HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 20, 2012, 09:03 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Sep 2011
92 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mescalinedream View Post
I have 3 things to talk about. Why dont we pull each carbon rod out that holds the canopy down before we break them. Then we install a single long piece. Problem solved.

Next, i pulled on that little coil and it wont budge. What exactly does the coil do? And does it get hot from the brushless mod? Maybe WOW test flew it then stuck it in the box. Then the heat from testing(only brushless models) made it fall off.

PMCBS, did you crash hard to make yours come off
I haven't tried it yet because mine is not broken (yet), but what if you pull out the side that is not broken and then push the remaining rod out trough that hole.

After that you can install one long one like mescalinedream suggested.
Saves you buying one servo holder.
Sonicg is offline Find More Posts by Sonicg
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 20, 2012, 09:56 AM
Joined Jul 2008
775 Posts
The co5m brushless motor I had bought from goflguy on helifreak did indeed come with two pinions. But they are tiny. My c05m shaft is 1mm. Where can I buy a 7&8 tooth pinion. I need to know what to look for too. The websites dont say 1mm shaft etc. They also dont say "this pinion will mesh with a genius gear". So what numbers will be in the description? Thanks.
mescalinedream is offline Find More Posts by mescalinedream
Old Feb 20, 2012, 10:18 AM
Joined Jun 2011
8,133 Posts
Quote:
I have 3 things to talk about. Why dont we pull each carbon rod out that holds the canopy down before we break them. Then we install a single long piece. Problem solved.
The hole doesn't go through. The heli has a separate mount on each side. So if you're going to install/mod a single piece of CF rod, you might as well wait until you break the stock ones. The servo holder still works. It's just you need to mod on a new canopy mounting system. For me, the parts are starting to show up on Taiwan Ebay and this servo holder piece is less than 2$. I'm just going to keep a couple in stock and order again if I need to.

Quote:
Next, i pulled on that little coil and it wont budge. What exactly does the coil do?
It won't do anything if you keep pulling on it. I think it's used to regulate the current to the RX. Not sure. Someone will know and post soon, I'm sure. The RX will not work without it, though. That's for certain.

Best,
Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 20, 2012, 10:27 AM
Joined Jun 2011
8,133 Posts
Quote:
The co5m brushless motor I had bought from goflguy on helifreak did indeed come with two pinions. But they are tiny. My c05m shaft is 1mm. Where can I buy a 7&8 tooth pinion. I need to know what to look for too. The websites dont say 1mm shaft etc. They also dont say "this pinion will mesh with a genius gear". So what numbers will be in the description? Thanks.
I just bought a couple 8T/1mm pinions from Terrence (Chinesejade). He shipped them today. I ordered via email. Not through his website but I think the pinions are listed on his website.

Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 20, 2012, 10:47 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Sep 2011
92 Posts
i Just noticed that everytime I crash the canopy pops up, and many times it pops past that coil. And when you want to push it back it gets stuck behind that coil.
Just be careful with doing that since that coil comes of so easy.
Sonicg is offline Find More Posts by Sonicg
Old Feb 20, 2012, 11:11 AM
Joined Sep 2003
17 Posts
Anybody have a recommendation on how to protect the coil. Hot glue? Epoxy?
pmcbs is offline Find More Posts by pmcbs
Old Feb 20, 2012, 11:43 AM
Joined Jul 2008
775 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
I just bought a couple 8T/1mm pinions from Terrence (Chinesejade). He shipped them today. I ordered via email. Not through his website but I think the pinions are listed on his website.

Chris
Noooooooooo......
He just sent mean an email this morning that he shipped my order. I dont want to spend 10$ for two pinions. 5 bucks shiipingis great on more expensive orders. His website doesnt list 8 tooth 1mm pinions. I think only a 9 tooth. I check bp hobbies and they dont have any 1mm. It seems everyone has 1.5mm only. Wow doesnt even sell them. Anyone know of anyplace that sells them? Maybe in the u.s?
Old Feb 20, 2012, 11:51 AM
El Dorado de Helicópteros
Joined Aug 2011
168 Posts
Here is a place that sells 1mm and 1.5mm mod.5 pinions.
Proud Polac is offline Find More Posts by Proud Polac
Old Feb 20, 2012, 12:04 PM
Joined Jul 2008
775 Posts
I read we needed mod 0.4 ?
Old Feb 20, 2012, 12:14 PM
United States, TN, Memphis
Joined Dec 2011
871 Posts
7 teeth, mod 0.40mm, bore 1.0mm

On Homefly's site:

7t mod 0.40mm
32t mod 0.30mm
E-flite

Price: $2.00

I got a 7 and 8 tooth mod 0.5 for $7.50 shipped
itsmillertime is online now Find More Posts by itsmillertime
Old Feb 20, 2012, 12:23 PM
Joined Jul 2008
775 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmcbs View Post
Anybody have a recommendation on how to protect the coil. Hot glue? Epoxy?
I use gorilla glue, both to hold the base of the battery wires to the pcd and the little coil. Its not heavy like hot glue is and its non-conductive too!
Old Feb 20, 2012, 12:58 PM
Joined Jun 2011
8,133 Posts
Back when this thread was started, not that long ago, I had never flown a CP heli. You know when you first start flying a heli and you crash all the time? Well, learning to fly 3D is a bit like re-living that. But I'm progressing. Here are some videos of basic 3D flying with the crashes.

Chris

Genius CP 3D flight and Crash 1 (6 min 10 sec)

Genius CP 3D flight and Crash 2 (4 min 23 sec)
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 20, 2012, 01:00 PM
Texas
Joined Jan 2005
235 Posts
Now only I they would acknowledge my emails. I seriously doubt he had to crash if mine fell off in shipping. Looking at the way the esc is situated, it's safe to assume it may have rubbed the coil off as it,s corner reaches the area, or thy may have covered it with the double sided tape which may have pulled it off as it is. It on flat
Dark Poacher is offline Find More Posts by Dark Poacher
Old Feb 20, 2012, 01:03 PM
Joined Jun 2011
8,133 Posts
Well darnit! I jynxed myself! I bent the 1mm shaft on my Genius CP c05 motor today. I tried to straighten it. It flies but it's noisy. I'll have to buy a replacement, I think. The bearings won't last with a bad shaft.

Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 20, 2012, 01:12 PM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,352 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
Back when this thread was started, not that long ago, I had never flown a CP heli. You know when you first start flying a heli and you crash all the time? Well, learning to fly 3D is a bit like re-living that. But I'm progressing. Here are some videos of basic 3D flying with the crashes.

Chris

http://youtu.be/ziSEFERo5G0

http://youtu.be/1uWNcLJTcK0
Very nice flying Chris! You will surpass my skills in another week or two
I can see you practice..practice..practice

I am some what jealous that i didnt have these helis to practice on years ago when i actually had more free time..maybe i wouldnt have stepped away from the hobby so often. Sometimes a crash would break almost every single part on the heli and with a more complex mechanical setup it took me forever to put it back together. Sometimes parts would sit in a box for months to a year while i went back to planes. I guess the bright side is I am real good at heli setup and repair
indoorheli is online now Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed