SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 13, 2012, 07:55 PM
United States, IN, Liberty
Joined Feb 2011
213 Posts
Here is my McCoy .09. It has never been flown while in my possession. I need to find a plane for it. Runs good though. Pain to start.
Godsey is offline Find More Posts by Godsey
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 13, 2012, 08:24 PM
United States, IN, Liberty
Joined Feb 2011
213 Posts
Some of my Cox CL Engines. One is a Space Bug Jr. Hardly ever run. The other is a Cox Babe Bee with a #2 Cylinder.
Godsey is offline Find More Posts by Godsey
Old Jan 14, 2012, 09:12 AM
Adelaide, South Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,067 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by old4570 View Post
Come on guys ! Post pictures of your engines
Well, since you asked here are my two Doolings.
And that ex Tony Cincotta Taipan is the first of the series with the small width rear bearing. I have one of them (well used but still runs great) and a NIB late gold head with the plastic backplate. You can see how the early version crankcase lines up with the cylinder while the later ones had the crankcase slightly extended for the wider bearing.
downunder is offline Find More Posts by downunder
Old Jan 14, 2012, 09:26 AM
Joined Sep 2003
3,067 Posts
Here's a "hen's teeth" engine, a Russian Stass's 42 rear exhaust made in the early 80's and apparently the RE version was made strictly for CL stunt while the SE version was RC. I've never been able to find out anything about the RE version anywhere on the net and no one seems to know anything about them which is why I call it a "hen's teeth" engine . Not withstanding its apparent rarity it flies a stunt trainer I built for my son extremely well, tuned pipe and all .
Old Jan 14, 2012, 05:04 PM
Australia, VIC
Joined Dec 2011
1,107 Posts
Interesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by downunder View Post
Well, since you asked here are my two Doolings.
And that ex Tony Cincotta Taipan is the first of the series with the small width rear bearing. I have one of them (well used but still runs great) and a NIB late gold head with the plastic backplate. You can see how the early version crankcase lines up with the cylinder while the later ones had the crankcase slightly extended for the wider bearing.
Wow , thanks ... I never researched the Glows , as I was more interested in the Diesels ..
GB was an interesting individual , I found it strange he never really developed an engine , He simply made something new [ And I dare say usually seemed to be a copy of some other existing design ] , and changes were made out of necessity [ Series 10 to 11 ] same with the 1.5cc TBR D

ill have to check the remaining Gold Tops I have now
old4570 is offline Find More Posts by old4570
Old Jan 14, 2012, 07:20 PM
Australia, VIC
Joined Dec 2011
1,107 Posts
Os pet

Hmmm , 3 Small and 3 large on the Gold Tops .. [ Bearings ]

Next up , one of the nicest little engines that could .. The OS PET

What a neat little engine , easy to use , easy to start .. Not the most powerful .09 around but ran well enough .. For a Sunday Flyer motor or a Noob , a great little runner .. Only ever had this one , still in great shape ..
Old Jan 14, 2012, 08:42 PM
Joined Sep 2003
3,067 Posts
Quote:
GB was an interesting individual...
Do you have this book below? There are 200 glossy pages covering every engine made by Gordon (and the .40 by Peter) with full colour photos of every engine and detailed descriptions. It's THE bible for GB . Maris is in our CL club here in Adelaide.
Old Jan 14, 2012, 09:36 PM
Australia, VIC
Joined Dec 2011
1,107 Posts
Aaaaaw man

Ok where can one buy the book ??????

Gee , been out of it for too long ... Well , did a search , and no go ...

2009 , aaah well . missed that one ... Maris is a good guy , damn fine competitor . And If memory serves , usually the best dressed guy on the flying field . [ If I remember correctly ]
Last edited by old4570; Jan 14, 2012 at 09:51 PM.
Old Jan 15, 2012, 03:18 AM
Bilbao - Spain
Joined Jun 2005
88 Posts
if you are interested in european motors, in this link are the description of a lot of spanish ones ( and others )

http://www.rcmodelistas.es/foro/avio...res-t3557.html

regards
sukoi is offline Find More Posts by sukoi
Old Jan 15, 2012, 05:59 AM
Australia, VIC
Joined Dec 2011
1,107 Posts
Wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukoi View Post
if you are interested in european motors, in this link are the description of a lot of spanish ones ( and others )

http://www.rcmodelistas.es/foro/avio...res-t3557.html

regards
That link makes me Sad ! = I used to own a lot of those engines ...

More Euro engines - rare engines , ill see what I can do ... I dont have much left !
Old Jan 15, 2012, 08:54 AM
Joined Sep 2003
3,067 Posts
Quote:
Ok where can one buy the book ??????
Here's a link to a post Maris made about his book. Almost at the end he gives his email address. Tell him Brian put you onto him and he'll add a couple of dollars to the price .
Old Jan 15, 2012, 02:58 PM
"Unnecessary Necessity"
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Sep 2006
5,759 Posts
Lot of engines here too, also in Spanish:
http://www.rojobcn.com/indexmotores.htm
coriolan is offline Find More Posts by coriolan
Old Jan 15, 2012, 06:33 PM
Australia, VIC
Joined Dec 2011
1,107 Posts
An oldie , but a goody

The Kosmic 15

Ive had two of these , A NIB Speed version , which I let go , and then this one came my way , and I snapped it up ..

Was in bad shape when I got it [ internally ] , but I was able to find enough parts to do a re-build , and its fantastic internally now , still a little tight and needs running in [ just a little draggy , 15 - 30 minutes on the bench it should be sweet ]

The Kosmic was not half bad , but a huge mistake by the manufacturer was to make it hard to remove the piston/con-rod assembly from the case , a real PITA .
And for some reason they refused to fix the situation , so engines that were easier to work on , went on . [ We do like to tinker ] , and the Kosmic faded from History . The Supertigre G20/15 and the Rossi became mainstream competition engines + several others .
Old Jan 15, 2012, 09:22 PM
Joined Sep 2003
3,067 Posts
KMD-2.5

Mine is brand new and I believe is the second version where the first version had a black cylinder and was supposed to be the better one. Unusually, there's no removeable cylinder head as the cylinder casting is all one piece. The rear view shows how the compression screw is locked using that short wire pressing into the ridges in the adjusting screw. The bulge alongside the wire contains a sealed in grub screw which mates with a notch in the cylinder liner for positive alignment of the liner.
Old Jan 16, 2012, 08:17 PM
Australia, VIC
Joined Dec 2011
1,107 Posts
Hmmmm

I was thinking we might have seen a lot more engine pictures this week end .

Here is a NIB MVVS Ri Re 2.5cc Diesel [ also my last one ]

MVVS engines were really nice when set up correctly , bit heavy , but very nice never the less ...

Come on guys , dont be shy ! Flash your engines ...