HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by porcia83, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 09, 2012, 08:24 AM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Yippee!
Nitroplanes Concept X Jet

Got this last week and did some changes to the paint. Stripped off the stickers as much as possible then covered with ultracoat like strips from my local hobby shop. The dayglo orange is set off nicely by the green.

Man it's tight to get all the wires etc locked down. I've dug out some foam but can't do to much. Canopy was barely held on so I took it off, the pilot flies al fresco now.

I changed the ESC to a 45 amp Eflite. Plenty of power. I love rundway takeoffs, doesn't take much to ROG. I'm not impressed with the flight times at all though. With a 2200 30c battery I'm getting about 4 minutes, and that's with some throttle management. I can get 7 or more on a 3300 with the Habu, which weighs twice as much as this does.

Also, there is almost NO warning when the battery is about done. It's gets slower for a sec, then BAM...no juice. Plane does float in nicely for landings though. Front landing gear is complete junk, I have to reattach after every two flights. Flimsy. Plane came with a warped vert stab which I tweaked as much as possible. If I get a good deal on a kit version I'll go for it, probably look at one of the Don's setups...bet this would scream.

Just ordered the Viper from Hobby Lobby, we'll see how that does compared to this one.
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Last edited by porcia83; Jan 09, 2012 at 09:13 AM. Reason: sp
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 05, 2012, 09:26 PM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
lawn dart

this flew like hell today, and not in a good way. First take off went straight up and was a minute and a half of pucker factor 10 to bring it down. Felt horribly tail heavy for some reason. managed to get back to the runway as I didn't want to rip the wheels off in the frozen grass. looked everything over, battery was where it should have been. Put a new one in, moved it a touch more forward, then went up. Same thing again. Coming back in it felt like a brown out. It pitched up and literally hung in the air in high alpha for 5 or so seconds due to the wind. I was high enough to save it when the wind died but had to come in with the wind so the controls were not good enough. And the rest is history. Actually worse than it looks, very easy 5 minute repair. Gave it to my building buddy to play around with.
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)