HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 07, 2012, 08:15 PM
Joined Jul 2008
775 Posts
so which one should we get, 320mah or 350?

Beautiful news!!!!Thanks for your purchasing from OOMODEL.

Yes, we will arrange the shipment by today, will keep you posted the tracking no. later when it is available. The goods will be arrived within 7-10days after the shipment.

Thanks for your support.

Wish you a beautiful day.

Alice
mescalinedream is offline Find More Posts by mescalinedream
Last edited by mescalinedream; Feb 07, 2012 at 08:42 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 07, 2012, 08:44 PM
los angeles,ca
Joined May 2010
2,499 Posts
The Walkera 350mah 20C battery is for v100d03 & v100d08
vronny is offline Find More Posts by vronny
Old Feb 07, 2012, 09:06 PM
Joined Jul 2008
775 Posts
some people are saying there is a 350mah 25c battery thats the one I am talking about, not the 20c I finally found the thread in the genius forum. Its the battery that comes with the double brushless kit from walkera. http://9imod.en.alibaba.com/product/...C_Battery.html pictured here It looks like it says "fullriver" on the battery
Last edited by mescalinedream; Feb 07, 2012 at 09:14 PM.
Old Feb 07, 2012, 09:33 PM
los angeles,ca
Joined May 2010
2,499 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mescalinedream View Post
some people are saying there is a 350mah 25c battery thats the one I am talking about, not the 20c I finally found the thread in the genius forum. Its the battery that comes with the double brushless kit from walkera. http://9imod.en.alibaba.com/product/...C_Battery.html pictured here It looks like it says "fullriver" on the battery
The 2 BL motors also looks like the one on my V100D03. I tried that motor on the Genius cp it had the stock D03 pinion but had great HS an awesome power.
vronny is offline Find More Posts by vronny
Old Feb 07, 2012, 09:35 PM
vista, Ca
Joined Nov 2006
640 Posts
Quote:
Can someone tell me what is included with say minicp with devo 8 or minicp with devo 7 combo?

Manny, you say that you didnt do the servo saver mod, why not? Is the minicp less likely to strip out the servo compared to the genius? I had heard that stripping the servo on the genius is a huge problem. Are the servos for the mini different? or are the gears different?

Any mods we should do or a checklist of what needs to be done when we get our mini's?

What extra parts from the genius should I buy for the mini?, what parts are most likely to break and what if any parts on your mini has broke. And one more thing, these questions arent really aimed at manny, anyone with a mini please chime in. Thanks!

I have never stripped a servo on my Genius so I did not bother with the servo saver Mod. Plus I always wondered if it would skip in 3d flight and cause me to crash.

All I have replaced on mine is the Genius main gear (that I am using on my Mcp) and a tail motor.

Manuel
buildem336 is offline Find More Posts by buildem336
Old Feb 07, 2012, 10:02 PM
Lebanon,OH
Joined Oct 2002
381 Posts
Finally my MCP has been shipped from OOmodel today!! With the EMS shipping, hopefully I will have it in a few days!!

So I guess you guys are using the GCP motors on your MCP's? I have a few spare motors laying around that I can throw on my MCP when it gets here. I know the stock MCP motor is quite heavier, but does it really fly better with the GCP motor?

Matt
M3_matt is offline Find More Posts by M3_matt
Old Feb 08, 2012, 02:11 AM
Australia, QLD, Clontarf
Joined Feb 2012
43 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
Good suggestion. That's exactly what I did.

Frankly, only once I put that motor on this heli did I really begin to appreciate it. It now flies much like the Genius CP, just as it did, except with no annoying ccw yaw and a rock solid tail. It's also more responsive than the GCP. There's a bit less power in the first minute of flight or so compared with the beefy stock Mini CP motor, but you get an extra 3 minutes with more performance throughout the entire flight with the GCP motor. I flipped it a bunch of times today and I find it flips a lot easier than the Genius CP. And since the tail holds better, it's easier for me to keep in control for mild 3D moves as a beginner 3D pilot.

I'm also pretty sure that the stock Mini CP motor is too heavy and it messes with the COG. The heli is more stable with the GCP motor. I have a C05 and ESC I can use whenever I get around to soldering it together. The way the tail hold, I think this heli will be just fantastic with the C05 motor.

Final word is this heli is superb. Aside from the main motor (Walkera messed up big on this one), this heli flies awesome right out of the box. Between eliminating the ccw yaw, increasing tail authority and maneuverability, this heli is a good stretch ahead of the Genius CP. Oh, and the bloody landing skids are replaceable, to boot. I can't imagine what a Walkera this size will be like in 5 years from now.

I'll post videos soon.

Best,
Chris
Hi,

I'm new to modding these helicopter, but the extra flight time sounds great for a beginner like me, is swapping the mini cp motor for the genius motor just a plug and play type mod?

If I was to buy this
http://www.helipal.com/hm-genius-cp-...o8q6s9im9l81h0

Would i just be able to take the original motor out and put this one in its place, plug it in and it would work? or is there more to it?

Thanks
brad1601 is offline Find More Posts by brad1601
Old Feb 08, 2012, 02:22 AM
Kopteri2010
Joined Feb 2011
112 Posts
Quote:
Hi... It is me who told about the wklipo017... The battery is made by Fullriver and its really powerfull. I have wrote to Walkera and they said that there is one seller and here it is:

http://www.hobby-wing.com/3e-3-7v-35...o-battery.html

That battery should be the same as in the G-CP BL kit...
It fits perfect into the battery tray and have only 3g more weight then the stock 240mAh one, but fligt time with the C05 motor is 6min 50sec in hard pitch punch...

I ordered 8pc of these Lipos from hobby-wing... I hope they really are tha same size as the wklipo017...

Cheers, Eki
Kopteri2010 is offline Find More Posts by Kopteri2010
Old Feb 08, 2012, 02:31 AM
Kopteri2010
Joined Feb 2011
112 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brad1601 View Post
Hi,

I'm new to modding these helicopter, but the extra flight time sounds great for a beginner like me, is swapping the mini cp motor for the genius motor just a plug and play type mod?

If I was to buy this
http://www.helipal.com/hm-genius-cp-...o8q6s9im9l81h0

Would i just be able to take the original motor out and put this one in its place, plug it in and it would work? or is there more to it?

Thanks
Hi.. It should work like you said, but there must be a little space between the pinion and the main gear. You may use a pc of paper between gears when tighting screws of the motor...

Eki
Kopteri2010 is offline Find More Posts by Kopteri2010
Old Feb 08, 2012, 03:33 AM
Australia, QLD, Clontarf
Joined Feb 2012
43 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kopteri2010 View Post
Hi.. It should work like you said, but there must be a little space between the pinion and the main gear. You may use a pc of paper between gears when tighting screws of the motor...

Eki
Thanks for you help!

I don't quite know what you mean with the paper between the gears but once I've got it in front of me I'm sure it will make sense.

Hopefully ordering a mini cp soon
brad1601 is offline Find More Posts by brad1601
Old Feb 08, 2012, 04:56 AM
Joined Jul 2008
775 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kopteri2010 View Post
Hi... It is me who told about the wklipo017... The battery is made by Fullriver and its really powerfull. I have wrote to Walkera and they said that there is one seller and here it is:

http://www.hobby-wing.com/3e-3-7v-35...o-battery.html

That battery should be the same as in the G-CP BL kit...
It fits perfect into the battery tray and have only 3g more weight then the stock 240mAh one, but fligt time with the C05 motor is 6min 50sec in hard pitch punch...

I ordered 8pc of these Lipos from hobby-wing... I hope they really are tha same size as the wklipo017...

Cheers, Eki
Yes it was you who said it. Can you give me the model number from that battery that you received in the brushless kit? Here is another 350mah 25c battery with weight http://translate.google.com/translat...26prmd%3Dimvns

HERE IT IS UP CLOSE, finally found it http://translate.google.com/translat...26prmd%3Dimvns
Last edited by mescalinedream; Feb 08, 2012 at 05:10 AM.
Old Feb 08, 2012, 04:58 AM
Joined Jul 2008
775 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3_matt View Post
Finally my MCP has been shipped from OOmodel today!! With the EMS shipping, hopefully I will have it in a few days!!

So I guess you guys are using the GCP motors on your MCP's? I have a few spare motors laying around that I can throw on my MCP when it gets here. I know the stock MCP motor is quite heavier, but does it really fly better with the GCP motor?

Matt
When did you order yours? I received a reply if mine would be shipped on the 7th But I wake up only to see my order still processing.
Old Feb 08, 2012, 05:21 AM
Tokyo
Joined Jan 2010
700 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
I wonder if somebody can post a thread on the possibility of upgrading the Genius to the Mini CP frame and using the Genius receiver. I would like to know how feasible it is, and if so the parts required.
I think it depends how much of the mini experience you want. If you already have a genius then a "lite" conversion would just need the following:

Mini cp skids
Mini cp air frame
Mini cp servo holder
A little diy modding to get the genius rx plate mounted...shouldn't be too difficult.

The deluxe conversion would require these additional items:

Mini cp tail rotor blade - more pitch
Mini cp main gear - double thickness and more robust, but smaller so gear ratio is a bit different than the genius
Mini cp main blades - .5mm slimmer and .1gm lighter than genius' main blades

Super deluxe version

Mini cp rx

*WARNING* At the time of this edit there is no verified solution for the reversed pitch servo on the genius rx. It will probably work if you switch the pitch servo's motor and pot wires around.
bytemuncher is offline Find More Posts by bytemuncher
Last edited by bytemuncher; Feb 10, 2012 at 12:38 AM. Reason: added warning
Old Feb 08, 2012, 05:23 AM
Joined Jan 2012
123 Posts
Quote:
http://www.rc711.com/shop/raiden-37v...ry-p-5005.html

I ordered those and got them with 25c not 20c, they seem alittle smaller that the 350mah that comes with double brushless kit. I love those batteries.
distortionist is offline Find More Posts by distortionist
Old Feb 08, 2012, 05:34 AM
Joined May 2011
655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bytemuncher View Post
I think it depends how much of the mini experience you want. If you already have a genius then a "lite" conversion would just need the following:

Mini cp skids
Mini cp air frame
Mini cp servo holder
A little diy modding to get the genius rx plate mounted...shouldn't be too difficult.

The deluxe conversion would require these additional items:

Mini cp tail rotor blade - more pitch
Mini cp main gear - double thickness and more robust, but smaller so gear ratio is a bit different than the genius
Mini cp main blades - .5mm thinner and .1gm lighter than genius' main blades
I am more concered about that on the Mini CP frame one of the servos is in the opposite direction! Could the Genius CP flybarless unit handle it?
FDR_ is offline Find More Posts by FDR_