HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 30, 2001, 10:58 AM
United States, NC, Harrisburg
Joined Mar 1999
1,176 Posts
Smart V-tail setup?

What type of horns are you using on the elevators?What servo?Pushrod?Is anyone flying it with rudder function?
Hammer is offline Find More Posts by Hammer
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 30, 2001, 04:30 PM
(Batteries not included.)
Mesa AZ
Joined Jun 2001
655 Posts
Re: Smart V-tail setup?

Quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
What type of horns are you using on the elevators?What servo?Pushrod?Is anyone flying it with rudder function?
1/8" Brass tube let into the LE of the elevator and epoxied. Curved/bent down inline with the pushrod coming out of the fuelage. Drill 1/16 hole for metal clevis in each brass tube.
HS-85 upside down way back in the fuselage until it almost hits the servo arm on the sides.
I used a single wire in a plastic tube until the very back of the fuse where it splits into the two clevises.
No rudder.

Dave Wenzlick
Mesa AZ
Dave Wenzlick / Slickraft is offline Find More Posts by Dave Wenzlick / Slickraft
Old Oct 30, 2001, 11:14 PM
Sailplane Nut
Providence, RI
Joined Nov 2000
344 Posts
I had a similar problem with my Omega. The horns provided were useless. I actually copied someone elses design from the Smart I saw online that used brass tubing as mentioned above. I then learned that multiplex sells some cool horns for vtails that would also fit the bill. Check out www.multiplexrc.com for more info.

Nick
NickW is offline Find More Posts by NickW