HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 04, 2012, 07:25 PM
Will fly for food
Bellevue WA,
Joined Dec 2003
7,082 Posts
What a wonderful day. Warm and a 2 to 5 mph wind with thermals even. Finally got the Disser above launch height The best launch with the How High was 144'.
davidjensen is offline Find More Posts by davidjensen
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 04, 2012, 08:03 PM
Spokane, WA
Joined Mar 2010
84 Posts
Ken and I had a great time flying. He has his new Topsky dialed in now. Watch out you west siders, I think we are going to be giving you all a run for your money this summer. :-) My Topsky should be done in a week or so. My Tabooish had a great day again today finding the thermals and riding them up. I am hoping my Topsky is even better.
Ben
Swammie is offline Find More Posts by Swammie
Old Feb 04, 2012, 09:44 PM
Monroe, Wa
Joined Aug 2005
364 Posts
Wow! What a day! Thanks Rick for helping me with the flutter issue. Bring it on Swammie were ready!! Got to fly Dave Jensen's Topsky with the 3" shorter tail boom.......he might be on to something...................I think I'll try to con him into some more test flights........to be continued.....Oh and 4 DLG's and a red tail in one thermal, what a sight!!!!
DBSkyout is offline Find More Posts by DBSkyout
Old Feb 05, 2012, 05:32 PM
Spokane, WA
Joined Mar 2010
84 Posts
3D Dave, Sorry, I didn't mean it as a challenge as much as we are looking forward to flying the Topsky's along with others who have them as well. Should be a great time of flying this summer with so many of us having the Topsky models.

Ken and I went out and flew in somewhat calm air and plenty of sunshine today. Sure was a great weekend of flying.
Ben
Swammie is offline Find More Posts by Swammie
Old Feb 05, 2012, 11:00 PM
Monroe, Wa
Joined Aug 2005
364 Posts
Swammie, no challenge taken. I just like getting together for some flying fun and learning. You guys are the best!!
DBSkyout is offline Find More Posts by DBSkyout
Old Feb 05, 2012, 11:03 PM
Will fly for food
Bellevue WA,
Joined Dec 2003
7,082 Posts
OK you two take ten paces turn and launch Another great day at Camp Korey. I think I'm getting the launch smoothed out.
Old Feb 06, 2012, 11:51 PM
Adam RED Weston
Brier, WA
Joined May 2006
540 Posts
SASS Considering Moving March Contest from 17th to 25th

Gang,

Its looking like the March 17th is going to be tough for Rick and I to CD and we're thinking about moving it to Sunday March 25th at Carnation. What's the consensus from those who were planning to attend? If someone would like to volunteer to CD on the 17th, we could make that happen... Otherwise, its looking like the 25th will be the new date for the first SASS HLG contest of the year.

Also, we were planning to sanction the April, May, June and August contests. That would make April, May, and June your opportunities to qualify for the team select.

Adam
RED_HLG is offline Find More Posts by RED_HLG
Old Feb 07, 2012, 12:37 AM
Will fly for food
Bellevue WA,
Joined Dec 2003
7,082 Posts
I guess I could wait another week. more time to practice
Old Feb 07, 2012, 12:49 PM
United States, SC, Mt Pleasant
Joined Nov 2003
1,206 Posts
There is a small possibility I could CD on the 17th and less of a chance of me showing up on the 25th....

James
hohensej is online now Find More Posts by hohensej
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Aerial Information
Old Mar 01, 2012, 01:28 PM
Blind Hawk
Seattle, WA USA
Joined Dec 2006
1,223 Posts
NW Hand Launch Guys,

This post is to confirm that our first contest of the Season will be on March 25. That's a Sunday so be sure to get it on your calendars. Pilot meeting at 9:00, we should be done by 4:00. Non SASS members contact Red for the gate code.

Rick
rdjay is offline Find More Posts by rdjay
Old Mar 02, 2012, 12:05 PM
United States, SC, Mt Pleasant
Joined Nov 2003
1,206 Posts
And this is my confirmation that I will NOT be there, so there is an open spot for someone to win it

James
hohensej is online now Find More Posts by hohensej
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Aerial Information
Old Mar 02, 2012, 04:00 PM
wrong descision, wrong time
United States, WA, Maple Valley
Joined Sep 2010
522 Posts
Hey NW guys, I'm moving to the seattle area at the end of Mar and looking to attend a few contests this summer. I'm new to DLG, but not new to RC flying. To join the contests do I have to join SASS? If not what are the typical fees etc. I am a full AMA member.

-Heath
dumb_thumbs is offline Find More Posts by dumb_thumbs
Old Mar 02, 2012, 04:36 PM
Blind Hawk
Seattle, WA USA
Joined Dec 2006
1,223 Posts
Heath,

Welcome to the NW, if you ask anyone around here it is the birthplace of DLG's! Our main goal at the contests is to have fun and guys new to DLG are welcome and will get b-loads of help from everyone.

AMA is all that is required to fly in our contests but we'd love to have you join SASS as well!

Last season we charged $5 for SASS members and $10 for non members. It may increase a bit this year to help with some club fund raising. Last year Chef Brent cooked up lunches for another $5 donation if your interested in that.

The only thing you will need is our guest gate code, contact RED_HLG or myself the week before a contest and we will get you the code.

You might join our Yahoo Group too - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/DLGPNW/, lots of impromptu, last minute, fun fly days get announced.

Looking forward to meeting you out flying!

Rick
rdjay is offline Find More Posts by rdjay
Old Mar 02, 2012, 04:47 PM
United States, AZ, Arizona City
Joined Sep 2001
5,011 Posts
Heath,

Great bunch of guys. Some hlg contests in Olympia, as well, and monthly contests in Portland.
Looking forward to seeing you.

Gary
GaryO is offline Find More Posts by GaryO
Old Mar 02, 2012, 04:51 PM
Will fly for food
Bellevue WA,
Joined Dec 2003
7,082 Posts
Welcome to the Seattle Area. The SASS field at Camp Korey is worth the membership fees IMHO. We also have 4 world class slopes just 3+ hours away. Hopefully you have a combat wing as we are always looking for new pilots
Here is the clubs web site

http://www.seattleareasoaringsociety.com/