SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 09, 2012, 07:28 PM
FPV Pilot
Germany, NRW, K
Joined Jun 2010
273 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mescalinedream View Post
Bought 5 of the 350mah's from rcecho and 5 of the 240mah's all for 26$ shipped. I found a 5% discount code.

Then went to ebay and bought 2 of these http://www.ebay.com/itm/walkera-char...item33709769c1
and one of these http://www.ebay.com/itm/3S-Serial-Ch...item4ab2f00669
Now I need to buy a genius main and tail motor.
great find, was looking for some inexpensive walkera connectors, the micro deans seem a bit bulky. I have the same batteries on order. also have some 300mah turnigy nano techs and 240 hyperions. ... don't have my MCP yet though.... wait ... wait ... wait... thumbs roll...

i think i need some slimmer cables which AWG would you recomend?
Mulder_ is offline Find More Posts by Mulder_
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 09, 2012, 07:30 PM
El Dorado de Helicópteros
Joined Aug 2011
168 Posts
Quote:
I read that manny swapped out his mini maingear for the genius. So the genius main gear will not fit with the minicp stock motor, what if I change the minicp motor to a genius motor. Will the main gear from the genius fit then?

I also viewed a picture of both the mini and the genius side by side and the mini's tail looks longer, correct or photo foolery? I want to order the genius motor, tail with motor and genius gear. Tell me I can...?
Manny swapped the gears for less HS with the BL C05 conversion because it has a slightly larger diameter plus the motor wouldn't rub against the servo.

you could probably use the mini motor with the genius gear but why? the mini main gear is far more durable.

If you want more flight time just swap the mini motor for the genius motor.

Proud Polac is offline Find More Posts by Proud Polac
Old Feb 09, 2012, 07:39 PM
Tokyo
Joined Jan 2010
700 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_marty View Post
If the Elevator and Aileron servos are backwards then couldn't you just mount the rx turned around 180 degrees ? wouldn't that trick the gyros into responding correctly? ...i remember on the uflys some guys had there gyros suddenly reverse after trying different servos and the solution was to simply mount the rx upside down which corrected the gyros direction and orientation the the Helis movements....
Here are the servo arm orientations when resting at 90°:

Mini cp
Ele - 3 o'clock
Pit - 3 o'clock
Ail - 3 o'clock

Genius cp
Ele - 3 o'clock
Pit - 9 o'clock
Ail - 3 o'clock

So it is just the pitch servo that is reversed. Could rotating the rx fix that?
bytemuncher is offline Find More Posts by bytemuncher
Last edited by bytemuncher; Feb 09, 2012 at 08:40 PM. Reason: more details added
Old Feb 09, 2012, 07:48 PM
Joined Jul 2008
775 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud Polac View Post
Manny swapped the gears for less HS with the BL C05 conversion because it has a slightly larger diameter plus the motor wouldn't rub against the servo.

you could probably use the mini motor with the genius gear but why? the mini main gear is far more durable.

If you want more flight time just swap the mini motor for the genius motor.

The reason I want to buy the genius gear is so I have a spare just in case. OOmodel now has mini parts prices!!! So now we can see how much we get to spend on parts!
mescalinedream is offline Find More Posts by mescalinedream
Old Feb 09, 2012, 08:06 PM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,534 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bytemuncher View Post
Here are the servo orientations:

Mini cp
Ele - 3 o'clock
Pit - 3 o'clock
Ail - 3 o'clock

Genius cp
Ele - 3 o'clock
Pit - 9 o'clock
Ail - 3 o'clock

So it is just the pitch servo that is reversed. Could rotating the rx fix that?
The miniCP only have one arm on the swash to all servos?? How they do this??

And my Genius has elev at 12:00 pit at 4:00 and ail at 8:00.. Or did I miss what the heck you are talking about??
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Old Feb 09, 2012, 08:17 PM
Joined Oct 2011
189 Posts
He changed the main gear and motor pinion to use the c05m motor so the headspeed was close to stock. With the mini cp main gear it had too much power for how he wanted to fly it. Just go brushless dont worry about crappy brushed motors.
achogg33 is offline Find More Posts by achogg33
Old Feb 09, 2012, 08:30 PM
Tokyo
Joined Jan 2010
700 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by livonia bob View Post
The miniCP only have one arm on the swash to all servos?? How they do this??

And my Genius has elev at 12:00 pit at 4:00 and ail at 8:00.. Or did I miss what the heck you are talking about??
I wasn't very clear and should clarify, I was talking about the servo arm orientations when they are at their resting 90° position.
bytemuncher is offline Find More Posts by bytemuncher
Old Feb 09, 2012, 08:47 PM
Joined Jul 2008
775 Posts
I caanot afford brushless right now since I would need the following:
Brushless motor 22$
brushless esc 20$
Pinion 3$
Genius main gear 5$
25c batteries 5-9$ each

I will use the genius brushed motor 9$
20C batteries 350mah x 5 for 15.00
20c batteries 240mah x 5 for 10$
mescalinedream is offline Find More Posts by mescalinedream
Old Feb 09, 2012, 09:35 PM
Joined Jun 2011
8,134 Posts
I'm using the C05 with the stock mini main gear. No issues. The motor is very close to the servo but I have enough clearance after adjusting the mesh.

Best,
Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 09, 2012, 11:36 PM
vista, Ca
Joined Nov 2006
640 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
I like the stock Mini cp motor over the Genius stock motor because I get 2 min of good 3d flight. With the Genius stock motor even in the first 10 sec on a fresh pack I cannot fly it like the MCP motor but it looks like it works good for sports flying and flips so thats good news.

What pinion did your Mini cp come with on the stock motor? I'm wondering because you said after flying at 2 minutes you barely have power to land and after a 2 min 3d flight on my MCP when it had the stock motor It had plenty of power to land and I could still flip it around one more time if I wanted.

Also If your heli is still not brushless you should try the Genius main gear with the stock MCP motor. The bigger main gear will lower your head speed slightly and should up the flight time and still make good power. I have not tried that yet but I'm curious on how that combo would fly.

Manuel
buildem336 is offline Find More Posts by buildem336
Old Feb 09, 2012, 11:41 PM
United States, TN, Memphis
Joined Dec 2011
871 Posts
Quote:
Bought 5 of the 350mah's from rcecho and 5 of the 240mah's all for 26$ shipped. I found a 5% discount code.

Then went to ebay and bought 2 of these http://www.ebay.com/itm/walkera-char...item33709769c1
and one of these http://www.ebay.com/itm/3S-Serial-Ch...item4ab2f00669
Now I need to buy a genius main and tail motor.
What's the code?
itsmillertime is offline Find More Posts by itsmillertime
Old Feb 09, 2012, 11:44 PM
United States, TN, Memphis
Joined Dec 2011
871 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic k2 View Post
I did a six series harness was easy to make .
Where do you find the Walkera connectors? I want to make a parallel charge cable.
itsmillertime is offline Find More Posts by itsmillertime
Old Feb 10, 2012, 12:07 AM
Joined Mar 2010
497 Posts
I got mine today, charged up the lipo and adjusted blade tracking and 0 pitch.

I found from factory too much pitch so it bog and the battery dies quickly.

Where can i get mini cp parts from just in case?

I really like it, quite stable, and poppy, yet feels agile.
helicraze is offline Find More Posts by helicraze
Old Feb 10, 2012, 12:17 AM
United States, TN, Johnson City
Joined Oct 2011
154 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildem336 View Post
I like the stock Mini cp motor over the Genius stock motor because I get 2 min of good 3d flight. With the Genius stock motor even in the first 10 sec on a fresh pack I cannot fly it like the MCP motor but it looks like it works good for sports flying and flips so thats good news.

What pinion did your Mini cp come with on the stock motor? I'm wondering because you said after flying at 2 minutes you barely have power to land and after a 2 min 3d flight on my MCP when it had the stock motor It had plenty of power to land and I could still flip it around one more time if I wanted.

Also If your heli is still not brushless you should try the Genius main gear with the stock MCP motor. The bigger main gear will lower your head speed slightly and should up the flight time and still make good power. I have not tried that yet but I'm curious on how that combo would fly.

I know you weren't responding to me but I thought I would chime in since people got different pinions with their mini. Mine came with a 9t. I only get about 2 min. of good power for 3d with stock motor. The stock battery has more power than my hyperion 240 25c batts. I think the heli is more stable than my genius and easier to fly inverted and mild 3d maneuvers. The flight time really sucks so I'm going to put my c05 from my genius in it
Manuel
I know you weren't responding to me but my mini came with a 9t pinion just like my genius. I can fly for about 2 min. Then barely any power, deff. not enough for flips or any 3d after 2min. on stock motor. I'm gonna put my c05 in it for more flight time and probably more power. I do think the heli is alot easier to fly
Milf Hunter is offline Find More Posts by Milf Hunter
Old Feb 10, 2012, 01:07 AM
vista, Ca
Joined Nov 2006
640 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milf Hunter View Post
I know you weren't responding to me but my mini came with a 9t pinion just like my genius. I can fly for about 2 min. Then barely any power, deff. not enough for flips or any 3d after 2min. on stock motor. I'm gonna put my c05 in it for more flight time and probably more power. I do think the heli is alot easier to fly
That would explain why mine has power longer. Mine came with an 8t pinion on it. A smaller pinion will give you longer flight time thats why I'm thinking since you guys have a 9t pinion on it the Genius gear will lower the HS making it more like an 8t on a stock MCP main gear. Or atleast closer to it.

Manuel
buildem336 is offline Find More Posts by buildem336