gopherhunter is offline Find More Posts by gopherhunter
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 10, 2012, 02:23 PM
Sink? Circling now to confirm.
United States, UT, American Fork
Joined May 2002
16,998 Posts
Blue skies, its where the party's at!!!!!

Well at least for me, Cuz I can actually make it to these contest! Thanks ASK, what a great series this has grown into, So happy that Utah snuck in on the Magic!!!!!

PS, love the pic in the 1st post!!!!!! Now thats a great place to fly!!!!!!
JONBOYLEMON is offline Find More Posts by JONBOYLEMON
Old Feb 16, 2012, 12:24 PM
ASK
Espanola, NM USA
Joined Jul 2002
2,824 Posts
Colorado Registration is open!
ASK is offline Find More Posts by ASK
Old Feb 16, 2012, 07:50 PM
Got Thermals???
United States, UT, Roy
Joined Apr 2008
5,210 Posts
Thanks Aradhana for putting this one together. Not sure how I missed it thus far, but subscribing now.
Fishjunky is offline Find More Posts by Fishjunky
Old Feb 22, 2012, 04:23 PM
Must Luv DLG
USA, CO, Golden
Joined Jul 2010
1,454 Posts
Team Protection

Hi Guys,

I recommend that you mosey on over to the Yahoo soaring thread. There is an active and passionate discussion about Team Protection underway. It's one of the better debates that I have read in the last couple of years. The focus is for the upcoming Team Selection contest ...... should we have 2 man team protection or not?

As it stands at the moment, we are required (my interpretation) to allow team protection at the next TS. I will refrain from stating my opinion now, so you can read it on Yahoo without me trying to put a bias here. This is a subject that in the past I knew little about. Since I am Denver's organizing chairman for the upcoming TS (hopefully to be held in Denver), I have been paying close attention to the discussions.

I recommend that all active DLG pilots who fly in contests should understand Team Protection. From the dynamics that are now going on with the Yahoo thread, Protection may be a subject that will be voted on in the near future, and/or petitioned with the FAI to clarify the rules.

I'm happy to say that the Blue Skies Guys are a better knit group than any other part of the U.S. F3K community (of course that's my prejudiced opinion). I've flown in contest from coast-to-coast in the last two years. There are a lot of talented pilots spread across the country, and a lot of fun guys, and new friends that I have made, so nobody take my comment in the wrong way.....please. But, as far as well organized contests, and solid, frequent, active, quality communications going on inside hand launch gliders, the Blue Skies States are the Gold Standard!

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/USA_FAI_Soaring/
Launch-1 is offline Find More Posts by Launch-1
Last edited by Launch-1; Feb 22, 2012 at 09:34 PM.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 04:25 PM
Joined Jan 2008
4,443 Posts
So, what is Team Protection?

Yours, Greg
glidermang is offline Find More Posts by glidermang
Old Feb 22, 2012, 06:32 PM
patagonia,az
Joined Oct 2002
2,045 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by glidermang View Post
So, what is Team Protection?

Yours, Greg
That's where Team members don't fly in the same heat until the Fly-Offs.

Like they do in the World Champs.

for example the USA pilots don't fly against each other in the preliminary rounds and same for other countries' teams too.

Philip
pocket rocket is offline Find More Posts by pocket rocket
Old Feb 28, 2012, 06:17 PM
Must Luv DLG
USA, CO, Golden
Joined Jul 2010
1,454 Posts
Team Protection

There is a voting survey now available on Yahoo Soaring thread. You can vote your position on Team Protection for the Team Selection contest. I don't know how long the survey will be open, so vote now if you're interested.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/USA_FA...eys?id=3089861
Launch-1 is offline Find More Posts by Launch-1
Last edited by Launch-1; Jun 26, 2013 at 09:56 PM.