HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 30, 2001, 10:42 AM
United States, NE, Omaha
Joined Oct 2000
91 Posts
Cogging action in motor

What is the significance of the 'cogging' action of a small motor. I got a replacement GWS DX-A motor for my lite stik and right out of the package you can spin the pinion with your thumb and forefinger. This is totally different from the original motor on the lite stik. I flew it with the new motor and could barely maintain altitude with a fresh charged battery. Is this brand new motor defective?
dshly is offline Find More Posts by dshly
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 30, 2001, 10:59 AM
New Milford CT 06776
Joined Sep 2000
621 Posts
Most likely you were sent a STD and not a DX motor. This has the weaker magnets so you will get less power and no cogging. The carbon brush motors also do not cog, but have much more power than the STD. You can verify which motor you have by looking to see if there are ball bearings in the gearbox. If there are then you have the DX C.
John Tracey
JTinCT is offline Find More Posts by JTinCT