HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by rynldgalano, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 09, 2012, 10:22 PM
REYNALDO
Cyprus, Nicosia
Joined Dec 2011
246 Posts
Idea
Newbie to RC PLANE,,,,

I am looking forward to have one plane. my passion is to fly heli but want to try to fly a plane what is the best for this two? the J3 CUB or the CESSNA as far as i know and digging some videos of this models some are not satisfied. I am learning now to FS on my pc practicing landing is there any differents in real flight on the field or on the real runway?
rynldgalano is offline Find More Posts by rynldgalano
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 09, 2012, 10:38 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,516 Posts
Your best starter plane imo is the hobbyzone champ.

once you have mastered the basics, step into a Parkzone T-28; that plane will teach you everything you need to know before stepping into more advanced models.
bsbauman is offline Find More Posts by bsbauman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Snuggles Speaks
Old Jan 09, 2012, 10:44 PM
REYNALDO
Cyprus, Nicosia
Joined Dec 2011
246 Posts
thaks bro, but i found out that the champ frm HH has a lot of problem, what you mean i will start on mini's? Hows is that a 3 chnl or 4 chnl.
Old Jan 09, 2012, 11:05 PM
Build straight - Fly twisty
Australia, QLD, Little Mountain
Joined Feb 2010
4,315 Posts
With the flight sim, if you are using a controller similar (or the same :-) as the one you'll use to fly the real model, then yes it's very much the same.
My grandson got good on the sim and when it came to flying the real thing... he could do it just fine. Even made a good landing first time.
If you try to learn with a keyboard, or anything else not the same as the actual Tx, that will be useless.
You have to educate your thumbs so they know what to do without you thinking about what they should do.
Think riding a bike. You don't think about steering, you just do it. Get your thumbs that smart on the sim and you'll be fine.
Whiskers is online now Find More Posts by Whiskers
Old Jan 10, 2012, 07:02 AM
into the wild blue yonder
United States, OR, Dundee
Joined Dec 2010
652 Posts
Wiskers is right.I learned on FMS a free flight sim but it is hooked up to the controler I use on my trainer, Hobbico SuperStar 40 I might add it is a great trainer as well. I have several nitros and a few electric planes, the SuperStar was my first real rc. You might want to look into a Nexstar, or something like that. A high wing plane. good luck with it.
Barney Boy is offline Find More Posts by Barney Boy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Skywalker X8 UAV
Old Jan 10, 2012, 07:26 AM
REYNALDO
Cyprus, Nicosia
Joined Dec 2011
246 Posts
yeah i am using my tx as same as the one i am using with my heli connected tothe USB port.