HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 14, 2012, 12:51 PM
Phlathead
Roseville, CA
Joined Aug 2006
624 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by modelerchina View Post
is there a issue, you mount everything on the pod? Video Tx, camera, and radio Rx. looks like everthing is in range of antenna aperture, and noise each other
UHF RX is in the tail. Video does not share common ground. GoPro may induce some RF noise, however-I only use it with onboard battery. I have not had issues yet. Will do more LOS testing with equipment on. All the electronics were tested in close proximity previously on GWS slowstick.
ToxicToast is offline Find More Posts by ToxicToast
to remove ads between posts
Old May 29, 2012, 11:20 AM
Purdue Engineering
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jan 2005
2,585 Posts
Hi ToxicToast,

Your version of the pod looks good! I'm surprised that the Phlatprinter is able to handle the plywood without issue.

For those without their own CNC machines, I'm home from college for the summer and have gotten back in touch with the guy who did the laser cutting for the original three pods. I'm hopeful that I'll be able to use his machine to (finally) produce the pod kits. Fingers crossed!
Rocketman1092 is online now Find More Posts by Rocketman1092
Old May 29, 2012, 10:34 PM
Albuquerque, NM
Joined Sep 2006
50 Posts
What ever happened with RMRC? Can you still make and sell if you are in talks with another producer?
MikeD096 is offline Find More Posts by MikeD096
Old Jun 01, 2012, 01:30 PM
Joined Mar 2011
310 Posts
Just need some assembling and it's done!
Thanks everybody!

Geotete
geotete is offline Find More Posts by geotete
Old Jun 02, 2012, 10:04 AM
Joined Mar 2011
310 Posts
Hello Everybody,

Has everybody knows I had a Pod from DIYDrones, to be able to fly when I was waiting for the one from Rocketman1092.
Today I finish the assembling of the new one and I have to say that the design from Rocketman1092, is the best in the market!
Rocketman1092 you had everything thought, this was made thinking in FPV for FPV, every detail, reinforcement and the huge space available for everything needed, in one piece of pure art!
I said once and I say again you have everything in this pod to be a GREAT success in sales!
My congratulations in the concept!

Geotete

In attach the pod from Rocketman1092 and the one from DIYDrones.
Old Jun 02, 2012, 11:38 AM
Phlathead
Roseville, CA
Joined Aug 2006
624 Posts
That looks really nice! What is your weight before gear gets added?
ToxicToast is offline Find More Posts by ToxicToast
Old Jun 02, 2012, 01:15 PM
Joined Mar 2011
310 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxicToast View Post
That looks really nice! What is your weight before gear gets added?
DIYDrones: 69 grams= 2.43oz
Rocketman1092: 91 grams= 3.20oz

Geotete
Old Jun 05, 2012, 06:08 AM
Purdue Engineering
Joined Jan 2005
2,585 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeD096 View Post
What ever happened with RMRC? Can you still make and sell if you are in talks with another producer?
Not sure what happened there. Tim said that he was going to have a couple test cuts made, then stopped contacting me. I'm sure it's safe for me to start producing kits myself, as we hadn't made any sort of intellectual property agreement. I'm planning on producing the design that is compatible with the RMRC pan/tilt unit, so Tim might see some extra business from this anyway .

The guy who's doing the laser cutting for me will be working on the pods this week. I'll post updates as I receive them.
Old Jun 05, 2012, 09:13 PM
Crash....Fix......repeat.
United States, UT, Eagle Mountain
Joined Jan 2012
449 Posts
No matter what means you find to re-produce your design I think it's an outstanding way to simplify and centralize components that can be in close proximity. By far the best on the market. I look forward to the day when they become available.

by the way, what material is your pod made of geotete?
kokopropelli is offline Find More Posts by kokopropelli
Old Jun 06, 2012, 02:29 AM
Joined Mar 2011
310 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by geminiryan View Post

by the way, what material is your pod made of geotete?
CF, 1mm.

Geotete
Old Jun 06, 2012, 05:46 PM
Purdue Engineering
Joined Jan 2005
2,585 Posts
First batch in production!

Hey guys,

The first few kits have been cut, and I'm headed to pick up the first batch this weekend. I'd like to get an idea of demand so that I know how many shipping boxes to get and how much wood to drop off for the next batch. Please post a reply if you're likely to buy a kit.

Thanks,
Eric
Old Jun 06, 2012, 05:57 PM
Eat-Sleep-Work-Fly-Repeat
Canada, NL, Division No. 9
Joined Mar 2011
692 Posts
how much are these expected to be? i do not see a price anywhere.
Grips is online now Find More Posts by Grips
Old Jun 06, 2012, 07:38 PM
Purdue Engineering
Joined Jan 2005
2,585 Posts
As of now, I'm thinking $40 including shipping within the United States. International shipping will be a bit extra.
Old Jun 06, 2012, 08:23 PM
United States, FL, Kissimmee
Joined Jan 2012
855 Posts
Count +1 on me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketman1092 View Post
As of now, I'm thinking $40 including shipping within the United States. International shipping will be a bit extra.
czorzella is online now Find More Posts by czorzella
Old Jun 06, 2012, 08:28 PM
United States, FL, Kissimmee
Joined Jan 2012
855 Posts
Geotete

I'll order a plywood pod from Rocketman1092 but I'd love to also get one of yours made of CF if you intend to sell it in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geotete View Post
Hello Everybody,

Has everybody knows I had a Pod from DIYDrones, to be able to fly when I was waiting for the one from Rocketman1092.
Today I finish the assembling of the new one and I have to say that the design from Rocketman1092, is the best in the market!
Rocketman1092 you had everything thought, this was made thinking in FPV for FPV, every detail, reinforcement and the huge space available for everything needed, in one piece of pure art!
I said once and I say again you have everything in this pod to be a GREAT success in sales!
My congratulations in the concept!

Geotete

In attach the pod from Rocketman1092 and the one from DIYDrones.
czorzella is online now Find More Posts by czorzella