I read we needed mod 0.4 ?
I'm pretty sure the stock pinion is mod.5

can anyone confirm?
Proud Polac is offline Find More Posts by Proud Polac
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 20, 2012, 04:54 PM
Joined Jul 2008
775 Posts
To bend the shaft trait you will have to take the pinion off and then bolt the motor to something solid. Run the motor and take a sharpie marker in your and and hold your hand steady. Slowly push the marker tip toward one spot on the top and on the side of the shaft. As soon as the marker barely touches then pull the marker away. Stop the motor. If you did it correctly then there will be a dark spot on the bent part of the shaft. Tap that with somethin heavy. Not too heavy. Clean the marker off the shaft. Run the motor and do the marker thing to the side of the shaft at the top. Keep doing this until the mark on the shaft is one solid mark all the way around the shaft. Then it will be strait. Feather lite on the marker though. As soon as the marker barely even touches then stop. Get it?
mescalinedream is offline Find More Posts by mescalinedream
Old Feb 20, 2012, 04:58 PM
Joined Oct 2011
189 Posts
Received my mini cp this morning thanks bobepine have to say I'm very impressed flies beautifully, does have a little bit of tail drift but easily trimmed out. Very stable and tail holds rock solid during flips rolls etc. Very happy will put up a video a little later
achogg33 is offline Find More Posts by achogg33
Old Feb 20, 2012, 05:10 PM
Joined Feb 2008
204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by achogg33 View Post
Received my mini cp this morning thanks bobepine have to say I'm very impressed flies beautifully, does have a little bit of tail drift but easily trimmed out. Very stable and tail holds rock solid during flips rolls etc. Very happy will put up a video a little later
Glad to hear that! Where did you order from, etc.?
Zoide is online now Find More Posts by Zoide
Old Feb 20, 2012, 07:34 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,860 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoide View Post
Glad to hear that! Where did you order from, etc.?
I sold it to him from Taiwan.

Good to hear it made it in one piece and all is good.

Best,
Chris
bobepine is offline Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 20, 2012, 08:27 PM
Joined Jul 2008
775 Posts
So what size is this pinion that is needed with the c05m? a .4 or .5 mod? I am thinking .4 with genius main gear and .5 with minicp. I need to find out so I can order one!
Old Feb 20, 2012, 08:50 PM
Joined Jul 2008
775 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
I just bought a couple 8T/1mm pinions from Terrence (Chinesejade). He shipped them today. I ordered via email. Not through his website but I think the pinions are listed on his website.

Chris
I emailed him and he told me that he sells them on his site. I said you only list 9t and he replied saying " then i dont sell them". I need to know which one to buy from homefly o.4mod or 0.5
Old Feb 20, 2012, 08:51 PM
los angeles,ca
Joined May 2010
2,594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mescalinedream View Post
So what size is this pinion that is needed with the c05m? a .4 or .5 mod? I am thinking .4 with genius main gear and .5 with minicp. I need to find out so I can order one!
The D02S uses .40 mod & mini is .50 with 1mm shaft pinion from 7t, 8t, 9t depends on HS you want.
vronny is online now Find More Posts by vronny
Old Feb 21, 2012, 03:11 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,860 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorheli View Post
Very nice flying Chris! You will surpass my skills in another week or two
You're funny. I'm afraid I'm a bit more than a few weeks away from being able to successfully flip this bird in a bathroom stall the way you do! That's ninja stuff...

Quote:
I can see you practice..practice..practice
Yeah... Usually followed by repair, repair, repair...

Quote:
I am some what jealous that i didnt have these helis to practice on years ago when i actually had more free time..maybe i wouldnt have stepped away from the hobby so often. Sometimes a crash would break almost every single part on the heli and with a more complex mechanical setup it took me forever to put it back together. Sometimes parts would sit in a box for months to a year while i went back to planes. I guess the bright side is I am real good at heli setup and repair
I must say, these little helis are very simple and easy to fix, indeed. The hardest part for me was to learn about leveling the swash plate and adjusting all the linkage for proper pitch and blade tracking. I taught myself how do do this using YouTube videos, mostly. By now I have worked on these little helis enough that I can change the frame in about 20 minutes and be back in the air. It doesn't get much easier than this for a CP heli.

My first CP heli was a WASP V3 and I only had it for about a week or two. I was discouraged with it. It was hard to fly (Only ever managed to hover it) and after a few hard landings I was at a loss when came time to tune it. I had to worry about the belt tension, the Gyro hold adjustments, tail servo adjustment, and of course, I had to worry about balancing the flybar, the blades, etc, etc. At one point I didn't even know if the heli was behaving the way it was supposed to. It was frustrating, it required going on a very steep learning curve, I had to spend more time fixing it than I did trying to hover it and most enduring was the cost of trying to learn that way. I think I must have averaged about 10$ of repairs for 5 minutes of hovering.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think learning to fly a heli years ago was a bit like that, except worse because even if you managed to have the heli in good repair, it was still harder to control than the newer helis with 3 axis gyros and highly programmable transmitters.

You are right, Sir. The new generation of pilots do have it a lot easier than those who started flying only a few years ago. I'm not complaining.

Anyways... I do want to eventually be able to practice 3D moves in my garage area. It's all concrete, though... It's going to be brutal at first. I essentially need to be able to do 3D moves, outdoor, at low altitude and within a confined area. Once I can do that, I'll be ready to try indoor. Problem is I'm too impatient.... I'll probably try to flip it inside in the next couple weeks.

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 21, 2012, 03:17 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,860 Posts
Servo gear replacements are now available for the Mini CP and Genius CP on Taiwan Ebay. 1.35$ each. That's a lot cheaper than replacing servos. Of course, the gears were added to Ebay the day after I ordered 6 spare servos.

Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 21, 2012, 04:50 AM
Hong Kong
Joined May 2004
113 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonicg View Post
I have ordered my mcp with devo82 and i expect it tomorrow or the day after. The seller (9imod on taobao.com) told me that the mcp should come with 2 batteries. But that the batt factory had problems with producing enough batteries, and thats why the early mcp's came with only one batt.
I suppose to get a set with 2 batt. so i am wondering if that is true.
Hi Sonic,
I bought a set of MCP from 9imod in Hong Kong and they told me the same story. Mine came with only 1 battery and they told me they can send me a second one for free when I order next time.
DWKN is offline Find More Posts by DWKN
Old Feb 21, 2012, 04:54 AM
Hong Kong
Joined May 2004
113 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by para5063 View Post
FYI: Those of you who purchased a MIniCP from OOModel, - after binding with your TX and and you throttle up and it just spins in place - turn your GYRO gain 1/4 turn to the right.

Both MiniCP's I ordered from OOModel needed this adjustment to fly correctly.

Hi Para5063,
Mine order from 9imod in China and the tail just keep spinning when throttle up. My LED was also flashing red and green continously and the vendor cannot give me an answer. I will try your suggestion tonight to see if it helps.

Daniel
DWKN is offline Find More Posts by DWKN
Old Feb 21, 2012, 05:51 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Sep 2011
92 Posts
Hi Daniel,

If you have a Devo8, check if your switches on the right are all the way up. Can't check now witch one, but blinking red and green is a test function and prohibits from taking of.

edit:
Ok I checked it, look if your mix switch is set to position 2, if so switch it back to pos. one. Check the manual of the Mini CP chapter 6.3 for more info.
Sonicg is offline Find More Posts by Sonicg
Last edited by Sonicg; Feb 21, 2012 at 06:58 AM. Reason: checked it
Old Feb 21, 2012, 07:00 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Sep 2011
92 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWKN View Post
Hi Sonic,
I bought a set of MCP from 9imod in Hong Kong and they told me the same story. Mine came with only 1 battery and they told me they can send me a second one for free when I order next time.
Their Taobao shop has stock now, so claim your second battery!
Sonicg is offline Find More Posts by Sonicg
Old Feb 21, 2012, 07:01 AM
Joined Jul 2008
775 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWKN View Post
Hi Para5063,
Mine order from 9imod in China and the tail just keep spinning when throttle up. My LED was also flashing red and green continously and the vendor cannot give me an answer. I will try your suggestion tonight to see if it helps.

Daniel
Mine was from oomodel and didnt have that problem.Guess I got lucky?

And for those of you with cracked canopies. Gorilla glue will keep the crack from re-crackin. It foams up so only use the tiniest bit. I also gorilla glued the little black wire to the side of the pcb board. I had crashed and the other side of the canopy cracked. It cracked where the hole is cutout to accept the landing gear into the canopy. Anyways, that crash sent the canopy front up. When it did that it grabbed the little black wire and bent it up.

I also crashed the heli into the fireplace poker tools etc. I think the blade hit the fireplace shovel cause there is a 4mm cut into one of the blades. Just a perfect cut like someone took a hacksaw blade to the blade. No cracks and it flies perfect, not even a blade imbalance? Love this heli!

Also: anyone have a mcp to check to see if any screws from the mcp fit the mini cp servo? thanks
Last edited by mescalinedream; Feb 21, 2012 at 07:46 AM.