HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by DJO, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 09, 2012, 02:44 PM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
United States, CT, Stafford
Joined Oct 2011
3,522 Posts
Alert
Turnigy Li-Po Batteries are TUFF!!!!!

Turnigy Li-Po batteries are TUFF!!!!! I've crashed planes with my Turnigy 2200 mAH pack inside of them at least 20 times, 15 times or more all at full throttle in an R/C jet straight into the ground or a metal fence. I thought that I really killed the pack yesterday... it was really windy and my plane crashed into the ground, sending the pack flying off and it lost some of the outer casing.

But it was still at the correct voltage! I patched it up with some electrical tape and it will live to fly again next weekend Velcroed to the bottom of my new Tuff Trainer!

Turnigy packs rock!

Dan
DJO is online now Find More Posts by DJO
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 09, 2012, 02:51 PM
Joined Mar 2011
118 Posts
good 1 mate.

ther are ppl out ther who will refuse to give any credit to turnigy or even hoby king and will even accuse you of working with them lol.

i love my nano tecks they are cheap and insane qualty and power.
monit111 is offline Find More Posts by monit111
Old Jan 09, 2012, 02:55 PM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
Joined Oct 2011
3,522 Posts
For $10 each, how can you go wrong? LOL

Heck, I have a Turnigy sticker on my tool box. You could say I'm a fan of Turnigy... and Hobby King, other than their shipping costs from Singapore to the USA.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 09, 2012, 04:27 PM
Got Foam?
United States, TN, Greeneville
Joined Sep 2011
277 Posts
Love my Nano-Techs, Heck my 3s 800 is the same size as my Blue Lipo 2S 500
mjcmyers is offline Find More Posts by mjcmyers
Old Jan 09, 2012, 04:35 PM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
Joined Oct 2011
3,522 Posts
I'll eventually have to try those Turnigy Nano-Tech Li-Po Batteries... I've heard nothing but good news about them!
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 10, 2012, 08:09 PM
Joined Mar 2011
118 Posts
they Reilly are something. cheap light and also can take a beating i had a 2.2 nanoteck in front of an axn and hit a tree at full throttle (it jumped in my way) anyway the force of hit ripped the nose of plane and thru it and battery 30 metres away i found it dug in to the ground 22 cm pulled it out and lipo was same shape lol. its all i buy cant be bothered even trying other lipos. give them a go you will not regret
Old Jan 11, 2012, 02:49 PM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
Joined Oct 2011
3,522 Posts
I tried the back out today.. and crashed into a tree... LOL... not at full throttle, though, and the battery somewhat stayed in the compartment. It ripped off the Velcro, though. Still fine, and the only damage was a broken prop after flying the plane again later!

The pack still operates fine!
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 11, 2012, 07:52 PM
Joined Mar 2011
118 Posts
hahaha lmao i crashed today aswell nano teck fine axn will take a day or 2 to fix lol.

again my battry was found away from plane. its like it knows a crash is coming so it bails.