really didn’t think there could be yet another. But the last one boomed the best and that let me slide past Ben and Dave in the end. We are lucky to have such a great group of pilots sporting the latest DLG’s. The thin foiled ships are putting launch pressure on some of our dated thick, wire cut AG’s.
Thanks again Brett for the great grub and Rick, Adam for the CD work.
Tim
PS: bring it on, Ben!
hitchiker20 is offline Find More Posts by hitchiker20
Old Aug 15, 2012, 11:30 PM
Seattle, Wa
Joined May 2006
64 Posts
Hey guys, It was a lot of fun flying with everybody. It is such a good group of guys.
I ordered a Neos and Dave donated the Servos he took home from the raffle. Thanks Dave!! and thanks to Thomas at Armsoar for the donation. Thanks to the folks at Soaring USA too. But thanks especially to Red, Rick And Brett.

Tons of fun!!
Chris
freya is offline Find More Posts by freya
Old Aug 16, 2012, 11:06 AM
Will fly for food
Bellevue WA,
Joined Dec 2003
6,636 Posts
Where's the final standings? Will they be posted?
davidjensen is online now Find More Posts by davidjensen
Old Aug 16, 2012, 11:41 AM
Blind Hawk
Seattle, WA USA
Joined Dec 2006
1,127 Posts
Working on it.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 11:47 AM
Blind Hawk
Seattle, WA USA
Joined Dec 2006
1,127 Posts
SASS August 2 day 2012

Here you go.

No changes at the top!

Congrats again to Tim, Ben and Dave. You three separated from the "pack". Great flying.

Thanks again to our generous sponsors, Armsoar and Soaring USA. Thanks for the scoring and setup/tear down help Lawrence, Steve, Lee (and anyone I forgot!).

And another big shout out of thanks to Bret for feeding us!

Not sure about the rest of you but I was wiped out tired on Monday. Loved every minute of it (well except for breaking a plane)!

RdJay
Last edited by rdjay; Aug 16, 2012 at 05:55 PM.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 12:55 PM
wrong descision, wrong time
United States, WA, Maple Valley
Joined Sep 2010
494 Posts
I decided to go back over the score cards for the past few contests I've been a part of. The awesome thing is that this score is much better than my two previous scores. This has been extermely encouraging. Everyone's advice and help in the previous contests has really helped me to continue to improve. I still have a long way to go, but the nice thing is that it will keep my interest for a long time (my wife will be happy to hear that, since I sometimes tend to jump from hobby to hobby). The downside is that it makes me want to look at getting another model.

To that end, I've decided to sell my Super Mini TopSky. Since the rudder needs some work, and it was my first DLG build, I've decided to sell it for $130 Reciever ready. Right now it stands at 180 Grams, but if you convert it to a pull spring setup for rudder and elevator and used a micro reciever you could shave off 20 grams. It has submicro blue arrow digital servos all around. If you decide to leave it a bit heavy it would make a good light air sloper, and since its a 1Meter DLG, it would be good for a younger pilot. I'm open to trades for other DLG parts (wing or boom for example). I thought I'd let everyone around here have a first crack at it, as I'd rather not ship it.

-Heath
dumb_thumbs is online now Find More Posts by dumb_thumbs
Old Aug 16, 2012, 12:58 PM
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined May 2011
441 Posts
Thanks for posting the scores, Rick! Wish I could have stuck around for day two. Sorry to hear about your broken plane. Great contest as usual, thanks to everyone who helped pull it together.

-John
jbarnhardt is online now Find More Posts by jbarnhardt
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Latest creation...
Old Aug 17, 2012, 09:48 AM
Blind Hawk
Seattle, WA USA
Joined Dec 2006
1,127 Posts
Anyone take any pictures they'd care to share?
Old Aug 18, 2012, 10:45 AM
Seattle WA area
Joined Jul 2006
53 Posts
Workin' on it. Weathers too nice to sit at photoshop.

Michael
Eyesoar55 is offline Find More Posts by Eyesoar55