Old Feb 28, 2012, 04:27 PM
Purdue Engineering
Joined Jan 2005
2,584 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by geotete View Post
Hello,

A week as past, any news?
I think that you have a great design for a pod to the bixler and other "compatible" planes, there is only 2 guy's for producing the pod?
Myself and other's in this thread REALLY want this pod!

All the best,

Geotete
I've been exchanging some e-mails with Tim at ReadyMadeRC in the past week, and am currently making some changes at his request (adjusting tolerances for the wood he uses and adding compatibility with his pan/tilt kit). I'm hesitant to give another timeframe estimate, but it looks like this design will become a ReadyMadeRC product!

I'll keep you guys posted, as always.
Rocketman1092 is offline Find More Posts by Rocketman1092
Old Feb 28, 2012, 05:27 PM
Crash....Fix......repeat.
United States, UT, Eagle Mountain
Joined Jan 2012
449 Posts
Very exciting! I can't think of anyone else that I'd rather trust with the design if it were mine!
kokopropelli is offline Find More Posts by kokopropelli
Old Feb 28, 2012, 06:04 PM
Member #1
Australia, NSW, Picnic Point
Joined Aug 2011
6,783 Posts
I want one too!!!
Teamsherman is offline Find More Posts by Teamsherman
Old Mar 01, 2012, 05:01 PM
Joined Mar 2011
310 Posts
Well will have to wait...
Anyway, thanks for the input.

Geotete
geotete is offline Find More Posts by geotete
Old Mar 04, 2012, 10:34 PM
Bill
United States, NE, La Vista
Joined Jul 2007
279 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketman1092 View Post
I've been exchanging some e-mails with Tim at ReadyMadeRC in the past week, and am currently making some changes at his request (adjusting tolerances for the wood he uses and adding compatibility with his pan/tilt kit). I'm hesitant to give another timeframe estimate, but it looks like this design will become a ReadyMadeRC product!

I'll keep you guys posted, as always.
Hi Rocketman,
If you have a PayPal account I'd like to send you $10.00.
I copied your FPV Pod template before you deleted it. I built one yesterday using a band saw, jig saw and Dremel tool. It's not pretty but it works.
I made the battery tray 1 inch longer and 1/4 wider. The rear of the battery tray is tapered to fit the narrowing aft fuselage. I did that on a disk sander. Battery is 11.1v, 3,000 mah.
I still want to get 2 from you once you get production started.
HiFlyer371 is offline Find More Posts by HiFlyer371
Last edited by HiFlyer371; Mar 05, 2012 at 04:39 AM.
Old Mar 05, 2012, 04:52 AM
Bill
Joined Jul 2007
279 Posts
Homemade FPV Pod

Had some spare time yesterday and made this FPV Pod with my 900 MHz unit (spare).
Old Mar 05, 2012, 03:12 PM
Purdue Engineering
Joined Jan 2005
2,584 Posts
Hey guys,

Here's a rendering of the variant of the design that I'm sending to Tim for testing. I've gone back to the better looking curved side rails, and added a mount for the ReadyMadeRC pan/tilt module on top.

Eric
Old Mar 08, 2012, 03:01 PM
Bill
Joined Jul 2007
279 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketman1092 View Post
Hey guys,

Here's a rendering of the variant of the design that I'm sending to Tim for testing. I've gone back to the better looking curved side rails, and added a mount for the ReadyMadeRC pan/tilt module on top.

Eric
Eric,
You might consider selling just the template file (1st version only).
Two users have asked me to send them copies and of course I said that I could not as it was your property (I use to be a programmer and value intellectual property rights). Selling the older file would make you a few bucks and still protect your current drawings and any partnership you develop.

Bill
Old Mar 08, 2012, 04:25 PM
Joined Mar 2011
310 Posts
+1
But I would like to mention that even with the template file I will get 1 or 2 from ReadyMadeRC!

Geotete
Old Mar 08, 2012, 05:22 PM
Purdue Engineering
Joined Jan 2005
2,584 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFlyer371 View Post
Eric,
You might consider selling just the template file (1st version only).
Two users have asked me to send them copies and of course I said that I could not as it was your property (I use to be a programmer and value intellectual property rights). Selling the older file would make you a few bucks and still protect your current drawings and any partnership you develop.

Bill
Bill,

I don't think this would be necessary, as I'd rather there be only one outlet for the design (ReadyMadeRC). I know that the waiting is frustrating for people, but Tim and I are working on this at a good pace and he seems optimistic that turnaround time will be short. In any case, thank you very much for protecting my intellectual property.

Eric
Old Mar 10, 2012, 05:05 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Jan 2012
5 Posts
I've offered rocketman cash for the plans but he never responded.

Bixler is still in half but i'm running low of patience. Once I put it together it will be too late.

And no I did not offer money to anyone else besides the creator.

Clock is ticking.
moonreft is offline Find More Posts by moonreft
Old Mar 10, 2012, 08:22 PM
Bill
Joined Jul 2007
279 Posts
FPV eLogger/OSD Harness

I finished up wiring my OSD harness as per Rocketman1092's schematic. The eLogger/OSD is still in my Bixler and I don't plan on taking it out. Will buy another but have heard "rumors" of an All-in-One eLogger/OSD coming soon.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 08:58 PM
Purdue Engineering
Joined Jan 2005
2,584 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFlyer371 View Post
I finished up wiring my OSD harness as per Rocketman1092's schematic. The eLogger/OSD is still in my Bixler and I don't plan on taking it out. Will buy another but have heard "rumors" of an All-in-One eLogger/OSD coming soon.
Looks awesome! I wish that the wiring harness was marketable in some way, but it's just too time consuming to produce. Good to see the schematic being put to use.

More pod updates will come when I hear back from Tim, who's currently awaiting some test pieces from his laser cutter.

moonreft and others - I'm very sorry for the wait, which I'm sure is frustrating especially if you've already got a plane under construction. I wish I could cut a few of the original designs out for the people who've been interested since the thread started, but the guy who did the laser cutting for the first pods seems to have dropped off the face of the earth. I hope you can understand that I don't want to distribute plans since the design will likely become the property of ReadyMadeRC.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 07:54 PM
Joined Mar 2011
310 Posts
Bump!

One more week gone!...