SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 24, 2012, 03:43 PM
Joined Mar 2011
310 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketman1092 View Post

moonreft and others - I'm very sorry for the wait, which I'm sure is frustrating especially if you've already got a plane under construction. ... I hope you can understand that I don't want to distribute plans since the design will likely become the property of ReadyMadeRC.

And another week is gone!

If everything is "ready" what are you guy's waiting? I know that wood is from trees...
Last week I had my Bixler under construction, this week I'm not flying because I can't do the wiring, because I don't have the pod do cut the right wire length!
If I go with the pod from DIYDrones I don't know if all the electronics are going to fit, because I don't have a comparative like the 1st page photos.
You can't sale the template, because "likely" will "become the property of ReadyMadeRC", but now it isn't! And if the 1st template is different from the final product at least I would have something temporary and even with that I will buy 2 from readymarc, because I want the versatility of the pan/tilt camera pods!
For the time that is taking to start selling a product, that seems to have great potential, I wonder if there is any intention in selling this?
Don't take me wrong, but with a "almost" complete plane and the good weather isn't easy, to see that after another 2 weeks there's nothing, even at the horizon!
This is my 2cts, but I think that there is more examples like me!

All the best,

Geotete
geotete is offline Find More Posts by geotete
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 31, 2012, 05:39 PM
Joined Mar 2011
310 Posts
Well, another week is gone...
No updates, no news, nothing! This is getting better and better!
At least I keep the thread up!

Geotete
Old Apr 05, 2012, 04:47 PM
Purdue Engineering
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jan 2005
2,623 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by geotete View Post
Well, another week is gone...
No updates, no news, nothing! This is getting better and better!
At least I keep the thread up!

Geotete
I'll see if I can get an update from Tim, but for now it's out of my control. Last I heard, he was expecting the test units to be shipped to him with his next re-supply order for the other designs he says.

Worst case scenario and the deal with ReadyMadeRC falls through, I'll personally make a few kits to send to those who have been waiting since the beginning. I have my own CNC mill, I just can't use it for full production since it's much slower than laser cutting.
Rocketman1092 is offline Find More Posts by Rocketman1092
Old Apr 05, 2012, 07:47 PM
Joined Mar 2011
310 Posts
Thanks for the update, finally!
Now flying, with the DIYDrones pod but waiting for the ReadyMadeRC.

Geotete
Old Apr 06, 2012, 08:57 AM
Crash....Fix......repeat.
United States, UT, Eagle Mountain
Joined Jan 2012
451 Posts
I've had my eye on the DIYDrones pod too...but it just doesn't look like it will do what I need to do like this one. I'll hold out and work on my other projects.
kokopropelli is offline Find More Posts by kokopropelli
Old Apr 06, 2012, 06:27 PM
United States, FL, Kissimmee
Joined Jan 2012
1,033 Posts
Pod waiting list

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketman1092 View Post
I'll see if I can get an update from Tim, but for now it's out of my control. Last I heard, he was expecting the test units to be shipped to him with his next re-supply order for the other designs he says.

Worst case scenario and the deal with ReadyMadeRC falls through, I'll personally make a few kits to send to those who have been waiting since the beginning. I have my own CNC mill, I just can't use it for full production since it's much slower than laser cutting.
Please consider my name in your list!
czorzella is offline Find More Posts by czorzella
Old Apr 19, 2012, 12:56 PM
Joined Mar 2011
310 Posts
Since in this thread, I'm the pain in the B, I don't even dare to say how much time as gone...

Geotete
Old Apr 29, 2012, 09:11 AM
Joined Mar 2011
310 Posts
More or less...

Razika - Why Have We To Wait (2 min 15 sec)

Why Have We To Wait SO LONG....................
Old May 01, 2012, 11:11 PM
Purdue Engineering
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jan 2005
2,623 Posts
geotete,

I explained the situation in my last post, and it hasn't changed. I can't do anything about it until I'm home from college for the summer, and your persistent weekly posts won't change that. I understand that you've been waiting to build your Bixler until you have a pod, but I haven't even seen my own plane since I built it in December. When I have news to share, you can be sure that I'll post it here.
Rocketman1092 is offline Find More Posts by Rocketman1092
Old May 02, 2012, 06:06 PM
Joined Mar 2011
310 Posts
Rocketman1092,

What is bugging me is:
This was "sent" to ReadyMadeRC 2 months ago, and we are talking about a seller that has great reputation and ships really fast, why is taking so long to sell this item that is more than proved that will be a sales magnet? I can't understand that...
If it makes you fell better, and I'm bothering you or anyone else, this will be my last post over here.

Geotete
Last edited by geotete; May 03, 2012 at 05:13 PM.
Old May 03, 2012, 09:57 AM
Semper Fi
United States, CA, Rancho Cucamonga
Joined Mar 2009
943 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by geotete View Post
this will be my last post over here.

Geotete
Finally, thank you

Hey Rocketman - you have designed a great product well worth the wait, I'm sure. Thanks and keep pushing for us, your loyal devotees...
greedyg76 is offline Find More Posts by greedyg76
Old May 03, 2012, 05:44 PM
Perth, Western Australia
Joined Jun 2009
478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by greedyg76 View Post
Finally, thank you

Hey Rocketman - you have designed a great product well worth the wait, I'm sure. Thanks and keep pushing for us, your loyal devotees...
Ditto Your doing great Rocketman!

-Matt
pheonix3 is online now Find More Posts by pheonix3
Old May 13, 2012, 11:49 PM
Phlathead
Roseville, CA
Joined Aug 2006
624 Posts
Whelp, I couldn't wait for one to be available any longer, so I designed one up that took inspirational notes from Rocket man's design. This one suits my needs and there are some obvious significant differences. I have a Phlatprinter 3, which is primarily designed for foam. But, with the right bit, does a great job cutting woods and phenolics.

I just finished a maiden with this pod and so far, so good. Still a floaty plane and the pod is secured with Dual Lock fasteners (after trying and aborting a screw hold down).

AUW 1070g (no gopro): 3s 3000mah, 2212-6 2200kv, Chainlink UHF, 600TVL Sony CCD D-WDR, 1280 CP, 800mw TX, CF 8mm square tube spar, taped up fuse.

Chris
ToxicToast is offline Find More Posts by ToxicToast
Old May 14, 2012, 07:50 AM
CA
Joined Dec 2003
486 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxicToast View Post
Whelp, I couldn't wait for one to be available any longer, so I designed one up that took inspirational notes from Rocket man's design. This one suits my needs and there are some obvious significant differences. I have a Phlatprinter 3, which is primarily designed for foam. But, with the right bit, does a great job cutting woods and phenolics.

I just finished a maiden with this pod and so far, so good. Still a floaty plane and the pod is secured with Dual Lock fasteners (after trying and aborting a screw hold down).

AUW 1070g (no gopro): 3s 3000mah, 2212-6 2200kv, Chainlink UHF, 600TVL Sony CCD D-WDR, 1280 CP, 800mw TX, CF 8mm square tube spar, taped up fuse.

Chris

That came out great!! You did a really good job..
blindflight is offline Find More Posts by blindflight
Old May 14, 2012, 12:24 PM
Canada, ON, Mississauga
Joined Apr 2006
449 Posts
is there a issue, you mount everything on the pod? Video Tx, camera, and radio Rx.

looks like everthing is in range of antenna aperture, and noise each other
modelerchina is offline Find More Posts by modelerchina